So what are you doing this lunchtime?

Enjoy it lads. Now you get to see it how we did.

They'll also see what we couldn't see at the time, that Guinan just clipped Rubes' heel and brought him down as he went past the back of him for the fourth goal.

Therefore foul, no goal, only 3-0 down at half-time. fewer supporters leaving the ground, less of a mountain to climb. Who knows? :unsure:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

They'll also see what we couldn't see at the time, that Guinan just clipped Rubes' heel and brought him down as he went past the back of him for the fourth goal.

Therefore foul, no goal, only 3-0 down at half-time. fewer supporters leaving the ground, less of a mountain to climb. Who knows? :unsure:

in the grand scheme of things it wouldnt of made a great deal of difference....

my mate who went said we was lucky it wasnt 6 at half time.

end result may have been 4-0 then not such a bad hammering eh,lol

hope they have a really good look at it and instead of making excuses and blaming each other just take it on the chin and accept responsibility for it,then go out and do exactly the same to stockport on saturday and batter them 5-0...

What did I do this lunchtime? Well, seeing as it wasn't raining I thought I'd take a nice walk in the surrounding areas of Exchange Quay, where I work. Those who are familiar with this part of the world will know it is not too far away from the home of the team supported by the largest number of people with remote controls and a setanta subscription.

So anyway, I'm walking along Talbot Road, when I'm stopped by a slightly sedate looking, eastern-european sounding guy.

Him: "Excuse me, how do I get to the stadium?"

(Having had this question many times before, I still get a bit peeved that I'm expected to automatically know what stadium he's on about. For all I know, he could have been after the cricket ground, or he could be really lost and want Man City)

Me: Ok, which stadium?

Him: Err.... stadium of Manchester................... United

So begrudgingly I give him appropriate directions, even though if he'd walked 50 yards further he'd have been able to see it for himself. In my mind though I'm bemoaning not only that he seemingly thought his destination was the only known stadium in Manchester, but that he gave no indication that he even knew the name of it. Plus if he had said 'Old Trafford' then I could have sent him to the cricket ground or told him to turn around and walk to the residential suburb of the same name near Chorlton. Maybe I should have given him a wider berth since he clearly wasn't from this country, but I've had the same or worse in the past from English people.

Next time, I'm sending them back on the tram towards Bury.

In searching for Dagenham & Redbridge's ground I asked a multitude of people where 'the football ground' was. I guess it's just second nature to ask for the stadium rather than name the club.

Although I ended up with loads of people telling me the way to West Ham. Or telling me they were Romanian. In the end I just went home.

In searching for Dagenham & Redbridge's ground I asked a multitude of people where 'the football ground' was. I guess it's just second nature to ask for the stadium rather than name the club.

Although I ended up with loads of people telling me the way to West Ham. Or telling me they were Romanian. In the end I just went home.

Same for Cheltenham a few years ago.

"What football ground?" :o

Same for Cheltenham a few years ago.

"What football ground?" :o

I somewhat foolishly walked from whichever station it was to Tranmere last season (past where some scallies were throwing their victim of a beating onto a bonfire), Liverpool were playing in the CL that night, and all the dippers I asked looked at me like I was a total retard for being on the wrong side of the Mersey. 10 minutes walk away hardly any of them knew. In the end I was forced to go into a pub and ask there, which did have the benefit of the landlord telling me that he had shagged the young wife of noted Satanist Graeme Souness back in the day.