Came from behind again showing spirit

Whittaker returned and looked well

O'Grady looked strong, confident and useful

Maher was solid and probably should have stayed on

Majority of players worked 100%

Substitutions made a difference

CON's

Jones showed why he's not a left back

Conceded two quick goals, first poor defending from corner then all round sloppiness for second

Liddell not in game anywhere near enough to merit his starting spot

Allott miscued too many passes and didn't control as much as usual

Crossley, at fault for first? Had to make a great save after spilling a simple claim

As a side note, first time i've seen byfield tronight so i'm not going to make any major decisions on him but he certainly needed some new boots tonight as he was on his backside more often than not and his touch needs to be closer. Makes some good runs and creates plenty of space. O'Grady looked the better striker.

Allott and Lomax had nightmares.

Crossley at fault - if you're going to come for it, you have to get it and he didn't.

When we kept it on the ground we scored goals. When we hoofed it we looked poor.

Work rate was good at times, although if we have a throw near our own corner flag a little movement helps the thrower chaps!

Taylor was magnificent and we have again won a game where we didn't play all that well.

I think that Maher is gash. Defensive and backward passer. He makes Allot play out of position.

Overall we were relatively poor tonight.. considering the squad we have they are very poorly coached.

Huh .. poorly coached? Maher gash?

I thought Maher was alot better than Allott tonight, was surprised (but wasnt) to see Maher come off for Whitts. He may have scored but he wasnt at the races really today MA.

Great result so i'll start with PRO's

PRO's

Hughesy looks like he's back in the goals

Jones showed why he's a cracking winger

CON's

Conceded two quick goals, first poor defending from corner then all round sloppiness for second

Crossley, at fault for first? Had to make a great save after spilling a simple claim

As a side note, first time i've seen byfield tronight so i'm not going to make any major decisions on him but he certainly needed some new boots tonight as he was on his backside more often than not and his touch needs to be closer. Makes some good runs and creates plenty of space. O'Grady looked the better striker.

I think actually that Lidds has had a hard week or so and at his age it has taken its toll. I mean, come on he had to come on early against Nothampton then again last Tuesday against Cheltenham, he played the full 90 on Saturday at Southend and then tonight I realised as the 4th official put the board up for injury time 9 (4 f :censored: g minutes wtf did that come from) that he was still playing. Quite clearly this is Shez's fault and I started screaming to the bench to get Lidds off. As everyone knows our regular sub this season is Smalley for Liddle on 75 minutes. It's not on Shez. In 1 breath you are preaching consistency and then you do this with grandad. Shez out.

Cheers,

Harry

Crossley at fault - if you're going to come for it, you have to get it and he didn't.

When we kept it on the ground we scored goals. When we hoofed it we looked poor.

Work rate was good at times, although if we have a throw near our own corner flag a little movement helps the thrower chaps!

Taylor was magnificent and we have again won a game where we didn't play all that well.

Agree with most of this. Felt a bit for Lomax, his defending was ok but he couldn't find a blue shirt with a pass all night. He needed one of the more experianced guys to go over and have a word to calm him down.

As much as Crossley is a legend, ive thought for a couple of months he's legs are not up to it any more, too slow and cant jump. Time to take a back seat and coach the younger lads and play as back up to Fleming

Huh .. poorly coached? Maher gash?

I thought Maher was alot better than Allott tonight, was surprised (but wasnt) to see Maher come off for Whitts. He may have scored but he wasnt at the races really today MA.

I thought Maher was decent tonight, Allott should be on the bench for a couple of games, time to give whitts and Maher a chance.

playing it on the ground we looked really good and worried them lots - CT , LH and COG all held ball well - Lidds position play was superb and I think he had a solid game. Why o why did we keep hoofing it up to that massive centre back they had ?? - Stam was ok but these days just seems to hoof it high and we turn possession over then. On the whole, good game, cracking result and make no mistake, Walsall were very useful - we could learn from their speed when intercepting or picking the ball up and cutting us up. Anyway, 3 more points and onwards and upwards - plus dirty leedscum gettin beat too ! Oh happy days .............

Great result so i'll start with PRO's

PRO's

Hughesy looks like he's back in the goals

Jones showed why he's a cracking winger

CON's

Good assessment agree with most of that.

BTW I'm reliably informed that Byfield had forgotten his boots and had to make do with a pair of old plimsoles he found lying around, thats the only explanation for him spending most of his time on his arse, unless some practical joker had cut the studs off his boots and left the soles as shiny as Hughes's head.

Que? Lomax was faultless - still footy is all about opinions innit.

Both the Walsall and our fans cheered when his boom boom boom with no one signing ended, sadly he started playing again. Can we not try one game with out the drum? Please????

Yeh why not?! Just realised we haven't yet tested the Rocky atmosphere without the drum(s) yet. I've argued for the drum in the past but it really did my head in last night, and i clearly wasn't alone! :lol:

The merit of it(them) can no longer be argued without an example of it(them) not being there.

And if we must have it, let's get rid of the second drum. If LDB the second is reading this.....get off the bandwagon mate.

Quite a few 'Die Die Ricketts' in the RRE tonight - some after the 1st, a lot more after the 2nd :mad:

And some guy shouting at Little Drummer Boy to 'shut the F***' up, when he was doing his boom-boom-boom thing (no-one singing) at 2-1 down.

I heard that, but did you hear the steward go over to him say you knew the drum was in here, dont like it sit elsewhere"

The prick soon shut it

just after the bloke shouted at LDB to shut up (rightly IMO), did everyone see the pissed up fella staggering his way up the aisle before HT, he fell into everyone on his way up - how do you get that drunk for an evening KO after work?? very funny moment!!

It's easy. You meet a bunch of people at 4pm in a real ale pub.

It's easy. You meet a bunch of people at 4pm in a real ale pub.

I must have been referring to someone else who told LDB to shut the f*** up as the pissed up fella staggering up the stairs did so after I heard him shout, and shut the **** up was not the phrase i heard him shout either

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I must have been referring to someone else who told LDB to shut the f*** up as the pissed up fella staggering up the stairs did so after I heard him shout, and shut the **** up was not the phrase i heard him shout either

Who was that bloke shouting "Carlton! Carlton!".

Reminded me of Graham Taylor from "An Impossible Job".

"Carlton! Carlton! Can we not knock it!".

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I heard that, but did you hear the steward go over to him say you knew the drum was in here, dont like it sit elsewhere"

The prick soon shut it :shock:

I must have heard him say something completely different like 'I'm sorry, I'll see what I can do'

As a point aside, should a Mod be using that sort of language?????

Edited by footy68