Shez says we are going to lose Taylor

Aye and some people will be moaning that the horses aren't advancing quick enough or that the one on the end isn't tracking back enough!

The only way to recreate the 90s at BP is to get another 5000 through the gate every game. No chicken and egg on this, the team will not play this magical entertaining football without the people of Oldham putting their money where our mouths are, TTA have said they aren't going to bankrupt themselves and nor should they so the money has to come from the pockets of the fans.

But this isn't going to happen I hear you say - Exactly.

Even if we are top of the league going in to the 2nd week in April the max we will get at BP will be 8000 - even if the lookers was still open.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because a lot more people are now thinking do i want to give up £50 plus per week of my hard earned to pay for the family to line the pockets of petulant tossers who've never done a day's work or is there something better??

Unfortunately it's now paying bills, petrol, food etc. Football needs a reality check soon - think it's coming!

Tbh watching teletext videprinter has its moments.

That is a very damning indictment of football in the lower leagues, though sadly one which rings true and has the eventual potential to reduce pro football in this country to 3 or possible even 2 leagues.

Worrying times.

There is no long-term future for professional lower league football, particularly if predictions of a ten-year recession, or worse, have any truth in them.

Professional football is set to become the preserve of foreign-owned big city glamour clubs capable of filling sides with household names, with a pale imitation Premier League Mark Two, possibly with no promotion or relegation. Standards at our level will decline markedly as clubs go part-time, if they manage to survive at all. At BP crowds would decline below the 1500/2,000 mark as more former Latics fans retreat to the no-smoking town centre drinking hall-cum microwave meal outlet (most local pubs will have folded), to bask in the reflected glory of Ronaldo, Tevez or Robinho.

And the reality of the situation is that we broke even last season by having a good cup run and selling a player in January.

This season without that cup run and with average/poor attendances it seems fairly logical that we'll have to sell.

So the stayaways say "Typical Latics, always selling their best players - no ambition - why should I giive 'em my money?"

And the same old merry go round keeps turning, until one day the owners decide enough is enough, and the faithful customers are distraught.

So the stayaways say "Typical Latics, always selling their best players - no ambition - why should I giive 'em my money?"

And the same old merry go round keeps turning, until one day the owners decide enough is enough, and the faithful customers are distraught.

........ and yet Scunthorpe seem to be doing ok after losing their star players and thriving again in this league (after a spell in the Championship) with smaller gates than us!!!

And the reality of the situation is that we broke even last season by having a good cup run and selling a player in January.

This season without that cup run and with average/poor attendances it seems fairly logical that we'll have to sell.

We didnt break even. With the money from the cup run and the first installment of the trotman money (250k i think) we lost 400k alltogether.

If someone come in with

- 700k plus sell on clause for taylor

OR

- 300k for Hughes

Think either or both of them could go.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez clarifies what he meant:

“It sounds like I’m trying to sell him, which I’m definitely not because he’s important to us, but he’s a very accomplished player.

“He’s playing very well and if he carries on performing like that we’ll lose him.

“He’s doing it every week, which is what other managers will be looking at, and it’s just the way he plays that impresses you.

“Like I said, and I’m not trying to sell hiI don’t want to lose Chris Taylorm, but he’s a good player with a good attitude."

Sounds just like the comments people have said about Beckham, first on the training pitch, last off it - if that is what it takes to get a contract worth £250,000 a week then why the hell don't the numbskulls on the payroll at BP put 2 and 2 together, pull their finger out and get back to Chapel Road and set themselves on a course that could net them £250,000 a week?

We didnt break even. With the money from the cup run and the first installment of the trotman money (250k i think) we lost 400k alltogether.

If someone come in with

- 700k plus sell on clause for taylor

OR

- 300k for Hughes

Think either or both of them could go.

...and this is where I get a bit narky, as I have done for a while now. What are TTA chasing? Promotion, I hear you all say. But at what cost. If we go up now I suspect with all the acquisitions we have made we'll still be losing money (and back down bloody quick). Why haven't they cut their cloth so that they aren't losing money? - it isn't impossible. We've made signings (for money and otherwise) which weren't necessary who will be on pretty decent money. If we lost £400k last year - then lose £400k from the wage bill (Liddell and GaryMac should cover that), don't sign on a dozen new players. People can point to the wage bill to knock Sheridan as much as they like, but when push comes to shove nigh on every manager in the league will spend as much as they can get their hands on.

What did they expect. A team with a large, but far from anywhere near the largest in the division to piss it this year? A cup run - which doesn't come very often nowadays? The crowds to go up? Where did they expect the money to come in from?

Well all of them were either unlikely or very unlikely to happen. So having run up the daft debts, it's time to sell your prize assets. Goodbye Eardley. Goodbye Taylor. Goodbye Hughes. We are a selling club and always will be but giving the manager money to buy half a dozen unnecessary players was just stupidity on their part.

Sounds just like the comments people have said about Beckham, first on the training pitch, last off it - if that is what it takes to get a contract worth £250,000 a week then why the hell don't the numbskulls on the payroll at BP put 2 and 2 together, pull their finger out and get back to Chapel Road and set themselves on a course that could net them £250,000 a week?

Because most of them know deep down that they're not that good.

