Budget at latics

On LW, Shez stated that we have the "fifth/sixth lowest budget in the league". It seemed to be a bit of a throwaway comment, but this can't be true can it? I thought TTA had gone on record that we had a top six budget last season, and we've added to the squad in the summer.

If this was true, it would certainly change my expectations for the season. Any thoughts?

On LW, Shez stated that we have the "fifth/sixth lowest budget in the league". It seemed to be a bit of a throwaway comment, but this can't be true can it? I thought TTA had gone on record that we had a top six budget last season, and we've added to the squad in the summer.

If this was true, it would certainly change my expectations for the season. Any thoughts?

yes, could be don't believe a word Shez (or any other Latic#s spokeperson) says to the Bison.

I've tried my best to support Lomax but last nightShez must have been watching a different game

KTF

That is true fifth lowest budget it said it in the four four two magazine.

I'm struggling with the 5th lowest statement.... However I wouldnt be surprised if we were firmly mid-table. With the amount of youngsters in our team I'm sure they are a lot cheaper than some of their older counterparts in other teams.

If it is true, then it shouldnt only chnage our expectations - but the stated expectations of the TTA, and especially Corney who repeatedly stated he has put abudget together to expect promotion.

3 POINTS... think thats all what matters really

lomax did ok just an average performance just like all the other players oh aprt from four

HUGHES TAYLOR JONES AND

RICKETTS :grin:

Whilst fifth, sixth lowest maybe pushing it a bit, Corney as also stated that this year they've been clever or smart in the wages dept and not paid anything like the silly money they have in the past. In fact he's mentioned this in more than one interview this season to the part of being rather bullish about it.

Regarding the gushing reference to Kelvin by Shez during his LW interview, I'll agree with the above poster Shez watched a different game. That's not knocking Kelvin into next week, it's just that Shez raved him up to have had a cracker and even praised his distribution......behave Shez if you want to be believed be consistant! Kelvin didn't shine like quite a few out there Tuesday night so just say he a had a solid game not mom stuff for gords sake.

Edited by Lags

I might have imagined it, but I think clubs are subject to salary capping as a percentage of the turnover. Wasn't it brought in to prevent clubs from accruing unmanageable debt? If I'm correct, then it's our poor attendances that affect turnover, which governs the budget.

Pretty sure the "salary cap" in our division is voluntary and therefore not binding in any way whatsoever (i.e. it's a bit of advice from the Football league). I think League 2 has a more binding one as Hartlepool had to lose players before being allowed to sign any when they got relegated, hence the sale of Adam Boyd at the end of the 2006 season.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Typical Latics this, we are told we have the 5th or 6th lowest budget in the league and yet we are not in the 5th or 6th lowest in terms of attendance, so either we have a crap commercial department that doesn't bring in any extra revenue or somewhere along the line we are not being told the truth.

It makes me wonder where the losses are being generated from if it's not from the playing staff?

Typical Latics this, we are told we have the 5th or 6th lowest budget in the league and yet we are not in the 5th or 6th lowest in terms of attendance, so either we have a crap commercial department that doesn't bring in any extra revenue or somewhere along the line we are not being told the truth.

It makes me wonder where the losses are being generated from if it's not from the playing staff?

Send an email to alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Or other teams are losing more money each week than we are?

Whilst fifth, sixth lowest maybe pushing it a bit, Corney as also stated that this year they've been clever or smart in the wages dept and not paid anything like the silly money they have in the past. In fact he's mentioned this in more than one interview this season to the part of being rather bullish about it.

Regarding the gushing reference to Kelvin by Shez during his LW interview, I'll agree with the above poster Shez watched a different game. That's not knocking Kelvin into next week, it's just that Shez raved him up to have had a cracker and even praised his distribution......behave Shez if you want to be believed be consistant! Kelvin didn't shine like quite a few out there Tuesday night so just say he a had a solid game not mom stuff for gords sake.

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that Shez is waxing lyrical about Lomax after what I'd consider to be a solid/average performance, when he's got Eardley sat on the bench who, whilst he has been off form, is a far better player than Lomax IMO? Very curious I'd say.

It'll be interesting to see if he's there at the BB Christmas party on Monday to field questions from the kids.

It does make one wonder whether the price ticket on his head has been matched.....................

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that Shez is waxing lyrical about Lomax after what I'd consider to be a solid/average performance, when he's got Eardley sat on the bench who, whilst he has been off form, is a far better player than Lomax IMO? Very curious I'd say.

It'll be interesting to see if he's there at the BB Christmas party on Monday to field questions from the kids.

It does make one wonder whether the price ticket on his head has been matched.....................

Don't know what the price tag on Eards was - but I'd happily sell Neil, play Lomax and keep Taylor.

Send an email to alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

I used to get a copy of the financial statement when I was a shareholder up until :censored::censored: ruining us and the new company being formed. It was clear to see all the losses were on player salaries. In the pre-pinch me years it was always a transfer fee's that saved us as Big Joe turned coal into diamonds on mopre than one occasion. In fact when Tommy Wright was sold to Leicester City for £350K we were saved from going to the wall that year, and suprising as it may seem good old Lees' brewery loans saved us too more than once.

I will try Mr. Hardy, but it doesn't seem to add up somehow that we have the 5th or 6th smallest budget, I would have said we were in the top 5 or 6 and this would explain why our financial sitiuation is as bad as it is.

Perhaps he meant to say we have the 5th or sixth smallest budgie? :getmecoat:

If you look at our team and at some of the best players, Eardley and Taylor are ex-youth players, Allot and Whittaker were from relegated clubs, Hughes not on much alledgedly and Hazel didn't have a club. This is rather than getting someone like KK and paying him a kings ransom. I can understand it really.