Jones, who gives a monkeys......

I think Eardley's more of a danger going forward. But Lomax is a lot cooler under pressure. Normally he doesn't waste the ball, and usually makes it to a blue shirt but last night his distribution was as poor as I've ever seen it. Then again, must have been hard for him due to the lack of movement in midfield.

Lomax's distribution (or passing as i like to call it) was awful last, and as someone said earlier, if it had been Eardley who played like Lomax last night, well; he'd have been crucified on sheepfoot lane.

Eardley gets absolutely ruined for far less than lomax did last night, Kelvin gets the benifit from most. Strange.

Lomax had a better last15 mins, where he put in a couple of blocks / interceptions but apart from that was our worst player out there. He should be on the bench for Brighton, irregardless of 'never changing a winning team' - that's his 4th or 5th poor prformance; and his PASSING has gone down hill fast. Eardley back to RB please Shez.

agreed. If Eardley had put in the show Lomax did last night he would have been hammered. Positionally he struggled and his passing was appauling. Don't get me wrong I think he his a solid league one full back, but I remain baffled by the contrast in reactions to him and Eardley.

According to latics world....kelvin was Shez's man of the match!

If that's seriously true, then me & our manager are watching completely different games - which is worrying.

i was watching the Walsall game where Chris Taylor was MoM by a mile & unfortunately Kelvin was ur worst performer, don't know what Shez was looking at!!!!!

Shez explains in the rarely wrong Chron:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...or-inform-lomax

Then i remain perplexed. Shez IS watching a different game to me then??

No way was Lomax MoM, far far from it. Shez has looked to heap a load of praise on him after a really below par performance; singling out his passing (WTF??) Lomax didn't find a blue shirt until 15 mins to go FFS!

I'm not Lomax bashing - not at all, he just had a bad night; to add to the other few bad games he's had recently.

What i posting is what the hell is Sheridan going on about??

Like Lags, i wonder what has gone on with Eardley, have we already accepted a bid for him; so shez is playing Lomax in there so we won't feel the loss? Has he been a naughty boy behind the sceens? or, has shez lost the plot??

Something has to have gone on, because for footballing reason; Eardley has to be the first choice RB on merit; with Kelvin as a very able back-up.

very strange all this.

Reading the posts on the Eardley/Lomax argument about who is better at RB, I would say it depends on your expectation of a full back. My personal opinion is that Eardley is a better attacking player but falls behind Lomax at defending and for me defending takes priority.

What are the chances of booking them both into the Highfield and getting one quality player out of the choice of body parts?

Then i remain perplexed. Shez IS watching a different game to me then??

No way was Lomax MoM, far far from it. Shez has looked to heap a load of praise on him after a really below par performance; singling out his passing (WTF??) Lomax didn't find a blue shirt until 15 mins to go FFS!

I'm not Lomax bashing - not at all, he just had a bad night; to add to the other few bad games he's had recently.

What i posting is what the hell is Sheridan going on about??

Like Lags, i wonder what has gone on with Eardley, have we already accepted a bid for him; so shez is playing Lomax in there so we won't feel the loss? Has he been a naughty boy behind the sceens? or, has shez lost the plot??

Something has to have gone on, because for footballing reason; Eardley has to be the first choice RB on merit; with Kelvin as a very able back-up.

very strange all this.

I mentioned this earlier today on another thread. Weird how Shez is waxing lyrical on Lomax when he's been solid at best, yet the Welsh international (who has been an ever present more or less, is warming the bench.

I had heard a rumour (and I'll stress it was no more than that) that we had accepted a bid, though I know not from whom (which club that is) or how much, but it would seem to fit.

Still, might all be bollocks for all I know.

I mentioned this earlier today on another thread. Weird how Shez is waxing lyrical on Lomax when he's been solid at best, yet the Welsh international (who has been an ever present more or less, is warming the bench.

I had heard a rumour (and I'll stress it was no more than that) that we had accepted a bid, though I know not from whom (which club that is) or how much, but it would seem to fit.

Still, might all be bollocks for all I know.

Swansea and it's 250k....

just made that up btw :D