TTA shouldnt accept that

To be honest, at times, some of the threads on owtb are sadly becoming laughable. A breeding ground for play ground bullies to belittle others in order to boost their own self-importance, whist hiding their own inadequacies! You know who you are!!! I think self-policing can work to an extent. However, I also think the mods would do well to step in a little more often and put 1 or 2 posters in their place (not a critisism just an observation).

Not sure that they (the bullies) would be as tough in real life, as they are whilst hiding behind a keyboard! This is part of the reason myself, and other I'm sure, hardly ever post on this site anymore! However, in the main I do still enjoy reading the comments made on owtb.

Just so I know where I stand, am I perceived as a "play ground bully" or as a member with a sense of humour, who can take a joke directed at himself. :unsure:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solely because I felt Dean's comments had been ridiculous throughout the thread, and his reasons for Hereford having a 'non-league set up' were the most bizarre thing he'd said so far. I can't help but feel people are making a mountain out of a molehill here...

That said, I do apologise if I've upset anyone. It wasn't intentional.

Fair enough if your objective wasn't to pick. On a side note, don't think people on here should be attacked personally on here. not on at all really.

Don't see much joking on here mate!

Perhaps I am one of the perceived bullies here, certainly not my intent to be. Just struck me as absurd saying that an employer could decide not to pay his staff because he was pissed off with them, which sort of suggested that he hadn't had a job. Maybe I was wrong.

JSS your entitled to disagree with someones points but least he went to the game eh. I think the posters who are referred to as 'bullies' which may be a bit harsh because I'm sure dean doesnt feel like he is being bullied are the posters who seem to question other posters because of there age, wealth and career choices. Its pathetic. It doesnt matter if your a lawyer or a cleaner, this board is for discussing latics and football. Your opinion about latics doesnt count for more just because you earn a good wage.

Perhaps the fact that young students who only work 3 days a week are still willing to spend hundreds of pounds following latics around the country should be respected and not mocked.

Perhaps I am one of the perceived bullies here, certainly not my intent to be. Just struck me as absurd saying that an employer could decide not to pay his staff because he was pissed off with them, which sort of suggested that he hadn't had a job. Maybe I was wrong.

Your opinion on this subject doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when I am browsing through a thread and see someone who has come on here to talk purely about football (however much you agree or disagree with his opinion) having part of his personal life scrutinised!

Other than that I am happy bunny :grin: Let's keep it purely to football eh!

Edited by laticsmad

i am still fuming i havnt been on here untill today but its the first time i have ever left a game at half time and the worst performance i have seen ever..

TTA should fine the players and give the money to the travelling fans and make sheridan publically apologise at the stockport game, he should be made to come on the pitch and say it. Stupid bunch of gutless bas****

haha surely a wind up, i propose that we should fine the players for anything less than a 3 - 0 victory and sheridan should personally come around the crowd and apologise to each and everyone of us if this doesnt happen. If not he gets sacked on the spot and we sue him for damages! That'll learn him.

haha surely a wind up, i propose that we should fine the players for anything less than a 3 - 0 victory and sheridan should personally come around the crowd and apologise to each and everyone of us if this doesnt happen. If not he gets sacked on the spot and we sue him for damages! That'll learn him.

Did you go?

Your opinion on this subject doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when I am browsing through a thread and see someone who has come on here to talk purely about football (however much you agree or disagree with his opinion) having part of his personal life scrutinised!

Other than that I am happy bunny :grin: Let's keep it purely to football eh!

Fair enough. At least it got you posting again :wink:

Perhaps the fact that young students who only work 3 days a week are still willing to spend hundreds of pounds following latics around the country should be respected and not mocked.

Hear, hear! I agree!

And what about some respect instead of mocking for law-abiding pensioners ( and non-pensioners) being ejected from a pub? :pow:

Pensioners (and non-pensioners) and students unite!! :deal:

JSS your entitled to disagree with someones points but least he went to the game eh. I think the posters who are referred to as 'bullies' which may be a bit harsh because I'm sure dean doesnt feel like he is being bullied are the posters who seem to question other posters because of there age, wealth and career choices. Its pathetic. It doesnt matter if your a lawyer or a cleaner, this board is for discussing latics and football. Your opinion about latics doesnt count for more just because you earn a good wage.

Ok let's not start playing a who went to the game thing. From what I can gather, Dean is probably in a similar boat to me and I'm in a very similar situation to the one you're describing should be respected. For what it's worth, I would have gone to the game but with finals this coming week it wasn't viable to take a whole day off working to go to the game. I for one was not questioning his age, wealth and career choices...and I couldn't if I wanted to, on the basis that if he's 24 as mentioned above then he's older than me, if he works three days a week then he's earning more than me, and if he's chosen a career path then he's done something that I still haven't done. So I can't preach like that or get up on a high horse, and even if I could, I wouldn't.

Edited by jsslatic

Hear, hear! I agree!

And what about some respect instead of mocking for law-abiding pensioners ( and non-pensioners) being ejected from a pub? :pow:

Pensioners (and non-pensioners) and students unite!! :deal:

What! First a thaw in relations between BALLS and NEMO, and now you want one between students and pensioners?!

I'll have noone left to mock.

Edited by jsslatic

What! First a thaw in relations between BALLS and NEMO, and now you want one between students and pensioners?!

I'll have noone left to mock.

Let's organise a protest march! What do we want? RESPECT! When do we want it? NOW!

Now let's see, I'm confused about which OWTB we need to consult for advice on how to go about it. :wink:

Did you go?

sure did mate, did you? Ranks up there with one of the worst performance I have seen and will stick in the memory like the 1 - 7 home defeat to Cardiff. But these things happen in football you move on. If players start getting fined for performances and managers forced to go on the tannoy then footballs not for me any more.

To be honest I'm losing my love for the game and Oldham Athletic at the moment. The amount of bollox and negativity which seems to follow our club around like a bad smell is making me question why I bother anymore. I dont think its just us though its the whole game in this country. No atmosphere or fun is allowed by the authorities so you just get to hear the whining and the moaning. Despite the result i actually had a good day with my mates yesterday, which to me away trips to hereford are all about. I think some people take the whole thing far too seriously and seem to expect us to play like a Premiership side week in week out because thats what they get exposed to all week in the media.

This is by no means a defence of what happened yesterday, we were truly shocking. I just dont see how fining the players and making sheridan apologise on the tannoy to the crowd is going to help anyone.

Garcon I couldnt give a :censored: how much you earn you patronising OOPZ

Ah. Looks like I was misinterpreted there a bit. I said I earn more than some of them to emphasise that they are not the overpaid primadonas that some people seem to think they are. Didn't mean it as some kind of bigging myself up - that really would be pathetic.

And I only asked Dean what he did to try and put the idea of docking wages into some sort of context.

I wouldn't dream of belittling him as a fan - he gets to more games than I do whilst, it turns out, working part time and studying for a Masters. That's dedication for you.

I hardly ever agree with anything he says on here. mind, but he's not exactly unique in that regard. :grin:

masters degree and planning consultant you?

Masters degree at 24....at that age ? So 6 years sat at uni.....no experience of the real world.

Planning consultant ? OLDHAM perchance ?

Sorry for the dig...engineering degree myself...and 34 years in...

In my game we have a definition of a consultant.....someone brought in to share the blame.

Masters degree at 24....at that age ? So 6 years sat at uni.....no experience of the real world.

I love this classic jibe....

School, College, Uni, Career, Sweetheart, Marriage, Mortgage, Kids, Bills, Retire.......???

The real ENGLISH world.

:bored::sleeping:

Monday Morning Blues..... :grin:

Planning consultant ? OLDHAM perchance ?

Sorry for the dig...engineering degree myself...and 34 years in...

In my game we have a definition of a consultant.....someone brought in to share the blame.

FFS, how can people no so much about what im doing????

your basically telling me things that are new to me

if it is that interesting to you, ive been working 3 years in the subject im doing a masters part time which i finish in summer.

im getting Peed off now bet you all gimps the lot of you if i saw you id probably laugh and say ah thats him what a tosser...

Just noticed this thread ... and i think afew people need to have a look at themselves, the thread has gone way of the mark. Dean`s posted his thoughts, some agree and some dont. Personally i dont, but i wont start to question what he does for work, or what year he was born for that matter ... it has nothing to do with anyone on here tbh. I wouldnt go as far as to say Deans been bullied on this thread, but i do think some of the comments made are uncalled for and definitely un-needed.

Cue the "i was only having a laugh" replies .. but tbh people knew what they were doing and well, as easy as it is to join in i thought we were dealing with adults here. Anywho, thats my two penneth for all that it matters.

Just noticed this thread ... and i think afew people need to have a look at themselves, the thread has gone way of the mark. Dean`s posted his thoughts, some agree and some dont. Personally i dont, but i wont start to question what he does for work, or what year he was born for that matter ... it has nothing to do with anyone on here tbh. I wouldnt go as far as to say Deans been bullied on this thread, but i do think some of the comments made are uncalled for and definitely un-needed.

Cue the "i was only having a laugh" replies .. but tbh people knew what they were doing and well, as easy as it is to join in i thought we were dealing with adults here. Anywho, thats my two penneth for all that it matters.

Yeah, definitely. Alright, some of what Dean has said is a bit giddy but what's followed is a bit out of order IMO.