All this Shez out business

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, it's no way good news for the club. New manager, back to square one again with said new manager not liking certain players etc., etc. We get nowhere and the TTA throw out their toys again. I'm sure these issues will be discussed, hopefully in private this time.

Now, if we can only persuade Redknapp to leave that two-bit club......

and I'm sure Liddel could still do 'a job' upfront but if Gregan is a better option in midfield than Lee and Stephens then why did we waste money on them? Poor choice for me.

Pretty much what I said.....

I expect they aren't ready to play because there is no reserve team. Maybe the likes of Stevens should have been loaned out rather than COG? Easy to say with hindsight yes, but not particularly difficult to have the foresight to see either.

Pretty much what I said.....

I expect they aren't ready to play because there is no reserve team. Maybe the likes of Stevens should have been loaned out rather than COG? Easy to say with hindsight yes, but not particularly difficult to have the foresight to see either.

i thought lee was good last night for the little time he was on and maybe stephens would have been too given the chance,imo lee made a case for himsellf and as there are no reserve games he should be given a chance even if its just half a game to start with as he wont be match fit but thats not his fault.

You think he's still a midfielder or a defender? He has been a defender for a good few years and if you, Shez or anyone else thinks he can still do a job in midfield then there is no hope for you.

No hope it is then. I'm not saying it was the right call last night but to say that a player who was on the fringes of Premiership class as a midfielder couldn't do anything there for us now is just daft. He's excellent on the ball and a very good tackler. Not exactly the most moble but some very good midfielders aren't.

From reading this post, one thing becomes apparent, is the debate on how we best negate the hoof ball of Cheltenham. Surely as the home team, we should have put out a side to play to our best available advantages, which is simply football. Our formation should have been to play them off the field with passing football, not pack the midfield with defending midfielders to stop them playing their game.

I'll put this one down to poor management.

Edited by mikejh45

I know which class he should be in after last night....... :dunce:

Replace "different class" with "same old sh1te" and we're there with that banner!!

As many have said, last night was an amalgamation of all that is wrong with the club at the moment; brought lovingly together in 1 absolutely shocking performance.

Mis-management of the highest order is happening from the top of the club all the way down (but thankfully stopping before it hits the yoofs, bring on 9t of Dec & St James Park i say - looking forward to that!!)

The scrapping of the ressies was a shocking decision, shown up last night.

Sheridans lack of tactical foresight, in worrying more about a side who are woeful on their travels & 17th in the league, rather than fielding a side that has the shape & personel to showcase & utiliese our best strengths, shown up last night.

Square pegs into round holes position wise, shown up last night.

Lack of ability to quickly change things on the pitch; mid game when things are clearly not working, shown up last night.

Over-reliance on our 'old heads' in the team, playing week in week out, irrigardless of form, un-droppable in the managers eye's when younger; hungrier models are warming the bench or sat in the stands, shown up last night.

A cup-tied striker that could have been brought in in time for the 1st leg; sat in the stand in the row in front of me, watching the sack of sh1te that he's just joined, shown up last nigt.

A motionless manager stood pitch side, occasionally shouting at Jones or Lewis, looking hang-drawn & un-motivated; whilst his oppposite number never shut up all game & made decisions when they were needed (N.B this does not in any way mean i for one minute like Martin Allen; he's a grade A cock!), shown up last night.

Hoof ball up to our strikers, bypassing the midfield, whereby our small & physically weaker small lads get beaten in the air everytime, for the 2nd ball tobe mopped up by their midfield, shown up last night.

how a million miles away we are from ever gettng out of this league, shown up last night.

I'm unbelievabley angry about the state of the club at present. Last night was the bringing together of all the evils that have been around for ages, we've mearly been papering over the crack with results like the leeds / leicester / scunny one's. We are a mid table team, being poorly managed at present which is making us look ever worse.

Going nowhere fast, and something will have to give. I'm very, very weakly holding onto the strap of the keep the faith banner - for how long the TTA decide to keep the faith with the current regime will be an interesting watch over the coming weeks.

A win on saturday will not suddenly make all ok again, there are big issues & problems in the club that need addressing asap!

phew, pause for breath after that!

Replace "different class" with "same old sh1te" and we're there with that banner!!

