Final whistle

I found it disagraceful how only 3 players came to clap the fans after that rubbish, likes of Hughes, Taylor, Windass straight down the tunnel, fans had made the trip all that way, spent lots of money, been embarrased by their team and most stayed til the end and the players cant even show their appreciation, its a disgrace just makes you think that they dont give a :censored:, which is exactly how they played.

Be honest.

The highlight of the trip was never going to be the sight of 11 losers applauding the fans was it?

You're just peeved cos you saw a poor performance and this minor lack of manners really means absolutely nothing.

They were probably too embarrassed to face you!!

Be honest.

The highlight of the trip was never going to be the sight of 11 losers applauding the fans was it?

You're just peeved cos you saw a poor performance and this minor lack of manners really means absolutely nothing.

There wasnt a highlight in the trip so this probably would have. If you think not applauding the fans after that performance is right then you've got too much money and time and your hands to make the effort to get to these games.

For someone like myself, and many other people in that stand today, money is tight, and Latics are our outlet to get away from the other :censored: things happening in the week. I havent got the money to go and see that :censored: and not have my efforts appluaded by players who happily pick their pay packets up without any bother.

Be honest.

You may have felt differently, had you been at the game.

To be honest, the ones who did applaud didn't exactly come over except Davies who was still nearer the middle of the pitch.

Dissappointed, you better believe it.

Davies Allott and Whittaker applauded us. Thats it, El Capitano fooked straight off, as did big bolloks Hughes Windass and Taylor I dont care that the fans slated them all game, we spent up to 40-50 quid for the round trip and entrance fee and we have put the effort in so they should applaud us . Sheridans half time team talk should have been in front of the away fans, that would have given them what they deserved. If I performed like that at my place of work Id be given the marching orders.

I have always thought the supporters applaud the team, not for turning up, but for its efforts, regardless of the result. I stayed until the end but didn't applaud.

Similarly I thought the players applaud the crowd, not for turning up but for its efforts, regardless of the result, I include myself in a small part of the crowd which can be proud of its efforts to encourage the team in the face of adversity, and in spite of having to listen to the vitriolic abuse from many, which caused a lousy atmosphere.

"What the feck is going on?", "What a load of rubbish!" and "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" were all understandable thoughts, but I could not bring myself to join in with those who voiced them. A lot of that stopped when many of our supporters left from half-time onwards.

'The Great Escape' was certainly appropriate and valiant efforts were made to keep it going, even during half-time, but it was very disappointing to hear the team booed back onto the pitch for the second half.

I know not many on here will agree and many will say the players have to earn our support. OK, but with it being so bad yesterday we could have accepted the inevitable heavy defeat, but amused ourselves by singing our hearts out in the face of great adversity. Our crowd performance could have reached heights to be talked about for years, and with the media and Hereford fans praising our support and sense of humour. Where was that "We never win at home, we never win away, we lost last week and we'll lose today" comedy spirit that sets Latics supporters apart from those who expect to win all the time? It would have taken a supreme effort but it would heve been preferable to enduring all that angst. Individual efforts were made, but there was no willingness to join in.

Regardless of money received or money paid for a day out, maybe the players accepted that they had not kept their part of the 'bargain' and didn't applaud the crowd out of shame and because the supporters generally didn't do their bit either.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I have always thought the supporters applaud the team, not for turning up, but for its efforts, regardless of the result. I stayed until the end but didn't applaud.

Similarly I thought the players applaud the crowd, not for turning up but for its efforts, regardless of the result, I include myself in a small part of the crowd which can be proud of its efforts to encourage the team in the face of adversity, and in spite of having to listen to the vitriolic abuse from many, which caused a lousy atmosphere.

"What the feck is going on?", "What a load of rubbish!" and "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" were all understandable thoughts, but I could not bring myself to join in with those who voiced them. A lot of that stopped when many of our supporters left from half-time onwards.

