sheridans mate liddell

I think this "mates" suggestion that seems to be floating around Shez holds little weight...

Considering the bench I dont know who else he could of brought on... Also looks like Davies is on his way out...

Also why Lewi for Alessandra? Why not take a midfielder off earlier or put Smalley up front?

Tactically naive at times

The whole Davies situation bears closer inspection to me.

Last season he was our leading goalscorer then gets an injury and misses the later part of the season.

Starts this season looks out of form and off the pace, gets stupidly sent off, loses his place and then gets the odd few minutes off the bench.

Gets loaned out for three months, Stockport start him and he becomes their leading scorer (6 goals in 12 games I think) and gets some rave reviews from Edgeley Park, Stockport want to keep him.

We recall him so he can go back on the bench and get the odd 10 minutes game time, then last night he is not even on the bench.

WTF is going on.

Also why Lewi for Alessandra? Why not take a midfielder off earlier or put Smalley up front?

Tactically naive at times

Many posts on here are 'tactically naive'.

Another cry of 'Shez's mates'.....it's ridiculous. Just another stupid notion born out of OWTB, like most criticisms of Shez are!!

"Shezs mate"

"no plan b"

"lost the dressing room"

Its like the a-z of stupid fan speak on these boards sometimes :D

you ask these questions based on the most obsurd decisions like to try ang get liddell to change a 2-0 reverse with 10 mins to go. Surely last night was calling for davies pace?

you ask these questions based on the most obsurd decisions like to try ang get liddell to change a 2-0 reverse with 10 mins to go. Surely last night was calling for davies pace?

The game was certainly calling for pace... With hindsight.... Something you ignore...

Was Davies the answer ? Probably not all things considered...

Many posts on here are 'tactically naive'.

Another cry of 'Shez's mates'.....it's ridiculous. Just another stupid notion born out of OWTB, like most criticisms of Shez are!!

Im not saying Shez's mates, Im saying his subs last night were too late and very poor!

Dean makes a fair point that I agree with - Davies was surely a better bet to turn the game around than Liddell? Agree too that often there is an A to Z of 'fanspeak' not just on this board but on every board - Shez himself has said that he must be brave - tantamount to admitting that he is not getting it right in my book :grin:

The game was certainly calling for pace... With hindsight.... Something you ignore...

Was Davies the answer ? Probably not all things considered...

I wouldn't say with hindsight.

By the hour mark their defenders were gone. It was clear and Lewi opened them up a few times with some sharp turns in the middle. It doesn't take hindsight. You could see Davies would have made a difference at the time.

I wouldn't say with hindsight.

By the hour mark their defenders were gone. It was clear and Lewi opened them up a few times with some sharp turns in the middle. It doesn't take hindsight. You could see Davies would have made a difference at the time.

?

But its only with hindsight you can argue he should of been on the bench...do you not get that ?

Im not saying Shez's mates, Im saying his subs last night were too late and very poor!

Sorry Ryan, the second sentance of my post was a general comment regarding the opening post.

I strongly believe messageboards such as this one have enough influence to create common beliefs such as this Shez's mates one. I reckon without this board Shez would be held in a higher regard as the sheep of sheepfoot lane would have to think on for themselves a little more, rather than buying into rubbish written by fools. I'd even say the board impacts on Shez, TTA and the way they do their jobs....sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

I may write a thesis on it :)

Sorry Ryan, the second sentance of my post was a general comment regarding the opening post.

I strongly believe messageboards such as this one have enough influence to create common beliefs such as this Shez's mates one. I reckon without this board Shez would be held in a higher regard as the sheep of sheepfoot lane would have to think on for themselves a little more, rather than buying into rubbish written by fools. I'd even say the board impacts on Shez, TTA and the way they do their jobs....sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

This phrase is used on a daily basis here but for once I think its true...

"This is one of the best posts in a long time"

Very good point...

In the days before messageboards and forums - the same crap would have been talked of down the pub or at work or school - it was ever thus :grin:

That's what it's all about - opinion - we all have one - we all think we know what is wrong - it is the stuff of life :lol:

In the days before messageboards and forums - the same crap would have been talked of down the pub or at work or school - it was ever thus :grin:

That's what it's all about - opinion - we all have one - we all think we know what is wrong - it is the stuff of life :lol:

Im sorry but they dont let 14 years olds into pubs... Not my local anyway... So I wouldnt actually been exposed to some of the bollox spouted on here back in the day :)

Edited by oafc0000

Im sorry but they dont let 14 years olds into pubs... Not my local anyway... So I wouldnt actually been exposed to some of the bollox spouted on here back in the day :)

In the days before messageboards and forums - the same crap would have been talked of down the pub or at work or school - it was ever thus

So did ya leave school early then? :grin::wink:

In the days before messageboards and forums - the same crap would have been talked of down the pub or at work or school - it was ever thus

So did ya leave school early then? :grin::wink:

Your missing my point :)

Here you dont know who is 14....45.....89.... You also don't know who is criminally insane...although I could hazard a guess :lol:

This phrase is used on a daily basis here but for once I think its true...

"This is one of the best posts in a long time"

Very good point...

Thanks. I do believe the board is a little too close to the club.

Sure, to an extent. However messageboards facilitate discussion 24/7 between many more people than a bunch of friends in the pub or at school. We are all exposed to many more opinions here than football fans had previously.

Also club officials were never privy to words muttered by fans in the pub. How times change.....

i dont get why shez states davies is a big part of his plans yet leaves him out, id be asking for a transfer if i was mental, im sure shez is playing on his gambling addiction in the last 2 away games

Some of your postings suggest a certain instability at least..... :wink: