Shez: Davies stays with us

The reliable Advertiser says:

LATICS boss John Sheridan has played down any talk that striker Craig Davies is heading for the Boundary Park exit door next month.

Re Leeds apparently eyeing up a £300,000 deal for Davies, Shez claimed that was the first he knew of any such deal and expected Davies to return to Boundary Park once his loan at Edgeley Park had been completed on January 3.

He said: "I can imagine people being interested in him because he's a good player. He can play at a higher level if he believes in himself.

"I like him as a lad but I felt it was time for him to go out and be aware of what's going on. He's not in a comfort zone and hopefully he'll come back to Oldham better and stronger.

"I felt he needed a break and the chance to play football. He's got a future here, I'm not trying to get rid of anyone at this moment in time.

"He wasn't getting a game here, so instead of sitting around, there was an opportunity for him to go out and get football.

"He needs to do a lot of growing up but he's a decent player on his day and he's doing OK at Stockport. He'll be coming back here before he goes to Leeds, don't worry about that!"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GET IN THERE! if this is true im chuffed to bits, although i believe that the added problem of being lee hughes' replacement will lead to further problems raining down on him from the stands in the form of short sighted abuse. i fully expect to hear something along the lines of '£300k for this pile of wang and we got £400k for hughes? what a joke, if i knew that i would have paid the £100k difference' very soon

I like him as a lad

Great news he's coming back and perhaps all this talk of him being a massive disruption behind the scenes is nonsense. Davies, Hughes, Lewis and O'Grady great.

An on form Davies is a starting XI player for most teams, if his form dips then he knows what will happen.

And perhaps not?

Growing up to me would mean being late for training not the 'story' that he punched one of his team mates.

If a loan at Bury can make O'Grady look twice the player then I'm looking forward to having an in form Davies back and some much needed pace in the team.

Edited by ritchie82

definatley not id say, based on hearsay obviously

.... to some, fact to others. If there is not a complete change away with him when he returns he'll be out of the door at the right price.

If you know the seller wants to sell a player then your in a good position to barter for a cheaper price. When you believe someone is not willing to sell and really wants to keep a player ..... you have to pay a higher price.

.... to some, fact to others. If there is not a complete change away with him when he returns he'll be out of the door at the right price.

If you know the seller wants to sell a player then your in a good position to barter for a cheaper price. When you believe someone is not willing to sell and really wants to keep a player ..... you have to pay a higher price.

aye, sadly for us this means hughes/ taylor/ davies still quite high chance of leaving. BUT DOES NOT MEAN kaka or messi would ever join man city, but its funny watching them think it out loud!!!

Here's the rarely wrong Chron's version:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...athletic-future

Shez: “He has a future here and I am not trying to get rid of anyone. I know what he can do as last season he scored 14 goals for us. I know he can play, but he has a lot of growing up to do and has to be aware of his responsibilities.”