I know not many on here will agree and many will say the players have to earn our support. OK, but with it being so bad yesterday we could have accepted the inevitable heavy defeat, but amused ourselves by singing our hearts out in the face of great adversity. Our crowd performance could have reached heights to be talked about for years, and with the media and Hereford fans praising our support and sense of humour. Where was that "We never win at home, we never win away, we lost last week and we'll lose today" comedy spirit that sets Latics supporters apart from those who expect to win all the time? It would have taken a supreme effort but it would heve been preferable to enduring all that angst. Individual efforts were made, but there was no willingness to join in.

Regardless of money received or money paid for a day out, maybe the players accepted that they had not kept their part of the 'bargain' and didn't applaud the crowd out of shame and because the supporters generally didn't do their bit either.

Like you Diego, I always stay to the end and always applaud the players. Today I stayed to the end, but I didn't applaud as their efforts were undeserving.

I have only ever left a match early in disgust once and co-incidentally it was 32 years ago when we lost 3-5 at home to Herford after leading 2-0. I vowed after that day that I would never do that again.

I was disappointed that more players didn't come over or attempt to applaud the fans at the end and extremely disappointed that the manager didn't make a point of instructing the players to do so.

I can understand that the players, or at least some of them, may have been wary of the reception they would have got, but Craig Davies made the effort and did receive some applause back. Although I didn't join in I apprecaited his effort in coming over.

The players do say that the fans backing makes a difference to them and today, after such a poor performance, was an opportunity for the players to express their thanks and offer a form of apology to those that had made the effort. I can only agree with your thoughts that they didn't out of shame.

Frustration for the fans was the name of the game today. In all honesty, humour had gone out of the window by half time and people were trying to find reasons for the 45 minutes of madness they had just witnessed. Then of course the rumours started. (Surprise surprise no one mentioned them before kick off)

I would have liked all the players to have come over and applauded at the end. I would have liked the manager to make a point of directing them to. I would also have liked a win today but as BB80 waould say hey ho :lol:

Although it's nice for the players to show some appreciation to the travelling fans, I tend to consider that they're only human and after a maulling like that they just want to get out of there. So it doesn't bother me much.

On a side note, I wonder how well supported Chris Taylor feels if he knows his dad fecked off to the pub at half time? Allegedly.

On a side note, I wonder how well supported Chris Taylor feels if he knows his dad fecked off to the pub at half time? Allegedly.

whether he did leave early or not,don't you think he went to the game in the capacity of being a latics fan,not as the official "i'm chris taylor's dad" role?

oh,i left when the 5th went in.why travel all that way when your are watching an inempt display,freezing cold and not enjoying it,when theres a nice warm pub with a pint around the corner?

its a choice.

and for the first time since getting stuffed v. cardiff 7-1,i left early.

'The Great Escape' was certainly appropriate and valiant efforts were made to keep it going, even during half-time, but it was very disappointing to hear the team booed back onto the pitch for the second half.

So basically you are saying that football fans should offer support to their team, that is unconditional under any circumstances????? People work hard all week. Spend the best part of £100 to witness that pile of steaming crap we had to endure yesterday. How can the supporters do their bit when we are 3 down in twenty minutes? How can the supporters do their bit when they are wondering WTF is going on? How can the supporters do their bit when they see a lack-lustre performance from every player on the field? How can they do their bit when the manager looks on passively throughout the car-crash performance we were witnessing? How can the supporters do their bit when the captain throws his armband to the ground as they go off at half-time? How can the supporters do their bit when the same performance is repeated for the second 45 minutes? You are obsessed with quality of support etc... your average fan is more interested in seeing a team that performs, shows pride, passion and belief - than singing inane, meaningless ditties that the players in reality mostly do not hear. It is 2008, football is an entertainment business - entertainment and atmosphere now go hand in hand and lets be honest, speaking to some younger fans it is plain to see any new song that is conjured is basically plagarised from the Prem. Boring and lacks identity, but anyway I digress, a team has to earn support imo, yesterday they did not deserve the support they got.

