Sheridan to Leeds?

"Only Sheridan, of that bunch. Whether he's up to managing a club like Leeds compared to the low expectations around Oldham is another matter"

They obviously don't read this board lol :lol: If we don't win 5-0 every week it's Shez out!

"Could anyone explain what Sheridan has done as a manager that's worthy of such praise?

Well he's got a team to be there or there abouts whilst he's been in charge that's plays mostly decent football on a budget about 1/3rd the size of Leeds'

He's a decent enough manager, but there are far better ones out there. McAllister is proving that sentiment counts for nothing. "

It is crazy this former player stuff; Taggert never played for Utd, Scolari never played for Chelsea, Wenger never played for Arsenal and Benitez never played for Liverpool, and I reckon they are all doing a good job. In fact you could argue that it's better to have someone with no previous connections to be your manager.

"2nd Choice: John Sheridan- Doing a fantastic job at Oldham, tatically aware and think he would do wonders with the squad he would have available here. Oldham only have 16 fit players at the minute yet still pick up points against good teams"

Yeah maybe only 16 fit, but there's a fair few being fit at other clubs!!

"Sheridan for me. Has the "pedigree" with the fans that is allowing Macca to balls up this season for us with only slight grumblings of complaint, BUT has proved that while he can't get Oldham out of this :censored: hole, he's done well to get them there or thereabouts.

He has but there or there abouts is clearly not good enough for the 'massive' Leeds Utd.

Who knows? With a decent team and some backing, he might just do it"

He has a decent team at BP that might just get promoted!

"I have my doubts about Sheridan as he has no experience of getting a team promoted"

Very true, that is until he takes us up!

I think it wouldn't be a wise move for Shez at this moment as a promotion with Oldham this year will probably help set up his future managerial career. A move to Leeds would bring a LOT of pressure and if he didn't do the business as fast as Leeds think they should, then he'd be back to square 1 with a dint in his name as a manager.

My thoughts exactly

I wouldn't be surprised if the Leeds manager was on x4 what Sheridan is on now. And whilst there is no guarantee of success and job security at Leeds, does he have that here?

I don't think they would appoint him, purely because he isn't a big enough name to please their egos. If they did it would be a dramatic outbreak of common sense and humility, which as Takemeanywhere points out, isn't all that likely to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Leeds manager was on x4 what Sheridan is on now. And whilst there is no guarantee of success and job security at Leeds, does he have that here?

I don't think they would appoint him, purely because he isn't a big enough name to please their egos. If they did it would be a dramatic outbreak of common sense and humility, which as Takemeanywhere points out, isn't all that likely to happen.

I would say they would go for poyet, good mates with master bates, available, and by all accounts in their good run last year, it was poyet pulling the strings rather than wise

There was this on a Sheridan to Leeds facebook group I saw earlier. This must have been the last time they looked for a new manager.

at 23:30 on 28 January 2008

shezza is my mate, honestly! and hes been in talks with leeds today, but i can honestly say that i dont think he would take the job. when leeds last played oldham, his son was suppose to have a run out on the pitch with the lads shez had organised this prior, when he got there they said he couldnt go on cos bates had said so! and then they wouldnt let his wife into the executive box area till3pm, so she had to stand outside for 2 hours waiting, shez told me that he had fell out with the club cos bates had ruined it! even wise said to shez that bates had f-cked the club, and that his hands were tied as to let his son on the pitch, so thats why he probably f-cked off! every time ive seen or heard shez he always says that hes fell out with the club! but hey! money talks! so you never know!! and his favourite saying when hes drunk is"someone chuck us a ball!"