another opportunity lost...

Once Leeds recall Kandol Millwall will fall down the table, Leeds will get in the top 6 and then I think that's the final top 6 maybe minus ourselves. I also think we're gonna go on a bad run after we lose to Peterboro', I don't know what it is, it's a bad feeling, let's be honest our defence hasn't been great for weeks.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never even mentioned the 1973/74 side.

You seem to be so obsessed with winning the argument that you begin to imagine things, or read into other posters statements whatever you want. (You are not alone in this.)

I just want us to get to an automatic promotion place and stay there. Latics sides in the past have managed it; why not this one?

That's what you wrote? Isn't it?

So I used the last two promotions to illustrate. Seems reasonable to me.

Oh and adieu, again!

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest oa_exile
it didn't look so good 21 games in 35 years ago, they weren't managing to stay in that automatic promotion place! As this 'ere linky will show, tsk damn stats eh. 01/01/1974

We even tried to make it more "interesting" as well by drawing 2 and losing 2 of our last four games ^_^

Oh good Lord. :ohno:

Quite FMS. I thought my explanation had a touch of logic to it, ho hum.

When I were a lad at school we used to do "reading and comprehension" as part of "English". I'll confess I were never much cop at it, it would appear that the Corps old school didn't even introduce the lesson.

Edited by StipeTripe

In the Advertiser Shez says:

"Saturday is a good game against one of the teams next to us. It’ll be a very hard game, so we have to go there and be ready for a tough match. We’re in the top six, we’re in a decent position and we can’t grumble too much. I’m pleased with where we are, almost at the halfway stage, but we have to push on. It’s about winning football matches and if you do that, it puts you in a decent position."

Quite FMS. I thought my explanation had a touch of logic to it, ho hum.

When I were a lad at school we used to do "reading and comprehension" as part of "English". I'll confess I were never much cop at it, it would appear that the Corps old school didn't even introduce the lesson.

There is nothing remotely 'logical' about claiming that what other clubs might have done in this or that season has some kind of bearing on what Latics will do this season. After our failure to challenge last season some people were pointing to how Blackpool came out of nowhere to win the play-offs. And?

Clutching at straws is what it's called. Or looking for excuses...

Clutching at straws is what it's called.

Well you got that right.

So anyway do you agree that the team of 73/74 grabbed an automatic promotion place and held on to it or not, you know like what you said, sorry implied?

After all I agreed about the team of 90/91 doing it, unless we go back to the 50's and 60's or the early 1900's which other Latics promotion team could you mean?

Its not a biggie, its not rocket science, a yes or no will do.