The supporters did not do their bit because we did not have chance to! I think you are increasingly losing your grip on the reality of what it entails following an average 3rd Division Team. Any impact from the fans is at best minimal. You want to find a positive in anything ok.. Respect, but that shower yesterday deserved everything they got, justified or not.

And Sheridan if he has any sense of respect for the fans would have sent them all over to applaud the fans, times are hard and at the very least a little recognition for the hardy souls who braved that tripe until the bitter end.

Edited by oafcprozac

People work hard all week. Spend the best part of £100 to witness that pile of steaming crap we had to endure yesterday. How can the supporters do their bit when we are 3 down in twenty minutes? How can the supporters do their bit when they are wondering WTF is going on? How can the supporters do their bit when they see a lack-lustre performance from every player on the field? How can they do their bit when the manager looks on passively throughout the car-crash performance we witnessed? How can the supporters do their bit when the captain throws his armband to the ground as they go off at half-time? How can the supporters do their bit when the same performance is repeated for the second 45 minutes? You're obsessed with quality of support etc... your average fan is more interested in seeing a team that performs, shows pride, passion and belief than singing inane, meaningless ditties that the players don't really hear anyway. It is 2008, football is an entertainment business - entertainment and atmosphere now go hand in hand and lets be honest, speaking to some younger fans it is plain to see any new song that is conjured is basically plagarised from the Prem. Boring and lacks identity, but anyway I digress, a team has to earn support imo, yesterday they did not deserve the support they got.

The supporters did not do their bit because we didn't have chance to! I think you are increasingly losing your grip on the reality of what it entails following an average 3rd Division Team. Any impact from the fans is at best minimal. You want to find a positive in anything ok.. Respect, but that shower yesterday deserved everything they got, justified or not.

And Sheridan if he had any sense of respect for the fans would have sent them all over to applaud the fans, times are hard and at the very least a little recognition for the hardy souls who braved that tripe until the bitter end.

here here.

ask him next time you see him then.

i don't know..or even care.

:grin:

Neither do I really, it was just a throw away comment that was meant to be humorous. :unsure:

Just that I saw him leaving at HT. Obviously it's entirely up to him what he does, and if I hadn't been driving I'd have been sorely tempted to do the same...

Only two games I remembr leaving early recently were Stockport away this season (I was feckin FREEZING!) and Swindon away last season. At 3-0, the pub suddenly made much more sense than staying there to see whether the steward was finally going to eject markoasis... :lol:

Edited by garcon

So basically you are saying that football fans should offer support to their team, that is unconditional under any circumstances????? People work hard all week. Spend the best part of £100 to witness that pile of steaming crap we had to endure yesterday. How can the supporters do their bit when we are 3 down in twenty minutes? How can the supporters do their bit when they are wondering WTF is going on? How can the supporters do their bit when they see a lack-lustre performance from every player on the field? How can they do their bit when the manager looks on passively throughout the car-crash performance we witnessed? How can the supporters do their bit when the captain throws his armband to the ground as they go off at half-time? How can the supporters do their bit when the same performance is repeated for the second 45 minutes? You're obsessed with quality of support etc... your average fan is more interested in seeing a team that performs, shows pride, passion and belief than singing inane, meaningless ditties that the players don't really hear anyway. It is 2008, football is an entertainment business - entertainment and atmosphere now go hand in hand and lets be honest, speaking to some younger fans it is plain to see any new song that is conjured is basically plagarised from the Prem. Boring and lacks identity, but anyway I digress, a team has to earn support imo, yesterday they did not deserve the support they got.

The supporters did not do their bit because we didn't have chance to! I think you are increasingly losing your grip on the reality of what it entails following an average 3rd Division Team. Any impact from the fans is at best minimal. You want to find a positive in anything ok.. Respect, but that shower yesterday deserved everything they got, justified or not.

And Sheridan if he had any sense of respect for the fans would have sent them all over to applaud the fans, times are hard and at the very least a little recognition for the hardy souls who braved that tripe until the bitter end.

