traveling by train (carlisle & brighton )

just testing for interest for now

would anybody be interested in traveling by chartered pullman train to either of the above fixtures obviously at slightly higher cost but this would include full 3 course meal served at your table on outward journey plus light buffet on return complimentry wine tea/coffee

coach transfer to & from the ground train to pick up/ set down at rochdale shaw & mumps ?

not aimed at the boozer cruiser crowd more your family/ group of friends thing who dont want the long drive there and back

any interest ?

yeah for Brighton, but that strikes me as a tall order, how could this be done?

hire the train from west coast railways they do all the rest ie train crew routing times etc

had my long service award at work part of which was a trip out on this train with with the full slap up meal etc was quite a pleasant experiance thats what gave me the idea

Sounds like a top idea.

doesnt strike me as the kind of thing that could be pulled of independently. i like the thought process though.

Its simple enough, all you need is for the train to be available and the means to pay for it. Probably easier than organising a wedding reception or sportsmans dinner.

Its simple enough, all you need is for the train to be available and the means to pay for it. Probably easier than organising a wedding reception or sportsmans dinner.

how about fitting the train into an empty slot on the national timetable? It not like getting a coach which you could just stick on the motorway

how about fitting the train into an empty slot on the national timetable? It not like getting a coach which you could just stick on the motorway

not realy aproblem tommy a lot less frieght runs at weekends so train would be able to use there slots also slots are left in the time table for just this eventuality

this was realy just a float it and see exercise before suggesting it to the club /trust for them to organise

For the Brighton trip, can you pick up BALLS and BOAST and OASIS members on the way? I'd quite like to be picked up at Dalston Kingsland station if that's okay.

Much obliged.

Likewise, Balham for me please, although if it helps I am willing to put myself out and walk a little further to Streatham Hill. If I could book the return journey for about 10PM that would be great.

Thanks.

Likewise, Balham for me please, although if it helps I am willing to put myself out and walk a little further to Streatham Hill. If I could book the return journey for about 10PM that would be great.

Thanks.

Burton-on-Trent or Tutbury & Hatton stations are both good for me. Thanks