Rubbish word of the day

leeslover

“Solutioning.” I am trying to figure out what it does for you that, “solving,” does not.

I quite liked this from the Urban Dictionary

Solutioning

A word many business people misuse to describe the process of creating a solution. These people need a grammar lesson and should be fired immediately.

"I am an idiot so I will spend my day solutioning a way to deal with my stupidity".

“Solutioning.” I am trying to figure out what it does for you that, “solving,” does not.

My own pet hate is 'guestimate'. What's wrong with either 'guess' or 'estimate'? I haven't been asked to do either of these things in years :rant.sml:

Edited by oafc_ok

http://www.lovelyjane.btinternet.co.uk/bull:censored:.htm

I first heard about Bull:censored: Bingo years ago - and I still think of it every time I get in those meetings - which is quite a lot....

"I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."

- Jack W., Boston

"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."

- David D., Florida

"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win."

- Bill R., New York City

“The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box."

- Ben G., Denver

"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULL:censored:!" for the third time in two hours."

- Harry A, Chantilly

One of my friends suggested that it was like, "solving," but with added exorbitant consultancy fees, and I think he may be correct. Standard IBM speak, apparently.

IBM bosses, I am sure, make up at least 3 words a day. It's like learning a new language working there!

My own pet hate is 'guestimate'. What's wrong with either 'guess' or 'estimate'? I haven't been asked to do either of these things in years :rant.sml:

Sweet mother of god I hate it!!!! You're either guessing (no idea, thus a guess) or estimating (an educated guess) - there is no inbetween!!!!!!!

:mad:

IBM bosses, I am sure, make up at least 3 words a day. It's like learning a new language working there!

If something comes off, I will be working with them in the future...

But the really disturbing thing is that I clicked onto the Bull:censored: page to look for words I have used myself a few seconds ago and was actually looking at the word, "benchmark," on my PC whilst someone on Question Time said it on my TV. What an empowering synergy.

If something comes off, I will be working with them in the future...

But the really disturbing thing is that I clicked onto the Bull:censored: page to look for words I have used myself a few seconds ago and was actually looking at the word, "benchmark," on my PC whilst someone on Question Time said it on my TV. What an empowering synergy.

I've just vomited in my own eyes, and it hurt less than reading that sentence!!! :lol:

That won't happen, because people are afraid of being referred to as "pedants".

Heard in the good old HoC--the spiritual home of bad language--yesterday: "I do not want to reiterate what the hon. Member for Bournemouth, East said, but I echo everything he said."

The LibDems really do have a strange relationship with English.

Heard in the good old HoC--the spiritual home of bad language--yesterday: "I do not want to reiterate what the hon. Member for Bournemouth, East said, but I echo everything he said."

The LibDems really do have a strange relationship with English.

"Echo" - was the House empty yet again?

P.S. I took part in a telephone survey from Janet Dean's office the other day.

i like the fact that there's a special NHS Bull:censored: Bingo. it's a pity the chief exec of the hospital i work in's removed the video he posted on Youtube to mark our 'Quality Week' (seriously), i could have posted the link and you could probably have crossed off all the boxes within 30 seconds.

God, that is scary...

Working in Business Consultancy... I think if i removed those words from my vocabulary, I would feel like a Jedi who had just lost his control of the force...

Those words are my friends... please do not offend them.

:wink: