NHL

I'll go:

Detroit to beat Anaheim in 5 - 2 games out

Chicago to beat Vancouver in 7 - 1 game out

Carolina to beat Boston 6 - 1 game out

Washington to beat Pittsburgh in 6 - wrong!!

And for the finals:

Pittsburgh to beat Carolina in 7

Detroit to beat Chicago in 6

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a ghoul but I can't resist a full-on "big club" crash! :grin:

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=148003

Sorry - Havent been hiding, just a manic day yesterday....

Ahhh, think it can be summed up in one emoticon..

:disappointed:

Just an amazing performance - coming within an inch of knocking out the 1 and 2 seeds in the west, something which has never been done, just brilliant, especially from Getz and Hiller - who was rightfully shattered at the end, sure he was thinking like Ward a couple of years back - this was his year.

Just fantastic though - and the only criticism is that the shakyness of the season has cost us, theres no way we were the 8th best team, however, have a feeling all it would have done is got us one game further.. as no matter how close you push the wings, they are still the best team in the league.

An interesting close season now awaits... and that dreaded word.. "Rebuilding" (is Dave Penney available? :wink: )

Leave it with Adam Brady - who writes the official Ducks Blog...

It's pretty ironic that we're heartbroken the Ducks didn't make the conference finals, when not too long ago we didn't even think we'd be here at all. But this team teased us by never quitting. They teased us by charging into the playoffs, knocking off the top seed and fighting to the finish in a Game 7 against what is probably the best team in the league. To come that far and to come that close only made the elimination that much more heartbreaking. But, you know what? We wouldn't want it any other way. Sure the ending was harsh, but my what a great ride.

JSS - as for supporting the Pens... sorry, just cant do it, although I like them, they are just a team I cant support. Have to plump for the 'canes... purely cos of Jokinen and thier finnish connection... and for thier pure fighting spirit... However dont think anyone will stop the Wings... Doesnt mean I dont think you will win in the conf final though! :lol:

Wings in 5

Pens in 6

JSS - as for supporting the Pens... sorry, just cant do it, although I like them, they are just a team I cant support. Have to plump for the 'canes... purely cos of Jokinen and thier finnish connection... and for thier pure fighting spirit... However dont think anyone will stop the Wings... Doesnt mean I dont think you will win in the conf final though! :lol:

And to think I cheered when Bobby Ryan got the equaliser on Thursday night. That hurts.

:wink:

WE SIGNED THE LAD FROM COLE HARBOUR

CROSBY CROSBY

YOU'LL NEVER LOSE AGAIN HE SAID

CROSBY CROSBY

HE GETS THE PUCK HE SCORES AGAIN

WE'LL NEVER EVER LOSE AGAIN

SIDNEY CROSBY PENGUINS 87

NANANANNANANNANANANNANANA

NANNANANNANANANNANANNANNA

S I D N E Y CROSBY PENGUINS 87

I like the way your rhymed 'again' with 'again' :wink:

Was feeling comfortable until they pulled that goal bag, going to be a tense final twenty.

Mary Mother Of God!!!

Pens have their name on the cup. Just give up playing D and out score the swine.

Ahhh... so thats why Big Joe turned down staying on with us.... he has gone to sit on the Pens bench as a consultant!

... still wont work against the Wings though... :wink:

We're playing some outstanding stuff at the moment. You don't need defence when MAF is on form, and for all the headlines that Sid and Geno are making, we've still got secondary scoring and the third and fourth lines are creating plenty of chances.

The Wings won't know what's hit them (if they get through :wink:)...

WE WANT THE CUP

That said we aren't at the final yet :blush:

And you also have the age old problem that if you make it in 4 then that is a hell of a lot of down time before you finally get to face someone. Sure it helps with injuries but it can also take the zip out of your play... if you get a team winning in 6 or 7 who are buzzing and only have 3-4 days waiting then you could find games 1/2 very difficult.

And you also have the age old problem that if you make it in 4 then that is a hell of a lot of down time before you finally get to face someone. Sure it helps with injuries but it can also take the zip out of your play... if you get a team winning in 6 or 7 who are buzzing and only have 3-4 days waiting then you could find games 1/2 very difficult.

Well, after last nights swatting of the 'hawks, I think the Wings just made a statement as to who the real big boys left in this tournament are. Doesnt matter how many games rest the Pens have, they are going to struggle against that.... and I dont think they will have to wait too long!!!

As I have said before... the true conference finals were in the last round... this is just two teams having a two week rest before they actually have to get down to business...

Well, after last nights swatting of the 'hawks, I think the Wings just made a statement as to who the real big boys left in this tournament are. Doesnt matter how many games rest the Pens have, they are going to struggle against that.... and I dont think they will have to wait too long!!!

As I have said before... the true conference finals were in the last round... this is just two teams having a two week rest before they actually have to get down to business...

Not having that...last night didn't show the Wings were the real big boys left in tournament...whilst the Wings have made tough work of five of their last six games, we've gone from strength to strength...we're constantly improving the extent that we've hammered possibly the two other best teams in the East in three of our last four. Just ask Ackey and Dave, the Canes are no pushovers :wink:

Besides, any team that loses three games against the Ducks can't be that tough to beat...:lol:

:hooked:

:lol:

Not having that...last night didn't show the Wings were the real big boys left in tournament...whilst the Wings have made tough work of five of their last six games, we've gone from strength to strength...we're constantly improving the extent that we've hammered possibly the two other best teams in the East in three of our last four. Just ask Ackey and Dave, the Canes are no pushovers :wink:

Besides, any team that loses three games against the Ducks can't be that tough to beat...:lol:

Theres the problem though isnt it... saying you have beat the best two teams in the east to reach a final is like a mid-table Premiership side saying they have beat two Championship sides to reach the FA Cup final... and then Play Man Utd.

The West is different Gravy. :wink:

Indeed, I would suggest the top six Eastern sides this season were perhaps not as good as Detroit and San Jose, but were all better than Vancouver.

Yeah, but when you see that the top 6 sides in the East, arent even as good as the 8th best side in the west - you have to be saying is a poor half of the league...

Yeah, but when you see that the top 6 sides in the East, arent even as good as the 8th best side in the west - you have to be saying is a poor half of the league...

We both know even you don't think that!

Well I guess we'll never know since you ballsed up your shot at the Pens whoever becomes Eastern Champions :lol:

Three and a half minutes was it? Play til the horn boys, what would Coach Bombay say...

Well I guess we'll never know since you ballsed up your shot at the Pens whoever becomes Eastern Champions :lol:

Three and a half minutes was it? Play til the horn boys, what would Coach Bombay say...

:lol:

Yeah, bloody annoying... tell you what, we would have beaten those cursed 'wings at a good 'ol game of "Three Bar" ...

Should have set it up for the old last minute "Knuckle Puck" ....

We're losing it.. losing it big time... :disappointed: