NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another victory to Hiller and the best D in the league... with a little help from Teemu :)

Yeah, and a little help from the man in stripes! Great stuff from Hiller but you have to feel for the Wings there.

Yeah, and a little help from the man in stripes! Great stuff from Hiller but you have to feel for the Wings there.

:lol:

Whaddeever!

Didnt someone say recently that

you've got to take the close games against the Wings or it could cost you.

Well taking all the luck you can get is included in that! He lost sight of the puck! It was never a goal! :unsure:

If the Ducks make it to the final will the TV powers that be force them to play at a more reasonable hour?

S'pose so... they Caps fans have to be able to watch their team lose from over in Washington... it is the Capital after all... :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

That was a beatdown! You're still in it though.

I always thought we were going to get tanked in at least one game... just glad it happened to even the series up rather than break away... all about the next game...

Its been 3 very tight games (with one deserved victory to the ducks - and two game srespectively where really the losing team should have won) and then 1 game where the 'keeper let us down, but to be honest - with the heriocs Hiller has done so far you cant blame him... if there is another 3 tight games then I feel the Ducks will shade it, however cant afford another bad day at the office....

S'pose so... they Caps fans have to be able to watch their team lose from over in Washington... it is the Capital after all... :wink:

Touché.

Massive one tonight, hope Varlamov has a 'Hiller'...he can't stay hot forever...

Outstanding, just outstanding.

One negative, and what a surpise, it's bloody Ovechkin. Awful 'check' on Gonchar in the first which ruled him out of the rest of the game, and bearing in mind the next game is tomorrow (tonight), probably out of Game Five too. It was disgusting, and noone will say much about it, the Pens made a deal about it when it happened and I'm sure questions will be asked in the post-match interviews...but noone will have the balls to call out the Golden Boy (apart from maybe Don Cherry)...if it was Avery the media would have a field day. Even if Ovechkin is a better player than Sid, 87's at least conducts himself with respect on the ice.

Crazy having two games in two nights, especially in different cities, but both hopefully we can carry the momentum into tomorrow.

One negative, and what a surpise, it's bloody Ovechkin. Awful 'check' on Gonchar/Crazy having two games in two nights, especially in different cities, but both hopefully we can carry the momentum into tomorrow.

Awww Diddums for the 'ickle Pens - Grow some balls man! :wink:

Just watched the highlights, didnt show the check, but looked like another corker of a game... looked like you got the breaks so i wouldnt be too annoyed - Federov could have wrapped it up in the first (rattled the post and a great save from Fleury) - and Valramov did very much have a 'hiller' , my god that was a soft goal that pretty much turned the game.... great game of hockey though....

Quality playoffs so far... so tight in all the series' - well except for the newly mighty 'Canes... the Finnish connection going strong there, would love to see a 'Canes V Ducks final! :)

Awww Diddums for the 'ickle Pens - Grow some balls man! :wink:

Just watched the highlights, didnt show the check, but looked like another corker of a game... looked like you got the breaks so i wouldnt be too annoyed - Federov could have wrapped it up in the first (rattled the post and a great save from Fleury) - and Valramov did very much have a 'hiller' , my god that was a soft goal that pretty much turned the game.... great game of hockey though....

Quality playoffs so far... so tight in all the series' - well except for the newly mighty 'Canes... the Finnish connection going strong there, would love to see a 'Canes V Ducks final! :)

Gonchar injury

Still think he meant it, he moves back in to knock him over rather than go round him, it's a cynical move from a nasty piece of work.

It's annoying because Sergei is such a big part of the team...he's our best defenceman and so important in offence...and if Mike Green is starting to hit form we could do with one of our own! Interesting comment at the end of the 1st by the pundits...they reckoned without Gonchar the Pens would lose the series, maybe a bit OTT but it does show the importance of him to the side.

EDIT: Ovechkin interview

1. Speculates on whether the league will take disciplinary action on him...as if. The whole media machine has billed it as Ovey vs Sid...there's no way the NHL would ban him. One rule for one, another for the other etc...

2. It was never ever an attempted shoulder check.

3. For someone acting so concerned, if you watch the video he KNEW he'd gone knee-to-knee with Gonchar...yet he didn't even look back to see if he was OK, just skated away without checking, and when the ref calls the penalty he puts his arms out to gesticulate he hadn't done anything.

Dirty cheat. Never wish an injury on another player but I do hope and expect he comes in for a bruising tonight.

