Club Comment On Transfer Window?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im suprised neither Shez or the owners have made a comment about bringing DJ in or keeping Hughes and Taylor. Boundary Park wasn't exactly a hive of activity.

Should have been on the OS at 6am sharp. Appalling. Shez obviously didn't want Jones and refuses to comment. TTA speechless at Hughes still being here.

Absolute disgrce, everything an absolute disgrace.

No officials at club therefore no chance of interviews?

Just a thought :huh:

Hopefully Razza. I just think it's a bit peculiar. Surely Hardy or somebody could have phoned in (if he hasn't made it to the office) and said that the club were 'satisfied' with activity during the window and a full LW interview to foolow" or similar.

Perhaps it's just that Oldham fans come to expect the worst - as Prozac says, "OAFC -Kicking it's punters in the bollox since 1895" :wink:

ffs...

I couldn't give a monkey if the club make a announcement or not...

"The club are happy to announce that Lee Hughes will be staying and honouring the contract he signed"

I mean seriously, there is nothing to announce!!! No doubt any build up to the game will talk about how good it is that we have Lees services etc...

ffs...

I couldn't give a monkey if the club make a announcement or not...

"The club are happy to announce that Lee Hughes will be staying and honouring the contract he signed"

I mean seriously, there is nothing to announce!!! No doubt any build up to the game will talk about how good it is that we have Lees services etc...

I think it would be a good PR move for the club to be seen to be saying that they are glad to have retained the services of 2 players who thye feel will be integral to the push or promotion, and to have bolstered the squad by bringing in DJ.

Would you be equally happy should they announce that due to a delay in paperwork the sale of Hughes and/or Taylor to whichever club has gone through today, leaving us up the proverbial creek?

I think it would be a good PR move for the club to be seen to be saying that they are glad to have retained the services of 2 players who thye feel will be integral to the push or promotion, and to have bolstered the squad by bringing in DJ.

Would you be equally happy should they announce that due to a delay in paperwork the sale of Hughes and/or Taylor to whichever club has gone through today, leaving us up the proverbial creek?

Please explain what is the difference if I find that out RIGHT NOW or if I find that out tonight or tomoz ?? I have NO control over the situation...

The club officials are probably do more important things right now...

Why exactly would it be a good PR move? As ive said we know theyve stayed, we dont need to be told that and we all know that the clubs happy theyve stayed, weve heard enough through January about the club wanting the to stay etc. Lets forget all the speculation now and let them get there head down and get putting the performances in!

Plus, dont forget the window shut yesterday, and it is only half 11 ffs, give em chance, they might be intending to do an interview!

Edited by kellys_discopants

Hopefully Razza. I just think it's a bit peculiar. Surely Hardy or somebody could have phoned in (if he hasn't made it to the office) and said that the club were 'satisfied' with activity during the window and a full LW interview to foolow" or similar.

Perhaps it's just that Oldham fans come to expect the worst - as Prozac says, "OAFC -Kicking it's punters in the bollox since 1895" :wink:

Commenting on Hughes, I'm happy he's decided to stay until the end of the season, he's honoured his contract it's up to him what he does in the summer, at 33 he's entittled to try and get that last payday*. I'm not too fussed if we have lost out on £400k 'cos that was a pipe dream if we're honest and if we really needed the money others could be sold for much more money. Hope Taylor now gets out of Tart mode and starts winning us games again. Whilst centre-mid is a worry we've more chance of finishing top 6 with Taylor and Hughes than without. As for the possible return of KK, anything is better than the :censored:e whitaker has served up since October - even though my dislike of the lad (KK)has been well doculmented and I would still prefer KL or DS given a run. Pleased DJ has come back as despite his defensive faults the two crosses v Walsall alone have shown what we have been missing since his lay off!

I'm aware of the irony relating to my stance, Hughes vs Porter, but the latter well and truly shafted us. Hughes has only ever felt he's been 'on loan' to us in reality. Whereas I hope Porter burns in hell! although if slaphead gains two more bookings he will revert to being the anti-christ - Latics fan's right!

Please explain what is the difference if I find that out RIGHT NOW or if I find that out tonight or tomoz ?? I have NO control over the situation...

The club officials are probably do more important things right now...

All I said was that I thought it was odd. Peculiar. Slightly worrying 'perhaps', given Oldham fans leaning towards a well grounded pessimism. I think it would be good to know. Obviously you don't. Well bully for you.

Oh, and I don't think anybody is ":censored: staring" on here, though I can't be 100% sure, cos I'm exactly sure what ":censored: staring" is. Perhaps it's a Warrington 'hobby'?