The Dean Windass is officially a legend thread......

What did he say? Only saw the actual game

- How its good to finish a game not being out of breath

- Loved the banter with the crowd

- Said we had a good dressing room spirit

- He'll now play on til he's 69 in the sticks haha

- And told Mr Capello to call him if he needs a goalie against Spain :lol:

Edited by ste1987

Great performance from Windyass in the sticks today but to be fair more credit goes to the back four who kept Leicester at arms length and didn't put too much pressure on him. Thought all of them were magnificent.

Having said that, what on earth was Maher thinking of trying to attempt a backpass from where he was. He was nearer to the centre circle than the goal, and through good fortune we've got away with it. I reckon we'd have gone on to win that game had we not gotten our keeper sent off.

The clearance by Goulbourne was off the scale, we won virtually every header on the pitch, Hughes ran and ran and ran (AM I allowed to say that? :wink:) Smalley & Taylor covered miles and looked solid. Ratters and Maher (99%) did everything they could. Eardley looked at his best. Deanno gave that special something the minute he took charge of the green shirt. Lewi could have won it. Truly memorable.

Yeah it was one of those moments (shouting at the screen :wink: ) where if kicked a yard earlier it could have gone in.

Was it me or did he get down to his underpants at one point? Maybe that put Fryatt off

He certainly bent over right in front of him. Shudder!

It may seem perverse, but I think Fleming's sending off was the shot in the arm Deano needed. He's looked a little down over the last few games and results haven't really gone our way since he came. Hats off to the guy, he really put a shift in and the smile appeared back on his face.

Hopefully this will fire him onto a few of goals real soon.

Extracts from the Leicester Mercury's colour-blind reporter:

At one stage, nothing at the Leicester Comedy Festival could match the barminess of a dozen or so players trying to either force the ball into the net or clear it away as the 39-year-old in question, Dean Windass, charged around in his penalty area waving his arms like an apoplectic traffic warden.

At the other end, dome-headed Lee Hughes, the pantomime villain until Windass took his bow, looked particularly menacing, despite the Right Said Fred look in his "I'm too sexy for my green fluorescent shirt."

Oldham were under the cosh at times but, generally, warmed to the task of confronting the league leaders. A right-wing move by City ended abruptly because of a couple of misplaced passes and the travelling Latics' supporters wasted little time in offering a rendition of "Top of the league, you're having a laugh."

Oldham fans dubbed the veteran "England's No.1" after his heroics.

He's even more of a legend now. mentioning Saddleworth in his BBC blog on the homepage of the BBC sport LEague One. the other day, which I overlooked first time I saw it.

Mind you I don;t think he wwas entirely being compimentary about oldham.. !

Windass Saddleworth spot

And so instead of driving to Cottingham near Hull each morning for training, Windass heads for the M62 and travels towards Oldham, the home of his new club.

A proud Yorkshireman, Windass could not resist the observation that "once you get past Saddleworth it is like you are in a different country" but he is clearly enthused about his new challenge with the League One promotion candidates.