NHL

:lol:

Yeah, bloody annoying... tell you what, we would have beaten those cursed 'wings at a good 'ol game of "Three Bar" ...

Should have set it up for the old last minute "Knuckle Puck" ....

We're losing it.. losing it big time... :disappointed:

1, 2, 3....triple deke!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrin there! (or should that be Guerin there?)

Retained the Conference crown, now time for revenge.

Sweep the 'Canes....now that is pretty impressive.

Think last years experience will stand the Pens in good stead, hopefully they can go one better this year.

Outshot and outplayed them. We played superbly tonight but they, literally, got the bounces. Play like that for the rest of the series and we'll win the Cup, no doubt.

Wings get lucky bounces shocker!

A great hockey guru once told me that you have to take your chances against the wings... otherwise it will come back and bite you on the arse... shame if that happens to the Pens now... wouldnt it... :wink:

I can see the attraction with NHL, I just can't see the bloody puck half the time.....

Hockey I always think is like reverse Cricket with the TV/live... with Hockey, when you watch it live you can see the puck all the time, but sometimes needs a litle creative license on TV... with Cricket, fine on TV, then you watch it live and you havent a bggering clue where the ball is.....

They tried to improve it on TV a few years back by adding a "heat streak" - a sort of tail behind the puck, that changed colour the faster it moved... trust me, it was awful and pulled very very quickly....

Wings get lucky bounces shocker!

A great hockey guru once told me that you have to take your chances against the wings... otherwise it will come back and bite you on the arse... shame if that happens to the Pens now... wouldnt it... :wink:

Sounds like a very wise guy :lol:

Not sure that we didn't take our chances last night...that's what was unfortunate about the whole thing, we got no luck...you do have to take your chances against the Wings but we haven't really had ours yet, anything we did last night was through our own hard work and it was undone by those blasted pinball Joe Louis boards misfortune. We need to make the most of any luck we get, and hopefully that chance comes tonight. I'm sure that great hockey guru will be proved right...

Edited by jsslatic

Had that chance last night with Malkin, to put us 2-1 up, half chance, but as you said was through our own work, really need to win tonight!

Awww... Shame. :wink:

The wings grind it out yet again... it looks like they are on thier last legs, but are still winning hockey matches. You can rattle on about luck, hitting the post, missed chances... but boy do the Wings know how to grind out a win.

Can see the Pens unleashing a battering on the wings in atleast one game... but boy, they gotta be wondering what they need to do to beat that team....

Anyone fancy a Stanley Cup Game Seven? I would.

As it would be on the Friday me and Dave already have it planned out!! If you can make it to Oldham I sure you'd be welcome to join us getting trashed and watching it round Dave's.

We tend to play a couple of hours of xbox first and always need a right wing.

As it would be on the Friday me and Dave already have it planned out!! If you can make it to Oldham I sure you'd be welcome to join us getting trashed and watching it round Dave's.

We tend to play a couple of hours of xbox first and always need a right wing.

Sounds great but unfortunately I'm in Notts until the end of next week...in fact Friday is going to be a massive night here and I'm not sure how to play it if it goes to a seventh game...

Sounds great but unfortunately I'm in Notts until the end of next week...in fact Friday is going to be a massive night here and I'm not sure how to play it if it goes to a seventh game...

Sucks to be you! :lol:

And alas, after 105 games, it all comes down to tonight. It's been a fun season guys!

LET'S GO PENS

Sure has... got my interest back in NHL after a few seasons of apathy.. and that is all down to you lovely people... :wub::blush:

Speaking of which... Twitchy bum time Jss?

We get a piss up round Daves now, and I dislike the Pens slightly less than the Wings so I'm happy now.

I'm just the other way around... plus I can always claim the Ducks got beat by the best team in the League when the Wings win (but hey, we all knew really that they were the best team when they managed to somehow beat the mighty mighty Ducks :wink: )

Edited by BigfinLatic

Sure has... got my interest back in NHL after a few seasons of apathy.. and that is all down to you lovely people... :wub::blush:

It helped that Dave developed an interest, but this thread has helped me remain interested where normally I'd have a midseason dip and then wait until we make the playoffs to start giving a crap again!!

It also got me back into British hockey, which I think it's important to support.

Here's to a great game seven and a load of Redbull so I can make it to the end. If it goes to double OT I might lose my mind!!