Club Comment On Transfer Window?

Its the fact that there has been so much speculation about Taylor or Hughes leaving that it is now odd that the club has not commented.

TBH, has there actually been that much speculation? Not really heard anything about Taylor during January, and Donny were the only ones interested in Hughes. I just dont see what a statement from the club will achieve, and why people are crying so much due to the lack of one.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I said was that I thought it was odd. Peculiar. Slightly worrying 'perhaps', given Oldham fans leaning towards a well grounded pessimism. I think it would be good to know. Obviously you don't. Well bully for you.

Oh, and I don't think anybody is ":censored: staring" on here, though I can't be 100% sure, cos I'm exactly sure what ":censored: staring" is. Perhaps it's a Warrington 'hobby'?

ffs... Sums you up that post dan.. More interested in points scoring over spelling than actually making a worth well comment...

Ill leave you to your little snippets of bollox...

Why exactly would it be a good PR move? As ive said we know theyve stayed, we dont need to be told that and we all know that the clubs happy theyve stayed, weve heard enough through January about the club wanting the to stay etc. Lets forget all the speculation now and let them get there head down and get putting the performances in!

Plus, dont forget the window shut yesterday, and it is only half 11 ffs, give em chance, they might be intending to do an interview!

Well that's fine IF the window is shut and we have no 'paparwork delay related' deals to be done.

And as I've said in reply to 0000, i just thought it was odd. Not the end of the world or cause to throw ourselves in the canal.

I 'd guess by the reaction of some that a few on here have got their tight undercrackers on again! :wink:

TBH, has there actually been that much speculation? Not really heard anything about Taylor during January, and Donny were the only ones interested in Hughes. I just dont see what a statement from the club will achieve, and why people are crying so much due to the lack of one.

Am I not right in thinking Shez couldn't get to the office yesterday ? Wont he be doing training this morning ? If there is going to be a statement it will be this afternoon at the earliest wouldn't it ?

ffs... Sums you up that post dan.. More interested in points scoring over spelling than actually making a worth well comment...

Ill leave you to your little snippets of bollox...

You CLEARLY have an issue with me, so if you want to jump down my throat over anything I post, don't be surprised if I get the arse.

And talking about worthwhile comments - "FFS I couldn't give a monkeys if the club make a statement or not" - like that you mean?

"Little snippets of bollox" - grow up, eh?

Am I not right in thinking Shez couldn't get to the office yesterday ? Wont he be doing training this morning ? If there is going to be a statement it will be this afternoon at the earliest wouldn't it ?

ummm, why does he have to be in the office? in fact, why is it shez that has to do it? there have been other 'updates' on the official site.

You CLEARLY have an issue with me, so if you want to jump down my throat over anything I post, don't be surprised if I get the arse.

And talking about worthwhile comments - "FFS I couldn't give a monkeys if the club make a statement or not" - like that you mean?

"Little snippets of bollox" - grow up, eh?

Time Gentlemen please

:lol:

Bollox :D

What's that on your shoulder... Oh...its a chip :D

Your unnesccary point scoring in this thread is the only thing that has pissed me off about you...

:laught16: Chip on my shoulder? I'm pretty sure that anybody who knows me via this board or who has met me would telly you that I'm probably the least likely person to have a chip on their shoulder about anything.

"Unnecessary point scoring"? So what's with the ':censored: stirring' jibe then? Who was :censored: stirring? Seems to me that a couple of fans, me included had voiced an opinion that we thought it odd the club hadn't commented on the closure of the window.

Seems to me there there was only one of us :censored: stirring.....................

:laught16: Chip on my shoulder? I'm pretty sure that anybody who knows me via this board or who has met me would telly you that I'm probably the least likely person to have a chip on their shoulder about anything.

"Unnecessary point scoring"? So what's with the ':censored: stirring' jibe then? Who was :censored: stirring? Seems to me that a couple of fans, me included had voiced an opinion that we thought it odd the club hadn't commented on the closure of the window.

Seems to me there there was only one of us :censored: stirring.....................

:lol:

Its like talking to the mentally unstable at times :)

Sling your hook... You can dish it but you cant take it... aka the chip :D

You know what, I give in. I can't believe I've been drawn into wasting however much of my day I've been on here arguing the toss with you. I thought myself and maskedowl had made valid points. Perhaps insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but valid none the less. You wanna jump all over them, take the piss, belittle, accuse people of being mentally unstable, then what the hell. Go ahead, knock yourself out.

In future I'll try remember not to waste my precious time.

Good day.

I am sure if the club had made a statement there would have been people calling for them to stop wasting time making statements and start preparing and concentrating on the game ahead.

Just a thought have people always over analysed every single detail that goes on at the club or is it just this cursed internet and its information overload which has created this culture?

There is no topic to get back on track with.. Just another excuses for people to have a pop and bitch :) and then they get arsey when you point it out to them :D

there was a topic until you put your worthless opinion in and turned it into something else. as ive seen on many other threads

there was a topic until you put your worthless opinion in and turned it into something else. as ive seen on many other threads

blah blah

Pointed out the rubbish you was posting and you dont like it...

Moaning because the club havent released a statement stating the obvious :)

I am sure if the club had made a statement there would have been people calling for them to stop wasting time making statements and start preparing and concentrating on the game ahead.

Just a thought have people always over analysed every single detail that goes on at the club or is it just this cursed internet and its information overload which has created this culture?

Definitely the internet which has led to a much higher level of expectancy of information. They'll be damned if they do and damned if they don't in the eyes of different people. I think had the weather thing not thrown doubt over the finality of the closure of the window last night, it wouldn't have been an issue.

blah blah

Pointed out the rubbish you was posting and you dont like it...

Moaning because the club havent released a statement stating the obvious :)

Do us all a favour and don't reply next time then. This was a harmless thread until you joined in.

Do us all a favour and don't reply next time then. This was a harmless thread until you joined in.

Still is harmless.

Some of us have thrown our hands in the air in exasperation at it being started and OAFC000 vented his frustration. No problem in that.

Leave it out now guys ...... back on topic

P.S sticking a :lol: in with posts doesn't stop in being personal

It has occured to me that any insult between two usernames is hardly personal.......but I'll save that argument for the next time I'm cautioned for calling 'RickyHoldensFloppyTrilby' an idiot.