As many have said, last night was an amalgamation of all that is wrong with the club at the moment; brought lovingly together in 1 absolutely shocking performance.

Mis-management of the highest order is happening from the top of the club all the way down (but thankfully stopping before it hits the yoofs, bring on 9t of Dec & St James Park i say - looking forward to that!!)

The scrapping of the ressies was a shocking decision, shown up last night.

Sheridans lack of tactical foresight, in worrying more about a side who are woeful on their travels & 17th in the league, rather than fielding a side that has the shape & personel to showcase & utiliese our best strengths, shown up last night.

Square pegs into round holes position wise, shown up last night.

Lack of ability to quickly change things on the pitch; mid game when things are clearly not working, shown up last night.

Over-reliance on our 'old heads' in the team, playing week in week out, irrigardless of form, un-droppable in the managers eye's when younger; hungrier models are warming the bench or sat in the stands, shown up last night.

A cup-tied striker that could have been brought in in time for the 1st leg; sat in the stand in the row in front of me, watching the sack of sh1te that he's just joined, shown up last nigt.

A motionless manager stood pitch side, occasionally shouting at Jones or Lewis, looking hang-drawn & un-motivated; whilst his oppposite number never shut up all game & made decisions when they were needed (N.B this does not in any way mean i for one minute like Martin Allen; he's a grade A cock!), shown up last night.

Hoof ball up to our strikers, bypassing the midfield, whereby our small & physically weaker small lads get beaten in the air everytime, for the 2nd ball tobe mopped up by their midfield, shown up last night.

how a million miles away we are from ever gettng out of this league, shown up last night.

I'm unbelievabley angry about the state of the club at present. Last night was the bringing together of all the evils that have been around for ages, we've mearly been papering over the crack with results like the leeds / leicester / scunny one's. We are a mid table team, being poorly managed at present which is making us look ever worse.

Going nowhere fast, and something will have to give. I'm very, very weakly holding onto the strap of the keep the faith banner - for how long the TTA decide to keep the faith with the current regime will be an interesting watch over the coming weeks.

A win on saturday will not suddenly make all ok again, there are big issues & problems in the club that need addressing asap!

phew, pause for breath after that!

EXCELLENT POST!!! No arguments here.

Thanks, just telling as i see it at present.

Going for a lie down now, much needed!

Exactly, and I agree with every word of it aswell...

I just cant help but thinking we are into 'lose two games in a row and you are out' territory.... tends to be how erratic chairman think... If we get beat on saturday with our supposed full stength side then I think Sheridan is in big big trouble... the fact the walsall game is round the corner may save him... which could potentially mean next tuesday could be a very big game for the future of our boss...

... step forward Mr Ricketts. :wink:

Good post - these are the only two points i would disagree with. Firstly I'm not sure about the younger players, as Shez has touched on in his interview. He has always been willing to give youth a chance in the past. Also I don't think the older players have really let anybody down to any great extent, ignoring Gregan's recent form/issues. They certainly aren't coasting.

Secondly we aren't a million miles away from getting out of this league - we aren't far off being a good side in a poor league. However the crucial weak link holding us back may, may just be the manager. But then some weeks he and we are excellent!?!

Good post - these are the only two points i would disagree with. Firstly I'm not sure about the younger players, as Shez has touched on in his interview. He has always been willing to give youth a chance in the past. Also I don't think the older players have really let anybody down to any great extent, ignoring Gregan's recent form/issues. They certainly aren't coasting.

Secondly we aren't a million miles away from getting out of this league - we aren't far off being a good side in a poor league. However the crucial weak link holding us back may, may just be the manager. But then some weeks he and we are excellent!?!

[/quote

Stitch, the kids are good enough but if all they ever do is train and not play in serious games then when they are called upon they invariably appear off the pace. Last season, we had Chalmers, this season we have Lee and Stephens, all potentially good, skillful players and so far we have seen in total less than half a game. We have different opinions over the value of the older players, but if these younger players aren't given a chance then the longer the season goes on we run the risk of them looking elsewhere for opportunities.

Your second point is more interesting and can be linked with the first insofar that when we have a commanding lead in games then I think there should be opportunities from the bench.