Chris Taylor

I'm getting a little sick of everybody going on about Chris Taylor being the best player at the club and sayin we can get in excess of £1 million for him.

He's quite clearly a distinctly average player at best. His final ball is, the majority of the time, absolutely awful, he doesn't gamble at the back post enough (he's always first too late), he has no left foot and no skill or dribbling ability. He also doesn't seem to recognise these weaknesses as he continuoulsy believes there is no need to play the ball to loanee left backs from a higher level (most obvious being Bertrand) as he seems to believe he is the better player.

If he was the better player surely he still wouldn't be at Latics? Surely someone would have come in wih this £1 million and taken him onto a higher level? I think his true ability is actually summed up by the fact that Mick McCarthy (can clearly spot a good player) watched Taylor in a recent game and then, the next day, signed a left winger on loan. I am of the belief that a new manager, who can see a talented player, would not consider Taylor the untouchable that Sheridan does and this would ultimately make the squad stronger.

With regards to the Sheridan talk in other posts and that he's the best manager we've had in recent years, I disagree. I've mentioned on a previous post about my belief Sheridan ahs an inability to spot a good enough player whereas one Brian Talbot brought in a 17 year old Kilkenny and Lee Croft in on loan to save us from relegation. He was also working on an even smaller budget than Sheridan so couldn't bring in the players he wished adn I personally wouldn't be too disheartened if we gave him another shot, although highly unlikely.

I'm getting a little sick of everybody going on about Chris Taylor being the best player at the club and sayin we can get in excess of £1 million for him.

He's quite clearly a distinctly average player at best. His final ball is, the majority of the time, absolutely awful, he doesn't gamble at the back post enough (he's always first too late), he has no left foot and no skill or dribbling ability. He also doesn't seem to recognise these weaknesses as he continuoulsy believes there is no need to play the ball to loanee left backs from a higher level (most obvious being Bertrand) as he seems to believe he is the better player.

If he was the better player surely he still wouldn't be at Latics? Surely someone would have come in wih this £1 million and taken him onto a higher level? I think his true ability is actually summed up by the fact that Mick McCarthy (can clearly spot a good player) watched Taylor in a recent game and then, the next day, signed a left winger on loan. I am of the belief that a new manager, who can see a talented player, would not consider Taylor the untouchable that Sheridan does and this would ultimately make the squad stronger.

With regards to the Sheridan talk in other posts and that he's the best manager we've had in recent years, I disagree. I've mentioned on a previous post about my belief Sheridan ahs an inability to spot a good enough player whereas one Brian Talbot brought in a 17 year old Kilkenny and Lee Croft in on loan to save us from relegation. He was also working on an even smaller budget than Sheridan so couldn't bring in the players he wished adn I personally wouldn't be too disheartened if we gave him another shot, although highly unlikely.

oh so you are the one who voted for talbot :laught30:

Interesting opinion. I very much doubt you'll be seeing Talbot about the place again. Nor in any average league one side club.

Guest sheridans_world

:dedhrse:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

end of the bell

kilkenny repayed by going to leeds and were is lee croft now talbot is no where to been seen and as bad as ronnie moor taylor is 1 of the best players we have had since palmer

mayer should go back not worth anything to us bring in scholes lol

Edited by jimmy89

kilkenny repayed by going to leeds and were is lee croft now talbot is no where to been seen and as bad as ronnie moor taylor is 1 of the best players we have had since palmer

I want ginger hair toooooooooo

And that was edited?

<edit> Christ, I've spelt edited wrong now. I guess that is what is known as karma?

Edited by beag_teeets

KK still plays (for now) for a side pushing for the play offs in our league, whilst Croft, after an impressive spell in the championship, is rumoured to be going to west brom in the prem lge.....talbot is with Robert Maxwell, princess Di and Adolf Hitler on a desert island in the pacific and as for Taylor one of the best since Palmer...... :lol:

Oldham Athletic's Chris Taylor is listed as a midfielder in TFF, but has been playing in an attacking role for most of the season. The lifelong Oldham fan has notched 9 goals in 30 appearances thus far, and represents great value at just £1.7 million. With leaky Swindon at home this weekend, now's the perfect time to jump aboard this particular bandwagon.

in Fantasy football of course:D