So what the hell happened to them at Hereford?

:censored: happens. It happened yesterday.

Not even a mention of skill. It really must be dismal supporting his teams.

:censored: is happening all too regularly and it can be dismal supporting most teams, especially ours.

Allen's players showed much more skill, organisation, pride, passion, belief and desire than most of our lads last night. Their 91 travelling supporters must have been chuffed to bits that the "words" Allen had with them after the Hereford game did the trick, as they knocked us out of the Cup for the third time.

:censored: is happening all too regularly and it can be dismal supporting most teams, especially ours.

Allen's players showed much more skill, organisation, pride, passion, belief and desire than most of our lads last night. Their 91 travelling supporters must have been chuffed to bits that the "words" Allen had with them after the Hereford game did the trick, as they knocked us out of the Cup for the third time.

Nail & head again!

Unfortunately, it is now i feel an inked in, nailed on certainty that one (or 2!) of the prize assets will be sold in January; take your pick from:

Taylor / Hughes / Eardley / Smalley / Lewis..........

Add to that any number of

JPK / Tommo / Davies.......and our stong squad looks a weak one at the end of Jan

And all for f**king up a cup game!

Somebody said ":censored: happens". The players earned a get out of jail card in the second half at Cheltenham. Last night the players wiped their arses on it!

That's the point.

If, if we'd have won either the 1st leg or last night, we had chance, granted it was just that, a chance, of making the 3rd round, where we had; once again, a chance of getting a big tie.

This tie could have afforded us the relative luxuary of not having to sell our star players in Jan. I think we could have made do with getting JPK / Thompson / Davies / poss the Wolfy etc off the wage bill & adding that to the FA Cup monies, been in a similar postion to last season with the FA Cup / Trotman money.

Now, it looks increasingly likely that a "star" will be sold, maybe 2 or 3 to balance the books - only adding to the cycle of going nowhere like we have been for years.

Can you tell i'm still mad about last night???

Nail & head again!

Unfortunately, it is now i feel an inked in, nailed on certainty that one (or 2!) of the prize assets will be sold in January; take your pick from:

JPK / Tommo / Davies.......and our stong squad looks a weak one at the end of Jan

i also think we will sell in january....taylor being prized assett number one with all this talking up of his attitude and determination.

hughes has already stated he wants to play higher level again,but lets be honest do far he hasnt fired has he,so if he leaves us and gets his move what exactly have we had from him??? if he scores 20 goals and gets us up then goes we can all say cheers,thanks for shooting us up....but at present his form doesnt warrant a move...

kalala will go,been told already he can,as will thompson..and i suspect davies.....

the thing i find worrying...is all this talk from shez saying when we get it down on the deck we can play a bit and worry teams...but each game we play we always resort to long ball game bypassing midfield,which makes for a very dull game.

but he does nothing to change it.....if you trained all week for a game and practice the moves and so on then come the game and the plans out the window immediately,you wouldnt be on the touchline with your arms folded shaking your head..you would be screaming at them telling them what you want and why are you not doing it.....

i think shez is a decent guy....but he is a :censored: manager and out of his depth,he was the cheap option for tta,s and i think even they have realised that he isnt good enough.....he will still get my support and backing all season,but at the end of it if we miss out on promotion again i wont shed a tear when he is relieved of his duties...

Nail & head again!

Not sure it is for messing up one cup game. In fact I completely disagree that it is.

• Lost c£400k last season

Wage bill increased from last season (Fleming, Whitaker, Lee, unseen United lad, Maher, Stephens, O'Grady, increased Davies wage instead of MacDonald and a reduced Liddell wage*)

Chances of an Everton away are very, very slim.

£500k for Trotman last year.

That is well over a million quid to make up. Attendances ain't been hot either.

With an FA Cup run I would have guessed at a couple or one stupid priced one going. Once that it was mentioned that we were struggling by Corney (?) then every player became worth putting in half a million at the most for. I'd have been surprised to see no one go, and will be still. But to throw it all at an FA Cup run is giving too much credit to whoever is controlling the purse strings at the moment**.

*May have missed one or two.

**Unless they really don't mind throwing millions away.

In his first season in charge he got us to the play-offs (probably should have got promoted) playing attractive football compared to the awful rubbish we had to watch under Ronnie Moore. I don't think he's out of his depth and some other team will benefit if we act like a premiership team and do the rash thing.

What is all this attractive football bilge? He played attractive football with Ronnie Moore's squad which included a couple of the best players that Shridan has had - Wellens and Porter... i'm sorry, but this is now sheridans team... and we arent playing anything like 'attractive football' - most of the last two months we have been playing with far less ability than even Ronnie's 'awful rubbish'.

Attractive football my backside - sheridan has coached a bunch of decent footballers into a group of people who for the majority of the time couldnt string two passes together through midfield, and rely on hoofing the ball to the strikers - yet again we are heading into a match on saturday hoping our two best forward might actually pull our arse out of the fire....

None of the problems have been addressed. Shez can bleat on about playing it on the deck, which seems to bemuse some people into thinking it is actually happening - it bloody isnt... hoof the ball up front and hope Hughes, Taylor and Byfield might be able to pick up the pieces - brilliant football. Thanks.