Hughes Staying?.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7845011.stm

Hughes stays at Oldham - Sheridan

Oldham boss John Sheridan has insisted that Doncaster target Lee Hughes is not leaving Athletic.

The 32-year-old striker is the Latics' top scorer with 14 goals.

Sheridan told BBC Radio Manchester: "Lee's very happy at the club and I've made it clear I want him to stay so that's the end of it.

"I've had a chat with Lee and he's made it clear he's happy and I'm happy for him to stay. I just want him to concentrate on scoring goals."

He added: "Everyone knows Doncaster are interested and have made offers or what-have-you. Everyone knows there is a clause in his contract and I just want him to get back to playing well."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7845011.stm

Hughes stays at Oldham - Sheridan

Oldham boss John Sheridan has insisted that Doncaster target Lee Hughes is not leaving Athletic.

Sheridan told BBC Radio Manchester: "Lee's very happy at the club and I've made it clear I want him to stay so that's the end of it.

"I've had a chat with Lee and he's made it clear he's happy and I'm happy for him to stay. I just want him to concentrate on scoring goals."

He added: "Everyone knows Doncaster are interested and have made offers or what-have-you. Everyone knows there is a clause in his contract and I just want him to get back to playing well."

That's right - get back to playing well Lee (and have a word with Taylor too :wink: )

That is what Shez wants but what the club needs is money and unless we sell one of our better players (Eardley) then we will hit financial trouble again.

I hope Hughes stays but i think a better club than Donny might just tempt him.

I think it’s a big ruse, make it look like we’re selling Hughes so we don’t need to sell Taylor and then keep everyone. TTA then use their Euro account to purchase Kaka after the Brazilian decides he wants to rub Noel Gallaghers face in it. Apparently hes a massiv Inspirals fans.

Sheridan has also said he wants "10,000 fans packed in to the ground on Saturday", so that will happen.

In addition, Sheridan says "I want Messi to sign for us so he will".

Edited by opinions4u

Latest from our manager. NO official bid although the clubs know where they stand (Basically it isn't on paper) and that you gave us permission to speak to Hughes and his agent and that discussions with him are underway but it'll take time whilst the player decides. If he wants to come the formality of an official bid will be placed. Also said he's not the only one we're talking to but is our main target at the moment.

Yet nothing on the OS, surely if he had signed it'd have been on the site or sent via SMS by now.

Don't get your hopes up. Probably just hear say.

have alook at bbci there quoting shez saying the same "hes happy and NOT leaving