Last Night's Goal

It's listed as being on tomorrow night, thanks for the heads-up, i'd hate to have missed that. Even worse than it sounded. Can't really blame crossley but i'm sure he won't be happy about getting beaten at the near post. Awful. :mad:

Shocking goal to concede! Just seen it on TV for the first time since seeing it live and really, we might as well have not had a defender in the :censored:ing box! Awful, awful goal. As bad as I remembered it at the time and possibly the worst this season just for the fact that no one player is at fault, but several for just not being anywhere near the ball or scorer. Nightmares I'm going to have indeed!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Shocking goal to concede! Just seen it on TV for the first time since seeing it live and really, we might as well have not had a defender in the :censored:ing box! Awful, awful goal. As bad as I remembered it at the time and possibly the worst this season just for the fact that no one player is at fault, but several for just not being anywhere near the ball or scorer. Nightmares I'm going to have indeed!

I like the fact that you've edited your post but still left the 'f' word in. Respect :lol:

I like the fact that you've edited your post but still left the 'f' word in. Respect :lol:

Lol...swearing for effect is a must :grin:...especially for that goal last night...I really, really could find several more expletives but I think I'm just going to close the lid on my laptop and go sleep it off...

I'm not up for watching it right now - I have this thing that I don't like to make myself feel any worse after a grotty loss by watching it until I can see it in perspective.

But why can't we defend throw ins? OWTB can pick up a threat from them, why can't OAFC?

I'm not up for watching it right now - I have this thing that I don't like to make myself feel any worse after a grotty loss by watching it until I can see it in perspective.

But why can't we defend throw ins? OWTB can pick up a threat from them, why can't OAFC?

At what point will you be able to see it in persepective? And from where will this perspective appear? I'm only asking because I'd like some myself. Perspective, that is :grin:

At what point will you be able to see it in persepective? And from where will this perspective appear? I'm only asking because I'd like some myself. Perspective, that is :grin:

I think you need to be drunk anyway, and then take a shot of Listerine whilst looking at yourself in two mirrors.

And people wonder why I have difficulties, they have no idea the barriers I have to cross.

Long throw into the box, knocked back to another Cheltenham player, who had time to control it before scoring. The penalty area was full of blue shirts but nobody moved a muscle.

I doubt whether the players wil lose any sleep over it, so why should I?

No-one moved - Gregan just let it go past him - the player who scored then had time to chest the ball and turn and score - absolute rank bad defending - it was worse than I remembered it from the night - shocking and happens far too often - as for losing sleep - I stopped that years ago when I realised that football is merely a distraction from life. :shock:

FFS, perspective is exactly what is needed here.

I know some people like to blame Gregan for every goal conceded and every defeat we endure but to blame him for that Cheltenham goal is absolutely :censored: ridiculous.

The ball is thrown in, both the defender and attacker misjudge it so there is no flick on, the ball then bounces and goes way over Gregans head (even a basketball player could not have got to it) the scorer Montrose then runs straight past Stam and chests the ball into space before finishing.

It was a piss poor goal to concede by the team but to try to pin it on Gregan is just :censored: stupid.

I know people like their scapegoats on here but FFS if anyone is to blame then it is definately Stefan (The Rock) Stam which may also in some way account for his substitution.

FFS, perspective is exactly what is needed here.

I know some people like to blame Gregan for every goal conceded and every defeat we endure but to blame him for that Cheltenham goal is absolutely :censored: ridiculous.

The ball is thrown in, both the defender and attacker misjudge it so there is no flick on, the ball then bounces and goes way over Gregans head (even a basketball player could not have got to it) the scorer Montrose then runs straight past Stam and chests the ball into space before finishing.

It was a piss poor goal to concede by the team but to try to pin it on Gregan is just :censored: stupid.

I know people like their scapegoats on here but FFS if anyone is to blame then it is definately Stefan (The Rock) Stam which may also in some way account for his substitution.

The original post read 'No-one moved' - not an attempt to blame it on Gregan at all - looking at it again you'll see that both Gregan and Hazell are standing in space as the ball bounces over them and yes it is Stam's man who scores rushing away from Stam and past both Hazell and Gregan - but it was a collective defensive failure. No scapegoats needed - they are all culpable.

Better now? :wink:

The original post read 'No-one moved' - not an attempt to blame it on Gregan at all - looking at it again you'll see that both Gregan and Hazell are standing in space as the ball bounces over them and yes it is Stam's man who scores rushing away from Stam and past both Hazell and Gregan - but it was a collective defensive failure. No scapegoats needed - they are all culpable.

I've still not seen the goal on the telly but I feel like I have :omg:

Not really, your post does mention Gregan by name although I know you did say no-one moved.

I agree that it was a bad team goal to concede as several players were indeed spectators, but if any one individual deserved a special mention then for the reason I stated above I think it should have been Stefan (The Rock ) Stam, not Gregan.

I wasn't having a go at you, but just recently Gregan really has been a scapegoat with some for nearly everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last month or so.

I wasn't having a go at you, but just recently Gregan really has been a scapegoat with some for nearly everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last month or so.

Stop exaggerating. It was his fault that Mark Hughes got "that " goal. Greegs got nowhere near him.

...just recently Gregan really has been a scapegoat with some for nearly everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last month or so.....

.....which lead to this:

Gregan was very honest in last night's programme and admitting to having a number of things going on in his personal life and 'not just what has been reported in the press'. So, who knows when they actually started. He also held his hands up to the recent mistakes. Takes a big man.....and he is a big man!

The sooner Gregan can get his form back to how he played against Leeds this season, the better for everyone. We may have to be patient though.

I've still not seen the goal on the telly but I feel like I have :omg:

You also won't have seen little Shez interviewed after Barrow's win in the Cup replay. He had almost lost his voice completely during the game, so when he spoke in front of the cameras, he sounded like a cross between Mickey Mouse and Norman Collier's faulty microphone. :grin: