225 members have voted

1. 1. Your Vote

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if im wrong here. space shuttles reach space by hydrogen/ oxygen powered rockets, if you mix two parts hydrogen with one part oxygen you get water. therefore the waste product isnt a greenhouse gas?

And how do you split water into 2 parts hydrogen and one part oxygen in the first place? :unsure:

correct me if im wrong here. space shuttles reach space by hydrogen/ oxygen powered rockets, if you mix two parts hydrogen with one part oxygen you get water. therefore the waste product isnt a greenhouse gas?

Water vapour is the biggest in volume of all the greenhouse gases.

correct, i should have said harmful greenouse gas.

unless clouds are now to blame?

still, if co2 is the cause, then mass chopping down of trees is surely the anti-answer? or have we reached the realms of common sense here? the place leaders dare not tread

We don't...... we actually have David Bellamy's source the World Glacier Monitoring Service going on record saying "This is complete bull:censored:" and that is there line to this day... Or it is the last time I check about a year ago when I had the same discussion on a different site....

Claim and counter claim.... More like lies and more lies...

Also...futchers briefs...is a good example how some one will accept utter bollox if it conforms to what the want to believe....

I have no choice to accept utter testicles on this thread, as that is what continues to be spoken and please don't take this negatively, but you seem to be driving a lot of it - a green version i hope :wink:

I have no choice to accept utter testicles on this thread, as that is what continues to be spoken and please don't take this negatively, but you seem to be driving a lot of it - a green version i hope :wink:

Yeah god forbid you might do your own research and reach your own conclusions on a important issue :)

Dont try to cover up your own mistakes by having a pop at me :)

Water vapour is the biggest in volume of all the greenhouse gases.

whilst this is obviously true water vapour in the atmosphere is pretty constant, whereas CO2 in increasing.

Unfortunately for the tree huggers, there is no proof whatsoever that this increase is man-made. Sod it who needs proof? Let's just waste billions of pounds (globally) to stop global warming - in fact whilst we are at it, lets also build a switch that allows us to turn ice ages off and on!

Sea levels are rising.

Vast areas of inhabited land is going to be below sea level.

My ice cream won't last as long out in the sun.

But guess what? There's sod all we can do about it!

Please everyone, leave your lights on when you go out, fill the kettle right to the top, and take baths instead of showers - just to p**s the eco warriors off.

correct, i should have said harmful greenouse gas.

unless clouds are now to blame?

still, if co2 is the cause, then mass chopping down of trees is surely the anti-answer? or have we reached the realms of common sense here? the place leaders dare not tread

science for the insane methinks

yes clouds are to blame (partly)

We don't...... we actually have David Bellamy's source the World Glacier Monitoring Service going on record saying "This is complete bull:censored:" and that is there line to this day... Or it is the last time I check about a year ago when I had the same discussion on a different site....

Claim and counter claim.... More like lies and more lies...

Also...futchers briefs...is a good example how some one will accept utter bollox if it conforms to what the want to believe....

sorry what exactly is being argued here? Glaciers are retreating as per usual after an ice age, i cant be a##d reading back on this thread, but if anyone is arguing that the earth isnt getting warmer then please stop.

the actual issue is whether or not the increase in temperature is man-made or natural (an interesting philosophical point as man is a part of nature, so the effects of our industry are also a part of nature)

oafc0000 as you obviously believe so strongly in this, give me a link to evidence that proves global warming is man-made (you won't by the way, because it doesn't exist - which is why the best scientist distance themselves as far away as possible from your sacred reports)

I have a few questions for oafc0000

1) are you just playing a rather fun game of devil's advocate?

2) if not, do you accept that you a crazy fool :-)

Anyway

Vote NO!!

oafc0000 as you obviously believe so strongly in this, give me a link to evidence that proves global warming is man-made (you won't by the way, because it doesn't exist - which is why the best scientist distance themselves as far away as possible from your sacred reports)

I have a few questions for oafc0000

1) are you just playing a rather fun game of devil's advocate?

2) if not, do you accept that you a crazy fool :-)

Anyway

Vote NO!!

You asked for a link...here you go...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0219-01.htm

I find it scarily funny how some people cant see the link between the sudden rise in temperatures and the time we started to burn massive amounts of fossil fuels :) Oh well... IM the crazy fool :)

I leave you to your NO vote :)

Edited by oafc0000

You asked for a link...here you go...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0219-01.htm

I find it scarily funny how some people cant see the link between the sudden rise in temperatures and the time we started to burn massive amounts of fossil fuels :) Oh well... IM the crazy fool :)

I leave you to your NO vote :)

I'm not arguing against the research in the link but it is still only in their opinion that there this is the final proof. Good research lets the actual facts do the talking and not big headlines. I like the line about the researchers are mainly funded by the US government. Well this probably means that they applied for funding and they got it. Which is suprisingly how most research is done. It doesn't make the research particularly any better as for all we know the US government may have turned round and said that they think this research is bollocks. Also, it doesn't say that it's been published in any sort of peer reviewed journal which if it hasn't, it means that the research is not of a satisfactory quality.

