Not much changes, does it?

Up until this season, I've been a season-ticket holder in the Chaddy End but today was my first match of the season. I have listened to several match commentaries on Tics World but this was the first time I had seen the lads in the flesh and, I must say, not much seems to have changed........

• Tics still seem to struggle to break-down a defensively-minded opposition at BP.
  • BP remains a pretty atmosphere-less stadium, probably even worse with the demise of the Lookers and the fragmentation of the few singers out of the Chaddy End (some have clearly moved to the Roccy Road End)
  • The Chaddy is still riddled with moaning bastards.
  • Chris Taylor still can't cross a ball and lacks a regular end product.
  • Eards is still a good defender but his passing is, ahem, somewhat erratic.
  • Hughesy is still getting booed by the oppo fans and seems to relish it.
  • The pies are still :censored:e & overpriced.
  • We still miss Wellens.
  • I still love going to BP!

I really thought we should have won today but struggled to break-down Carlisle's defensive tactics. We had lots of the ball but didn't really create enough good chances (lots of half-chances) and the delivery of crosses into the box (from both sides) was piss-poor.

It's gonna be interesting to see if was can maintain our position in the play-off places, but here's hoping that we do.

Up until this season, I've been a season-ticket holder in the Chaddy End but today was my first match of the season. I have listened to several match commentaries on Tics World but this was the first time I had seen the lads in the flesh and, I must say, not much seems to have changed........

• Tics still seem to struggle to break-down a defensively-minded opposition at BP.
  • BP remains a pretty atmosphere-less stadium, probably even worse with the demise of the Lookers and the fragmentation of the few singers out of the Chaddy End (some have clearly moved to the Roccy Road End)
  • We still miss Wellens.

I really thought we should have won today but struggled to break-down Carlisle's defensive tactics. We had lots of the ball but didn't really create enough good chances (lots of half-chances) and the delivery of crosses into the box (from both sides) was piss-poor.

It's gonna be interesting to see if was can maintain our position in the play-off places, but here's hoping that we do.

Careful what you say on here mate.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you that Eardley is gash.

Cheers,

Harry

p.s. your right though, nothing changes thank god. You could be watching the greedy league instead though.

• We still miss Wellens.

I will agree with everything with the exception of the bit about Chris Taylor.

Now this isn't an I'm a bigger better fan than you dig its an observation on a player, but if you had seen his preformances over the course of the season you will have seen an improvement in his game overall however today and at Crewe he was a little flat compared to what he has been.

Today was a little frustrating but not as bad as Orient and Brighton who we really should have put to the sword. Nevermind a form side away form home saturday so that should see us on our game if this season is anything to go by.

jim gannon, young hungry players who put the work in - but we have the players at the club to do well, just not the manager who knows who to use and where to play them....

Jim Gannon,

Please explain why he would be any better than what we already have. I was seriously tempted to reply with a line of :laught16: but have resisted.

Firstly we are not currently in the market for a new manager and whilst we are in with a sniff of promotion, we won't be.

Secondly, if we were in the market, TTA would be looking for something a little different to JG. he may have got Stockport up from League 4 last season, but please tell us what would be on his cv to make you appoint him.

Cheers,

Harry

It can be unbeaten in 8 or one win in five,depends on which way you look at it,but the recent run of gash home performances will only result in a bigger fall in home attendances.

Performances of last 4 at home have not been great - performances of last 4 away have! hence us still being in a play-off position, We've lost 1 at home this season in the league haven't we - not 5!!

Performances of last 4 at home have not been great - performances of last 4 away have! hence us still being in a play-off position, We've lost 1 at home this season in the league haven't we - not 5!!

Unfortunately performances away don't make any difference to the attendances we get at home.

It's not much use winning 3-0 at Crewe if you can't beat the likes of Yeovil,Brighton,Leyton Orient and Carlisle at home.

Erm we won't go up if we can't beat the likes of the teams mentioned at home.

Erm, so why did your original post suggest gash home performances won't get us promoted, rather than relating it to a fall in attendances? :unsure:

Either way, dropped points yes, but we've not looked like losing in any of those games, despite not being fluent and again, we've only lost 1 at home!! I think i could be right in saying, we have had much worse seasons at home!!

I think that that is a pretty good summation of the position we are in. Shez is not a good manager. The players play and have little direction. I wish we had any other manger in the league in charge.

Oh, shut up, we're 5th from top, and guarenteed to be in the top 6 untill 9th Jan for Christ's sake, not 2nd from bottom, 9 points from safety!

Jebus, go watch Liverpool or Man United if you want flawless football, you're watching it in the 3rd tier!

Oh, shut up, we're 5th from top, and guarenteed to be in the top 6 untill 9th Jan for Christ's sake, not 2nd from bottom, 9 points from safety!

Jebus, go watch Liverpool or Man United if you want flawless football, you're watching it in the 3rd tier!

And that's what's wrong with this :censored: website!

I will agree with everything with the exception of the bit about Chris Taylor.

Now this isn't an I'm a bigger better fan than you dig its an observation on a player, but if you had seen his preformances over the course of the season you will have seen an improvement in his game overall however today and at Crewe he was a little flat compared to what he has been.

Today was a little frustrating but not as bad as Orient and Brighton who we really should have put to the sword. Nevermind a form side away form home saturday so that should see us on our game if this season is anything to go by.

I hope you're right about Taylor, although today he looked like the same player who disappointed me on a fairly consistent basis over recent seasons. His workrate is still pretty good, albeit he disappeared in the 2nd half today, but his end-proeduct remained a huge disappointment today.

It can be unbeaten in 8 or one win in five,depends on which way you look at it,but the recent run of gash home performances will only result in a bigger fall in home attendances.

.......and precisely why I didn't renew my ST this season. Last season's home performances were largely dreadful and today was, unfortunately, oh-so reminiscent of last season for me. Hopefully our away form will continue to be good and keep us in the play-off places.

Jim Gannon.

Please explain why he would be any better than what we already have.

If we became a low budget club totally reliant on the youth system to generate results, you'd look at Dario Gradi or Jim Gannon first. Gannon would be cheaper. If you'd asked the question on Christmas Day the league table could also be drawn in to the equation. Oh, and his brand of football now means Stockport are better supported than Oldham. Possibly for the first time in my 40 year lifetime.

Firstly we are not currently in the market for a new manager and whilst we are in with a sniff of promotion, we won't be.

Spot on. Now is NOT the time for change. Now is the time to start winning the occaisonal home game though.

Secondly, if we were in the market, TTA would be looking for something a little different to JG. he may have got Stockport up from League 4 last season, but please tell us what would be on his cv to make you appoint him.

The only benefit on Gannon's CV would be a formula around WAGE BILL v POINTS WON where he is very possibly the number one manager in England. It is only 2 and a half years since County were a goal away from relegation to the Conference so he has performed some significant miracle there.

I think Stockport will drop away over the coming weeks and anticipate loss of loan players and the sale of a couple of their top players too. But I think TTA could do worse than keep an eye on what Gannon continues to achieve at Edgeley Park. I don't think he will be County manager come August.

"If we became a low budget club totally reliant on the youth system to generate results..."

If we're going down that route and the TTA have alluded to this for next season if we're still in this league, I can think of no-one better than TP, i'd beg him to the take the job....

"If we became a low budget club totally reliant on the youth system to generate results..."

If we're going down that route and the TTA have alluded to this for next season if we're still in this league, I can think of no-one better than TP, i'd beg him to the take the job....

Decent call.