Good performance

Played well tonight, god knows how we were a little nervous for the last 10 mins after kelvins OG...il be honest i didnt see it so don't know what really happened. But we were rarely threatened and looked more dangerous than we have done in recent weeks. Smalley was lively and offered us some down the right hand side...Davies looked good again when he came on and was unluck not to score....Windass showed some intelligent play and looks like he could create a few opportunities he likes to sit a little deeper like an AMC and knock the ball through to Hughes or Davies. A solid performance and unlucky to concede a goal... Hartlepool were poor bar their left winger who i thought caused Eardley a few problems and looked like their only danger...

Played well tonight, god knows how we were a little nervous for the last 10 mins after kelvins OG...il be honest i didnt see it so don't know what really happened. But we were rarely threatened and looked more dangerous than we have done in recent weeks. Smalley was lively and offered us some down the right hand side...Davies looked good again when he came on and was unluck not to score....Windass showed some intelligent play and looks like he could create a few opportunities he likes to sit a little deeper like an AMC and knock the ball through to Hughes or Davies. A solid performance and unlucky to concede a goal... Hartlepool were poor bar their left winger who i thought caused Eardley a few problems and looked like their only danger...

Good to hear.Most of us listening to the commentary thought it sounded dour., and we struglled, and could not fisnish them off.

I am raidly coming to the conclusion that is Roys fault. Mike Leyland is a pretty good commentator though.

Good to hear.Most of us listening to the commentary thought it sounded dour., and we struglled, and could not fisnish them off.

I am raidly coming to the conclusion that is Roys fault. Mike Leyland is a pretty good commentator though.

the most entertaining match for a long while i thought.

played some great stuff at times.

if we keep creating this amount of chances we'll spank someone sometime soon and should be thereabouts come the end of the season.

the most entertaining match for a long while i thought.

played some great stuff at times.

if we keep creating this amount of chances we'll spank someone sometime soon and should be thereabouts come the end of the season.

first 45 mins was fantastic,best game in a long long time..we played it on the floor in and around them and at times they looked like they had concrete in there boots...our movement on and off the ball was fantastic,lots of options.....

smalley on the wing was a breath of fresh air...a bit of pace and it worried them...

the strike pairing of windass n hughes was great to watch...hughes is class,windass was better...great awarness,no panic and simple layoffs and through passes....some really clever one touch stuff and was very unlucky not to score,think he hit the bar twice...

the game should have been dead and buried for half time,but it wasnt...and again the second half was less than impressive,again reverting to lumping it up in the air rather than pass it about,once we scored an own goal they ran at us and gave eardley a torrid time,they focused on him as the weak link and it nearly worked...

all in all a good win and 3 vital points....windass n hughes up front and i reckon were on for auto.

first 45 mins was fantastic,best game in a long long time..we played it on the floor in and around them and at times they looked like they had concrete in there boots...our movement on and off the ball was fantastic,lots of options.....

smalley on the wing was a breath of fresh air...a bit of pace and it worried them...

the strike pairing of windass n hughes was great to watch...hughes is class,windass was better...great awarness,no panic and simple layoffs and through passes....some really clever one touch stuff and was very unlucky not to score,think he hit the bar twice...

the game should have been dead and buried for half time,but it wasnt...and again the second half was less than impressive,again reverting to lumping it up in the air rather than pass it about,once we scored an own goal they ran at us and gave eardley a torrid time,they focused on him as the weak link and it nearly worked...

all in all a good win and 3 vital points....windass n hughes up front and i reckon were on for auto.

Reckon the TTA and Shez think the same.

Well - I didn't hear one single comment after the match in the Main Stand bar that was anything but it was yet again a poor match and we are dead lucky to be 3rd.

It's not me honest.....

Hartlepool didn't really have one chance and yet we clung on to win.....no wonder the crowds are so poor.

Well - I didn't hear one single comment after the match in the Main Stand bar that was anything but it was yet again a poor match and we are dead lucky to be 3rd.

It's not me honest.....

Hartlepool didn't really have one chance and yet we clung on to win.....no wonder the crowds are so poor.

whats your problem ?

it is 3 more points than we had before the game. your not going to get a 5 star match every week you know.

It's not me honest.....

It really wasn't poor. We created chances, played a lot of good stuff, made some errors, scored a couple and won the game. It's the opposition that come to make a game poor at BP not the latics. They hardly had a chance kinda backs that up. It's hard to play great football when you have 11 men against you, closing the ball down at every opportunity.

Did you see Wigan - Tottenham on the telly yesterday? Now that was poor!

It's not me honest.....

Hi Alec - it is you mate - your expectations are way too high methinks - if you sit where I do in the main stand then you would have heard a far more balanced view of the game I'm sure - great first half but lost something second half (surprisingly once we went 2 up) - the OG changed our mental state and we were nervous towards the end yet still managed to create decent chances.

Sixteen shots - eight on target - hit woodwork three times - scored twice does not equate to a poor match.

Lucky to be third - not really - deserved too.

I wonder what your view of the match would have been at 65 minutes??

Cheer up mate - we are going to be up there :grin:

It's not me honest.....

Says a lot about the miserable sods in the main stand there. The reason why it was slow at times was that Hartlepool came for a 0-0 draw. There goalie was time wasting in the first min and they had 11 players in there own half for much of the game, only coming alive when they got a goal back. I saw the stats a few hours back and we had something like 16 shots, 8 on target. We hit the post and bar a few times and their keeper made a few good saves. In the end we should have scored more and they were lucky to have got a goal back.

If anyone thought that was a poor match then I suggest they go to see their doctor as it might actually be something none football related.

Hartlepool were mising their leading goalscorer Joel Porter, whom the rarely wrong chron Chron refers to as "Joe Garner". :disappointed:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-2-hartlepool-1

I presume they've sacked their proof readers then.

"More importantly, it was a much-improved display after being Athletic were disappointingly held by Brighton, Leyton Orient and Carlisle in their three previous matches at Boundary Park."

"But Athletic were handed a 21st-minute lead after a blunder by central defender Michael Nelson, who miscued a clearance from a Neal Eardley cross straight to Hughes who could scored have had a simpler 14th goal of the season. "