No subs praise!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already as i've not read through the "gumph", but at 1 down yesterday and not looking like scoring...Shez SUMMONED Lee and Lewis to strip...they were coming on. Lee must have thought "GET IN", as he's had terrible luck with injuries....no look in etc and he was about to get a good 25mins of action...woah hang on a minute.....Taylor "Bullets" a header in, Shez "siddown u 2 herberts, we're back in it. Some were then shouting (me incl) "get em on Shez, we've not looked like scoring, let's change it and win the game"...5 mins later...Hughesy pops up with a cracker......game over.

Possibly the most inspired "UN substitution" you are likely to see!!

Great result, game was ok really....they were lacking so much up front, we looked poor in midfield 1st half (allott and Maher in particular), however 1 down and they dug deep and those 2 dug deeper and were a big part of the win in the end. A Good spirit shown, which after the last few weeks negativity was good to see.

One bit that stands out, is 5 minutes to go and hughes chased the ball from their right back 50 yards acrosss to their left back to close the ball down and start from the front....

As for Hughes....carry on displaying this terrible attitude!! :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

Not sure if this has been mentioned already as i've not read through the "gumph", but at 1 down yesterday and not looking like scoring...Shez SUMMONED Lee and Lewis to strip...they were coming on. Lee must have thought "GET IN", as he's had terrible luck with injuries....no look in etc and he was about to get a good 25mins of action...woah hang on a minute.....Taylor "Bullets" a header in, Shez "siddown u 2 herberts, we're back in it. Some were then shouting (me incl) "get em on Shez, we've not looked like scoring, let's change it and win the game"...5 mins later...Hughesy pops up with a cracker......game over.

Possibly the most inspired "UN substitution" you are likely to see!!

Great result, game was ok really....they were lacking so much up front, we looked poor in midfield 1st half (allott and Maher in particular), however 1 down and they dug deep and those 2 dug deeper and were a big part of the win in the end. A Good spirit shown, which after the last few weeks negativity was good to see.

One bit that stands out, is 5 minutes to go and hughes chased the ball from their right back 50 yards acrosss to their left back to close the ball down and start from the front....

Great comment - shez knows when not to bring a sub or two on :grin:

The point was that Hughes did not display any of the faults for which he's been criticised (even the goal celebration criticised by some on here). Carry on like that Lee (with the goal celebration please) and you'll play enough games to get those 20 goals! :chubb:

Anyone else see Gregan warm up all game? Went straight off the pitch pre game without staying with the other four subs on the pitch, then during the game i didn't see him warm up at all, although obviously i wasn't looking at the subs warm up all game so easily could of missed him, just a bit strange and i get the feeling he ain't at all happy being on the bench, same with last Saturday when he came on, straight at full time just stormed straight down the tunnel.

I didn't see him all game either, and bit strange he wasn't with the other 4 subs mucking about in the goal in front of us at half time!!!!!! Hopefully he will get his 'off field' issues sorted soon and be back to his best soon.

The point was that Hughes did not display any of the faults for which he's been criticised (even the goal celebration criticised by some on here). Carry on like that Lee (with the goal celebration please) and you'll play enough games to get those 20 goals! :chubb:

What was the issue with his celebration?

Some people on here had a problem with the fact that he was celebrating when he scored a goal.

He is no Michael Flatley but it is a good dance and hardly offensive. I’m a big fan of the new goal dance.

I don’t know if you’re taking the proverbial or not here but if people do have an issue with his celebration I would like to know why?

I’m confused.

Hughes' dance is not new - it was his goal signature at WBA, but he didn't do it on Saturday.

I know he’s done it for years. I meant new goal dance in the sense that he has just got himself a new goal – The new goal dance.

The same way that we all do a dance when we get some new pants – the new pants dance.

I know he’s done it for years. I meant new goal dance in the sense that he has just got himself a new goal – The new goal dance.

The same way that we all do a dance when we get some new pants – the new pants dance.

Sorry, didn't know I should have been dancing each time I got new pants. You learn something NEW on here every day!

P.S. Has Hughes set himself a new goal to do his old dance every time he scores a new goal, except when playing at Roots Hall?