Unfortunately for the tree huggers, there is no proof whatsoever that this increase is man-made. Sod it who needs proof? Let's just waste billions of pounds (globally) to stop global warming

Well that beats all. "Let's hide all that pesky science!"

This site is the best laid out and most comprehensive summary available online. It is updated and maintained by climate scientists, and is well documented with the real science behind this issue.

http://realclimate.org/

This is the IPCC site. The report put out by the IPCC represents the current scientific consensus in climate issues, especially climate change and man's contribution to it.

http://www.ipcc.ch/

The scientific consensus puts a very high probability (pretty f*****g sure) on the amount that humans have contributed to the current trend of warming. Let's put into perspective that Al Gore is alarmist, as are many others, but the fact that humans are contributing to climate change is established science.

I'm not arguing against the research in the link but it is still only in their opinion that there this is the final proof. Good research lets the actual facts do the talking and not big headlines. I like the line about the researchers are mainly funded by the US government. Well this probably means that they applied for funding and they got it. Which is suprisingly how most research is done. It doesn't make the research particularly any better as for all we know the US government may have turned round and said that they think this research is bollocks. Also, it doesn't say that it's been published in any sort of peer reviewed journal which if it hasn't, it means that the research is not of a satisfactory quality.

People like you will always dismiss and seek to discredit the research because it isnt what you want to hear. If there is anyone on this planet that dosent want it confirmed that we are causing global warming then it is the US government. The fact that research funding by then came back giving them the answer they didnt want speaks volumes.

I think its depressing that people like you dismiss this threat because it isnt us that is going to be affected by these issues. It really is our children. We are paying the price for the mistakes of the last generation, I dont want my kids to pay the price for our mistakes today.

This site is the best laid out and most comprehensive summary available online. It is updated and maintained by climate scientists, and is well documented with the real science behind this issue.

This is the IPCC site. The report put out by the IPCC represents the current scientific consensus in climate issues, especially climate change and man's contribution to it.

The scientific consensus puts a very high probability (pretty f*****g sure) on the amount that humans have contributed to the current trend of warming. Let's put into perspective that Al Gore is alarmist, as are many others, but the fact that humans are contributing to climate change is established science.

Good post....

People like you will always dismiss and seek to discredit the research because it isnt what you want to hear. If there is anyone on this planet that dosent want it confirmed that we are causing global warming then it is the US government. The fact that research funding by then came back giving them the answer they didnt want speaks volumes.

I think its depressing that people like you dismiss this threat because it isnt us that is going to be affected by these issues. It really is our children. We are paying the price for the mistakes of the last generation, I dont want my kids to pay the price for our mistakes today.

No I work for a Uni and I know how Research works. If something hasn't been published in a peer reviewed journal then it means nothing. In all fairness you are quick to accuse me when you know nothing about me and I have never dismissed any threat.I just don't like research being held out as the be all and end all when it doesn't even seem to meet the required standards set by the scientific community (not the US government).

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Good links

No I work for a Uni and I know how Research works.

I will be blunt with you as many are being blunt with me. Working for a Uni means nothings. Thats a million miles away from being a scientist. I have a degree and I am going to start to study for a PHD soon. So what's your point ?

If something hasn't been published in a peer reviewed journal than it means nothing.

There is tons and tons of evidence of man's contribution to climate change which has been peered reviewed and accepted by MILLIONS of scientist WORLD WIDE. I put it in caps to try and get it into that skull of yours.

In all fairness you are quick to accuse me when you know nothing about me and I have never dismissed any threat.I just don't like research being held out as the be all and end all when it doesn't even seem to meet the required standards set by the scientific community (not the US government).

What research dosent meet the required standards set by the scientific community!! The VAST majority of the scientific community believe current climate change is mostly a man made issue.

I will hold my hands up, I'm lazy and haven't been reading all this thread, have just read the last 2 pages.

Global warming is a natural occurrence, the earth goes through ice ages and then warm phases. It's happened ever since the earth was here and has been proven in ice core and soil sample analysis. Climate change is man made. Climate change is causing global warming to happen at a faster rate than it would do naturally. You could go round and round in circles on this issue. Higher world temperatures equals more moisture in the atmosphere equals more clouds. This should then mean more sunlight is reflected, hence lowering the temperature. Or, you could say more clouds keep warm air closer to the continents and increase the temperature. More heat, more ice and snow melting, higher temps. But then more clouds. Scientists have tried for decades to come up with some type of model to show how climate change and global warming will effect the earth, but noone knows 100%. There are too many variables.

However, can you honestly say that the con charge is being brought in to reduce climate change? NO! It's so they can get more money off people. If they were that bothered about climate change then they would have put money aside to invest in public transport without having to take out a huge loan and making people pay an extra tax. Councils have had to sign up to reduce carbon emissions, as forced by government. And they aren't doing very well.

I voted no, and I'm all for the environment.