Edited by jsslatic

One negative, and what a surpise, it's bloody Ovechkin. Awful 'check' on Gonchar in the first which ruled him out of the rest of the game, and bearing in mind the next game is tomorrow (tonight), probably out of Game Five too. It was disgusting, and noone will say much about it, the Pens made a deal about it when it happened and I'm sure questions will be asked in the post-match interviews...but noone will have the balls to call out the Golden Boy (apart from maybe Don Cherry)...if it was Avery the media would have a field day. Even if Ovechkin is a better player than Sid, 87's at least conducts himself with respect on the ice.

Crazy having two games in two nights, especially in different cities, but both hopefully we can carry the momentum into tomorrow.

Tried to stay up watching it...got about half way through the second before nodding off, but it was a brilliant game from what I saw.

Ovechkin definitely knew what he was doing. How he only got a 2 minute minor is beyond me.

Turning out to be a great series.

Dirty cheat. Never wish an injury on another player but I do hope and expect he comes in for a bruising tonight.

If my player had pulled out of that hit in playoff hockey I'd have beat the piss out of him.

It is knee-to-knee but the hit was there and as the Pen player goes to move round him he follows through with the hit. If the Pen player follows the line he's on then Ovechkin just takes him clean. That's just "one of those things".

It sucks for the Pens to lose a key D but there's no way that's a dirty hit.

If my player had pulled out of that hit in playoff hockey I'd have beat the piss out of him.

It is knee-to-knee but the hit was there and as the Pen player goes to move round him he follows through with the hit. If the Pen player follows the line he's on then Ovechkin just takes him clean. That's just "one of those things".

It sucks for the Pens to lose a key D but there's no way that's a dirty hit.

But Gonchar didn't pull out of the hit...he touches the puck first with his stick going out across Ovechkin and he's trying to go round him the other way, in the hope the puck goes round boardside. He's not going for a hit...Ovechkin is, he sees Gonchar move, realises he won't make a proper connection but still moves back inside a little bit and takes him out knee-to-knee.

But Gonchar didn't pull out of the hit...he touches the puck first with his stick going out across Ovechkin and he's trying to go round him the other way, in the hope the puck goes round boardside. He's not going for a hit...Ovechkin is, he sees Gonchar move, realises he won't make a proper connection but still moves back inside a little bit and takes him out knee-to-knee.

Gonchar is moving over the goal line as Ovechkin comes in, he 'dekes' out to his left, Ov's right, as he plays the puck off the boards and goes to move up ice. Ovechkin is coming in and without the deke hits him clean. As Gonchar dekes out Ov' keeps moving in. Sure he could have tried to pull out but I wouldn't ask him to and I certainly wouldn't call it a dirty hit.

If you watch Ovechkins right leg it never moves. He doesn't move in for the hit, he just doesn't pull out. Don't forget they're both moving towards each other at 20+ mph. No way that's a dirty hit.

Gonchar is moving over the goal line as Ovechkin comes in, he 'dekes' out to his left, Ov's right, as he plays the puck off the boards and goes to move up ice. Ovechkin is coming in and without the deke hits him clean. As Gonchar dekes out Ov' keeps moving in. Sure he could have tried to pull out but I wouldn't ask him to and I certainly wouldn't call it a dirty hit.

If you watch Ovechkins right leg it never moves. He doesn't move in for the hit, he just doesn't pull out. Don't forget they're both moving towards each other at 20+ mph. No way that's a dirty hit.

Yes he does!

He clearly moves to the right as Gonchar moves out to his left after trying to prod the puck around him.

"You want instant retribution," Scuderi said. "You want a big hit, catch him with his head down, knock him out across the middle, something like that. But it doesn't do you any good. That's your first snap thought, but after a couple seconds you calm yourself down and you realize the best place to hurt them is on the scoreboard."

Ultimately that's true. And for all the debate on it, the worst way they'd hurt is if we come out of Washington tonight with a W. Still, wouldn't mind seeing him smashed about a few times...

Yes he does!

He clearly moves to the right as Gonchar moves out to his left after trying to prod the puck around him.

Nah.

Ultimately that's true. And for all the debate on it, the worst way they'd hurt is if we come out of Washington tonight with a W. Still, wouldn't mind seeing him smashed about a few times...

Ask Dave - he's unhittable. Git.

Nah.

Ask Dave - he's unhittable. Git.

Oh he is hittable! I'll upload the vid at some point!

What a game this has been. Before OT starts, id just like to say this has been amazing, and I couldn't care less who wins, its just a shame it has to end.