Who was the 100k poster?

In all the after effects, and understandable despondancy, of Saturday, I think it went unoticed that there are now over 100,000 posts just in The Terraces Latics Forum.

Apologies if this is aTitanic moment, theres been a lot to go through!

EDIT: My signature is a bit of humour. I think this aspect of a Forum has been sadly neglected of late. Please do not attempt to make an issue of it, or I will go right into one...

Edited by singe

EDIT: My signature is a bit of humour. I think this aspect of a Forum has been sadly neglected of late. Please do not attempt to make an issue of it, or I will go right into one...

Not making an issue of it, and not being pedantic, but just taking this opportunity to clear up a common misconception. 'TTA' stands for The Three Amigos. Therefore there is no need to put "the" before TTA and (to those it may concern) no need to put "s" after TTA.

Not making an issue of it, and not being pedantic, but just taking this opportunity to clear up a common misconception. 'TTA' stands for The Three Amigos. Therefore there is no need to put "the" before TTA and (to those it may concern) no need to put "s" after TTA.

It Juz sounds better tho dunnit... like. :wink:

I have to say, despite fully understanding the error in writing the TTA, I still do it as it flows better....

... and also fully knowing it may annoy some of our more pedantic posters... :)

It Juz sounds better tho dunnit... like. :wink:

I have to say, despite fully understanding the error in writing the TTA, I still do it as it flows better....

... and also fully knowing it may annoy some of our more pedantic posters... :)

It doesn't flow as you read "the TTA". You could satisfy your flow requirement (and be correct) by writing "the TA" and just assume that everyone knows you're not talking about theTerritorial Army. OK?

I'm not falling for Diego's 2009 deception. Just because you say you're not being pedantic, doesn't mean you aren't :grin:. You've been rumbled :wink:

Pedant!

Edited by jsslatic

I'm not falling for Diego's 2009 deception. Just because you say you're not being pedantic, doesn't mean you aren't :grin:. You've been rumbled :wink:

Pedant!

It's no wonder the Government's Education, Education, Education policies have failed so miserably. You can teach a student how to use water, but you can't make him drink it! :disappointed:

....if the student insists on perpetuating misuse of the language, rather than accepting the principle of correctness. :disappointed:

I never said you were wrong about TTA thing...I just pointed out that you were being pedantic in doing so :shock:

Or are you in fact accusing me of misusing the language (in a non-pedantic manner, of course)? :unsure::wink:

Edited by jsslatic

I never said you were wrong about TTA thing...I just pointed out that you were being pedantic in doing so :shock:

Or are you in fact accusing me of misusing the language (in a non-pedantic manner, of course)? :unsure::wink:

I'm claiming that pointing out a common error is not being pedantic, it's using constructive criticism in an advisory manner. Dotting the letter 'i' and crossing the letter't' is being pedantic, but to keep overlooking errors is doing a disservice to other members.

I have noticed on here comparatively few examples of "should of" "would of" and "could of" etc., since the New Year. Just coincidence maybe, but very encouraging.