Davies Watch

Put Stockport ahead after having an earlier goal disallowed.

Stockport fishul site concludes the match report (3-0 win at Crewe) with:

"The on loan striker, after receiving a standing ovation from the magnificent Blue & White Army then received a similar ovation from the Crewe fans in the Main Stand."

Good to see him finding the net. Shame it's not for Latics.

BBC 606:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A43975911

"WTF is Sheridan doing?

If Craig Davies isn't good enough for Oldham, you must have some squad."

Yup.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your talking like this is confirmed....

i think its done and dusted meself as well...

however stockport have a habit of not wanting to pay large amounts of money for players......so i feel if he is going it will be possibly a loan until the end of the season with them paying his wages then a nominal fee come june.

i think its done and dusted meself as well...

however stockport have a habit of not wanting to pay large amounts of money for players......so i feel if he is going it will be possibly a loan until the end of the season with them paying his wages then a nominal fee come june.

I sincerely want him to come back to us with a bit of confidence under his belt because on his day he's one hell of a player.

However, I don't think that will happen and if Stockport don't like paying decent fees, then they'll be out of the game for him.

I'm sure 87.5% of this division would want an on-form Craig Davies (the 12.5% are Latics, Leeds and Leicester).

unlike some of the 'Rhinus Michels'' we get at BP, I'm not suprised one bit that he's banging them in, if you can get Craig Davies on song you're laughing, I'd have him over Paul Warne anyday, unfortunatly I dont think he wants to play for a club where the fans dont apreciate him

unlike some of the 'Rhinus Michels'' we get at BP, I'm not suprised one bit that he's banging them in, if you can get Craig Davies on song you're laughing, I'd have him over Paul Warne anyday, unfortunatly I dont think he wants to play for a club where the fans dont apreciate him

but surely you would have to ask the question of why dont the fans appreciate him....

team player or out for himself???

trouble causer or just missunderstood???

lazy trainer or is arrogant enough to think he doesnt need to train as hard???

problem with authority or cant be controlled????

whatever the reason is you dont loan out your previous years top scorer without there being a serious problem between himself and the management team....

but surely you would have to ask the question of why dont the fans appreciate him....

team player or out for himself???

trouble causer or just missunderstood???

lazy trainer or is arrogant enough to think he doesnt need to train as hard???

problem with authority or cant be controlled????

whatever the reason is you dont loan out your previous years top scorer without there being a serious problem between himself and the management team....

to be perfectly honest I dont have the foggiest why the fans dont apreciate him, and I cant see any proof in the reason you have given, but there have been too many occasions when he has taken unessesary flack for the teams failings and some of the crap I've heard people shout at him I dont blame him if he doesnt want to play for the club I'll give you an example when playing last season against Gillingham he was coming back from an offside position and was offside when a ball was played forward and this huge groan bellows out because he didnt chase the ball down. One thing you are right about is that his move to Stockport has not come through Footballing reasons.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

You all seem to forget that Davies performances for us this season have not been good enough and he was a shadow of himself last season. Shocking first touch, lazy, didnt seem to care, and a stupid sending off. This is why he was dropped. From what ive seen of him he also has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Whether or not there is a problem between him and the management or owners he obviously couldnt wait to get out of boundary park.

I do think it was a mistake allowing him to play in the cup but seeing as we are out of that it doesnt matter.

Let him score goals and put himself in the shop window. As long as we get a decent fee for him i dont care. He also had to be taken off before he got sent off in the match before last. However, lets just concentrate on his positives eh...

Guest sheridans_world

I'm glad Davies is scoring goals, if he carries on the way he is, he'll come back to us and put some real pressure on Shez to include him in the match-day squad.

Dont forget, we will have him back on the third of Jan, he will then have the chance to play in a minimum of four games (Hartlepool, Hereford, Stockport (!) and Scunthorpe) before the window closes. Meaning we could have him back, if he still does nothing for us, we still have time to get rid.

Just on the transfer window, do we know when it closes in Jan. I notice that the 31st is a Saturday, would they really close it on a Saturday night!?

If the 'Temple' had not stopped a shot like that, he would be the subject of much criticism on here.

Crewe's keeper was at fault for Davies' and Pilkington's goals, awful keeping so ofcourse if our keeper conceded goals like that there would be criticism like there will be from Crewe fans, so dont really know what your getting at with that comment ? Pretty stupid and pointless post.

Pretty stupid and pointless post.

I was pointing out to Senor Coconut, in my own subtle way, that if we conceded a goal like that, rather than it being seen as a "good goal", some of our fans would see it as a keeper's error (as you have pointed out re the Crewe fans). So you have hit my nail on the head without actually realising it.

Still think our joint point was stupid and pointless?

Not wanting to play for the club? Not sure I agree with this, he looked very "up for it" when he came on as a sub at Hartlepool.

Good player at this level, but he is one of those players that has a tendancy to look at bit lazy / disinterested at times and therefore frustrates some fans. However the counter argument for such players is that they conserve their energy and don't chase down lost causes, instead saving their energy for good opportunities.

The Paul Warne reference above is a case in point - works ridiculously hard but has far less threat than Davies IMO. But most fans love Warne more than they'll ever love Craig.

I would hope that we'll either see Craig back at Latics OR a deal that is reasonable is achieved and we get another player in (Byfield?). But the feeling is that this will pan out with Craig off for very little/nothing in Januray. Its hard to explain the loan to be honest given the fact we have had Wolfy / Smalley playing up front since he has gone out.

You all seem to forget that Davies performances for us this season have not been good enough and he was a shadow of himself last season. Shocking first touch, lazy, didnt seem to care, and a stupid sending off. This is why he was dropped. From what ive seen of him he also has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Whether or not there is a problem between him and the management or owners he obviously couldnt wait to get out of boundary park.

I do think it was a mistake allowing him to play in the cup but seeing as we are out of that it doesnt matter.

Let him score goals and put himself in the shop window. As long as we get a decent fee for him i dont care. He also had to be taken off before he got sent off in the match before last. However, lets just concentrate on his positives eh...

I must have forgot all those chances he got with the first team. If only he could take a lesson from Lee Hughes as to how to behave on a football field.

Good goal as well, the sort of turn and movement that would make Hughes fans cream themselves.

Huge shame if we lose him because the manager can't handle him.

If he is such a model pro, what happened at Wolves, the Italian lot, Oxford......maybe Shez should seek some advice on looking after Davies from these places.

If he is such a model pro, what happened at Wolves, the Italian lot, Oxford......maybe Shez should seek some advice on looking after Davies from these places.

I got the impression Shez was gathering as many 'bad boys' as he could find, on the basis that he could convert them into great players like Cloughie did. Even Cloughie found he needed to get rid of the odd one, as occasionally his judgement proved to be flawed.