+1

Apart from running on the pitch and taking Hereford players out or kicking the ball in their net, I doubt there was little else the fans could do.

I saw him descending the steps from he seated section very late in the game. Whether going to the loo or leaving I don't know.

Ah. I take it all back then. He was definitely rounding up the troops for a departure at half time. Must've thought better of it. :grin:

:grin:

Neither do I really, it was just a throw away comment that was meant to be humorous. :unsure:

Just that I saw him leaving at HT. Obviously it's entirely up to him what he does, and if I hadn't been driving I'd have been sorely tempted to do the same...

At 3-0, the pub suddenly made much more sense than staying there to see whether the steward was finally going to eject markoasis... :lol:

Leaving his seat at HT or leaving the ground? He was still there very late in the game.

I thought markoasis was absent yesterday DJing.

Specsavers?

So basically you are saying that football fans should offer support to their team, that is unconditional under any circumstances????? People work hard all week. Spend the best part of £100 to witness that pile of steaming crap we had to endure yesterday. How can the supporters do their bit when we are 3 down in twenty minutes? How can the supporters do their bit when they are wondering WTF is going on? How can the supporters do their bit when they see a lack-lustre performance from every player on the field? How can they do their bit when the manager looks on passively throughout the car-crash performance we were witnessing? How can the supporters do their bit when the captain throws his armband to the ground as they go off at half-time? How can the supporters do their bit when the same performance is repeated for the second 45 minutes? You are obsessed with quality of support etc... your average fan is more interested in seeing a team that performs, shows pride, passion and belief - than singing inane, meaningless ditties that the players in reality mostly do not hear. It is 2008, football is an entertainment business - entertainment and atmosphere now go hand in hand and lets be honest, speaking to some younger fans it is plain to see any new song that is conjured is basically plagarised from the Prem. Boring and lacks identity, but anyway I digress, a team has to earn support imo, yesterday they did not deserve the support they got.

The supporters did not do their bit because we did not have chance to! I think you are increasingly losing your grip on the reality of what it entails following an average 3rd Division Team. Any impact from the fans is at best minimal. You want to find a positive in anything ok.. Respect, but that shower yesterday deserved everything they got, justified or not.

And Sheridan if he has any sense of respect for the fans would have sent them all over to applaud the fans, times are hard and at the very least a little recognition for the hardy souls who braved that tripe until the bitter end.

I didn't go yesterday but can imagine what it was like and agree entirely with everything you say. Your comments are spot on!

There are Latics followers and Latics supporters. At 'uddersfield we had lots of Latics followers prepared to create an atmosphere by singing 'The Great Escape' in spite of the fact that the team was being played off the park for most of the game. The song wasn't relevant because we were not trying to escape anything but most joined in because it was creating a geat atmosphere. I hear what you may describe as an inane meaningless ditty "Latics 'til I die' but I never hear "Latics 'tlil we go three nil down".

I am only too well aware of what following or supporting an average 3rd Division team entails in reality, even the effort involved in supporting the team at home. It was just as hard when the team was playing in the 4th Division.

I agree that Shez (as he prefers to be called, even by the players! :unsure: ) should have sent the players over to applaud the fans as an apology, although I accept that many would have said they only did it because Shez made them. At least Shez's reputation might have been enhanced.

Thanks for respecting my "finding positive in anything". I would have loved it, just loved it if the supporters had sung their hearts out and inspired the team to get a draw, or even a win, out of yesterday - it's not impossible because it has been done by other clubs. I accept that the players showed such little determination that they would've found it impossible if they'd played all night. The point I was makig was that, the supporters could have looked back on Hereford and reminisced about how, in spite of losing 5-0, they sang their hearts out and did a fantastic job of keeping the Faith.

Never mind, I can dream...........but one day, perhaps at Wembley in the Play-off Final, we will inspire the comeback of all times, who knows? Perhaps Citeh fans who were swelling our number at 'Uddersfield can tell us what is was like to run back from the Wembley Tube station and return to their seat in the stadium to see that extra time performance against Gillingham.