Questions

Thanks for all the questions you have posed. I have now finished the replies and sent them to the managers of OWTB. I am sure they will get them published on the site asap.

Good luck for tomorrow. Lets hope for a good win against a side who will not be easy to beat.

Regards

Barry

Thanks for all the questions you have posed. I have now finished the replies and sent them to the managers of OWTB. I am sure they will get them published on the site asap.

Good luck for tomorrow. Lets hope for a good win against a side who will not be easy to beat.

Regards

Barry

Hopefully before they delete them or merge them.

Regards

Barry

Barry,

Why have you sent the replies to Shez? :grin:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. But I still don't understand why you sent them to Maddog. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

I understand there was talk of the Trust sponsoring the Fans team to some degree, I wondered if Barry was supportive of this - it being a way to build bridges between the supporters of the different clubs.

The question of some level of Sponsorship was mentioned, although the requested was welcomed, The Trust unfortunatley does not have enough money to pay for materials or cover costs for things that are not covered within the remitt of the Trust.

If the trust was to sponsor a fans project like the Owtb team, it would only be fair to help out other fans projects at a later time.

The trust and its empowerment is there to benefit the club in times of need. The idea of fans building a bridge with other clubs is something the Trust does indirectly and appriciates the efforts made by the team to help the building process continue.

The money the Trust raises by memberships and activities is used to benefit the club directly, an example being the Tractor purchased in the Summer.

If the Trust had a larger membership base we would be able to help other projects linked with the club has our revenue stream would be larger

Wardle - This would all be much easier to follow had the original questions be included in the post as well as the answers. On a couple of points, I cannot tell what the beedin' questions are to prompt Barry's answers. Any chance you can do an edit and include the questions too?

Wardle - This would all be much easier to follow had the original questions be included in the post as well as the answers. On a couple of points, I cannot tell what the beedin' questions are to prompt Barry's answers. Any chance you can do an edit and include the questions too?

Ive added the answers now to Ask Barry Post and that Post is now re-open

The question of some level of Sponsorship was mentioned

Thanks for your response Rick. I must say though that I thought it was Ask Barry, not ask OWTB. I was especially keen to hear Barry's personal thoughts on the matter, as I am aware that various Trust Directors may have had personal feelings on the subject of the fans' team, and also that Barry and the Trust in general have come in for criticism from me personally in the past, and also that another person connected with the team has previously raised serious matters of personal conduct related to a senior Trust official. I entirely understand that the Trust has limited resources and would have looked on anything that they could do for the fans' team as a bonus, I would simply like reassurance that the decision was made on merit rather than on personal point-scoring regarding what is an excellent grass-roots project which delivers week in week out benefits for the Oldham fans community and is always seeking to attract new members. I am somewhat bewildered to read that the Supporters Trust isn't willing to support supporters or get involved in their initiatives. Perhaps this might go some way to explaining why membership is low and there is a feeling of complete disconnect between Trust and Fan?

Are you trying to suggest we, perhaps, should have merged the threads!? God forbid!!! :wink:

Thanks for your response Rick. I must say though that I thought it was Ask Barry, not ask OWTB. I was especially keen to hear Barry's personal thoughts on the matter, as I am aware that various Trust Directors may have had personal feelings on the subject of the fans' team, and also that Barry and the Trust in general have come in for criticism from me personally in the past, and also that another person connected with the team has previously raised serious matters of personal conduct related to a senior Trust official. I entirely understand that the Trust has limited resources and would have looked on anything that they could do for the fans' team as a bonus, I would simply like reassurance that the decision was made on merit rather than on personal point-scoring regarding what is an excellent grass-roots project which delivers week in week out benefits for the Oldham fans community and is always seeking to attract new members. I am somewhat bewildered to read that the Supporters Trust isn't willing to support supporters or get involved in their initiatives. Perhaps this might go some way to explaining why membership is low and there is a feeling of complete disconnect between Trust and Fan?

Andy

I replied to your post so you didnt think the "Trust" which I'm a member and Director NOT a Admin of Owtb of ignored your request.

We did discuss the request, its merits and associated problems for the future and has I was at the meeting I thought it was only fair to give you the thoughts of the request.

If you are to re-read my explaination, I would have thought that the merits of the request was shown to be truly considered.

Also in the answers that Barry gives in the other thread it explains why the trust cant support Fans projects when the aim of the Trust is to support the CLUB.

Trust Oldham

All monies raised through the Trust are for the benefit of the club and cannot be used to subsidise individual causes.

The Trust does not usurp the activities of the Supporters Association and as Trustee we look at the interests of the club overall. If you were to ask me what Trustees did in any organization you might not find a simple answer.

You have my number if you want to discuss this anymore or have any futher questions.