Will Hughes Stay or Go

opinions4u

Lee Hughes Stay or Go  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Lee Hughes Decide?

• Sign the contract offered by Latics this week
    • Choose not to sign, and stay until the end of the season
    • Leave in this transfer window

No to sound negative O4U :wink: ... but even I couldnt give a flying hoot anymore... and its been done to death in other threads...

I'd vote for "Couldnt give a toss and just want it sorted soon, one way or the other" ....

Yeah I agree.

I personally think he will be off anyhow.

Erm :unsure: no it isnt. Your second option says he`ll not sign and come the summer leave for a free, where-as my option says he`ll sign and stay for more years, or go for a fee in the summer ... theres the difference.

Depends how you choose to read my mind.

Still, point taken - not clear.

I think he'll stay until the end of the season then sign a new contract when Oldham are proven to be his best option. I think the fact that only Rovers seem to be interested speaks volumes in a way. If I was SOD I'd have ended our interest by now aswell as it's gone on too long and I still don't feel he's the right man.

I wonder if £125k happens to be the balance to make Donny's offer up to the £400k clause? Just a thought.

I think he'll stay. What I'm less sure about is whether he'll sign the new contract - unless it has a non-promotion release clause (of, say, £400k... :wink: )

i think he will as well. Lets face it - he's 32

- its lee hughes

- other more established champ clubs will have better options in attack than a 400k 32/33yr old, he'd be good as back up but he would want to play every week, which defeats the object of him moving to and anyone else puttin a bid in except doncaster.

Doncaster may well be relegated this year, so it is foolish him chancing it with them for anything other than money and with the system they play would he play every week?

Other clubs would probably only be offering him this season and next year, whereas he can get an extra year on top of that with us and on a nice wage.

The fans have taken to him from the off whereas i doubt he would get the same reception elsewhere.

I dont think he'll sign it based on where we may be come the end of may, but if we go up i'd be very suprised if he then didnt sign on the dotted line.

Edited by shefflatic

I think he will stay. at least untill the end of the season anyway. I think if it was about money then he would of gone by now because im sure doncaster can offer more than us. If a team from mid table had come in for him then i think he would of gone. but trying to predict if donny will be in the championship next year or L1 is hard enough anyway without trying to predict whether we will be a league above/below or in the same one.

as much as i hope he stays, i hope its sorted either way asap.

I think a club will have to offer £400k or as near as for us to accept an offer. Anything less and the owners may feel we can 'afford' to see what happens in the summer.

The contract has been offered though, can't see the owners going back on it. It's upto Hughes to decide, the ball is firmly in his court.