All this Shez out business

I didn't go tonight so perhaps I'm a bit detached from it.

However, although I've never been Shez's biggest fan, getting rid of him now would be downright stupid. Yes, he made a right cock up with the loans and left us impotent tonight. I'm sure he knows that. Yes, if rumour is right, he refused to bring in a striker pre-Huddersfield last year and we know what happened there.

But - did we not win away on Saturday? At someone who hadn't lost all season at home?

We're also in a strong position in the league.

Tonight was the result of some shocking mismanagement - but I'd like to think we won't be in that position again all season. Hughes is back on Saturday, Byfield by all accounts looked very good and we kept a clean sheet last time out in the league. It sounds as though tonight we made enough chances to win.

If Sheridan goes who do we bring in? The season would be almost immediately written off as the new man makes his mark. Give Shez the rest of the season. He knows what's expected.

Edited by Guernica

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree all round. The biggest Shez fan in the world couldn't deny that there have been some pretty wrong choices made recently. I would like to think that there must be something that explains why seemingly bizarre choices have been made of late, maybe, maybe not. Anyway, Shez overall if one of the best managers we have had for a number of years and we would be nuts to throw it in with him.

However, although I've never been Shez's biggest fan, getting rid of him now would be downright stupid. Yes, he made a right cock up with the loans and left us impotent tonight. I'm sure he knows that. Yes, if rumour is right, he refused to bring in a striker pre-Huddersfield last year and we know what happened there.

But - did we not win away on Saturday? At someone who hadn't lost all season at home?

Tonight was the result of some shocking mismanagement - but I'd like to think we won't be in that position again all season. Hughes is back on Saturday, Byfield by all accounts looked very good and we kept a clean sheet. It sounds as though tonight we made enough chances to win.

If Sheridan goes who do we bring in? The season would be almost immediately written off as the new man makes his mark. Give Shez the rest of the season. He knows what's expected.

Im not his biggest fan, never have been but........ I think he is awful , ive seen and heard enough to form my opinion on Shez.

Its Shez way or no way and you cant run a football team like that...... He will blame someone for that gash tonight but it wont be him!!!!!!

He :censored: up and I for one would give him some credit if he admitted it, but he wont - he is a tit!

KEEPING THE FAITH - JUST

Guest sheridans_world

Tonight was the result of some shocking mismanagement - but I'd like to think we won't be in that position again all season. Hughes is back on Saturday, Byfield by all accounts looked very good and we kept a clean sheet last time out in the league. It sounds as though tonight we made enough chances to win.

I totally agree.

However, I am still blaming tonights performance (or lack of) on Hughes, we had cross after cross in, with no players taller than a post-box on the end of them. I am certain we would have won had Hughes played in either the first game or the replay. Two stupid, idiotic yellow cards and we're out of the cup.

Agree all round. The biggest Shez fan in the world couldn't deny that there have been some pretty wrong choices made recently. I would like to think that there must be something that explains why seemingly bizarre choices have been made of late, maybe, maybe not. Anyway, Shez overall if one of the best managers we have had for a number of years and we would be nuts to throw it in with him.

How can you say that Leeslover!!!!

Can we afford has a team and club to give him until the end of the season ?

I say give him until Christmas, I dont mean we have to be top the league by then but Shez has to be seen to be sorting the squad out ! Bringing the right blend to the first team and working with the GOOD squad that he currently as.

Discipline, Direction and Team Cohesion thats what is going to get us promoted and keep shez in a job !

If not, then with Managers of the calibre of Aidy Boothroyd, Ian Holloway et al unemployed - Do we has a club have any other choice ?

Guest sheridans_world

I say give him until Christmas, I dont mean we have to be top the league by then but Shez has to be seen to be sorting the squad out ! Bringing the right blend to the first team and working with the GOOD squad that he currently as.

Discipline, Direction and Team Cohesion thats what is going to get us promoted and keep shez in a job !

If not, then with Managers of the calibre of Aidy Boothroyd, Ian Holloway et al unemployed - Do we has a club have any other choice ?

I dont agree, give him till the end of the season. 5 Points off the top of the league at the moment, I'd take that in another few weeks. That coupled with Byfield coming back and COG coming back with a few games under his belt.

They say there is no loyalty in football, I think we should show some in Shez.

IN SHEZ WE TRUST

KEEP THE FAITH!

ITS ONLY THE CUP!!

The blame lies with Shez - someone needs to be accountable for having no real strike force available for tonight. The fans deserve some sort of hand up approach from the club.

Shez is one of the best managers we have had for a number of years.....Maybe, but that's not difficult when you think of the likes of Moore, Talbot, Wadsworth, Sharp, hardly surprising really, but Sheridan's had a lot more money than that lot too!

Man management is where Sheridan's falling down. He wants to play the right way and we've seen some good performances and some bad and that's the reason we're still in this division, INCONSISTENCY!!!!

I reckon if we are outside the top 8 by Christmas Shez will be gone, maybe even sooner... and he really can't complain!!

Guest sheridans_world
The blame lies with Hughes - someone needs to be accountable for having no real strike force available for tonight. The fans deserve some sort of hand up approach from the club.

I dont agree, give him till the end of the season. 5 Points off the top of the league at the moment, I'd take that in another few weeks. That coupled with Byfield coming back and COG coming back with a few games under his belt.

They say there is no loyalty in football, I think we should show some in Shez.

IN SHEZ WE TRUST

KEEP THE FAITH!

ITS ONLY THE CUP!!

GET REAL - In Shez I would trust :censored: all

We definately can not afford to give him untill the end of the season if we are going to get rid

Any new manager deserves at least the best part of 6 games to have a look at the players we have in action to make up his own mind on who to let go in june.

I stand by what I said previously, if come feb we are not in the running for a playoff place, hes a gonner.

No. Tonight has seen the first seed of doubt in my head with regards to Shez. I would have had them playing better than that.

The :censored: up with having no strikers goes back to the :censored: up of scrapping the reserves in my opinion. That is now proving a big mistake. 30 games left this season, 32/33 if we're lucky, and all those squad players just training a bit for their money.

Disaster.

Guest sheridans_world
I reckon if we are outside the top 8 by Christmas Shez will be gone, maybe even sooner... and he really can't complain!!

And if we are 9th but only 2 points off the top of the league, that still count?

Sheridan as done nothing but cock up. He's been making wrong choices these last 2 years, We need a change as an oldham i am going to give him to xmas to change my mind if were not in the top 6 then he as to go. Sending 2 of your 5 strikers out on loan is bollocks and getting knocked out of the FA cup round 1 Is Dier.

Definately not time to sack the manager, ridiculous reaction from many on here. My favourites are the ones blaming Shez for not having enough striking options tonight, yet many were the same who moaned about how Davies and COG were a waste of space and should be sent on loan as soon as. You can't have it both ways!

Onwards to Roots Hall with Hughes and Byfield back, and perhaps a full league debut for Kieron Lee.

Sending 2 of your 5 strikers out on loan is bollocks....

To be fair if you have 5 strikers, no reserves and are trying to bring in Darren Byfield it makes perfect sense. Bit unlucky how it turned out tonight with Hughesy being suspended, O'Grady unavailable and what not. The root problem is......no reserves. All so we can pay salaries of players who have no football to play, hence are unfit, hence Greegs playing in midfield. Ridiculous - get some games organised asap!

To be fair if you have 5 strikers, no reserves and are trying to bring in Darren Byfield it makes perfect sense. Bit unlucky how it turned out tonight with Hughesy being suspended, O'Grady unavailable and what not. The root problem is......no reserves. All so we can pay salaries of players who have no football to play, hence are unfit, hence Greegs playing in midfield. Ridiculous - get some games organised asap!

I'd have a guess he played Gregan in the middle to add some muscle in there. Was Lee going to bully their big units around in his first game back for months?

I'd have a guess he played Gregan in the middle to add some muscle in there. Was Lee going to bully their big units around in his first game back for months?

Whilst he's out of the side to 'clear his head'? Im a big Greegs fan - I could see him in a midfield 3 dominating the centre circle and providing a few quality passes, as he did tonight, but I was still pretty shocked to see him in there. I think it highlights the problem of a lack of match fitness in the squad players - how can we have players 'pushing for places' if they haven't got any matches to impress in?

:angry:

4-5-1 with three defensive midfielders, one of which didnt wana play there and who's mental state appears in tatters for weeks sums it up ..... Shez is at fault for Stephens Lee not behind on the field for either ....

1) He signed them ... they aren't the players he thought they were

2) He thinks 3 defensive like-for-like midfielders in a 4-5-1 is the correct tactical strategy against a truly abysmal, defensively frail as a 100yr old outfit

3) He thinks they aren't match-fit - he was part of the decision-making process for getting rid of the reserves

Shez needs to improve his decision-making sharpish or he's out in the new year - I hope he gets till the summer 'cos can't see how changing a manager can help the team half way thru a season BUT he is off then unless we go up I'm sure