No keeper? is it before 12 we have to sign?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So it doesnt look like we will be getting a keeper, unless there is one at BP at the moment. Therefore would you go with Bell or Windass, i would seriously go with Windass if im being honest

I think it's 5 pm for the game next day, and 12 noon for evening ko the same day.

Well Bell obviously.

Windass is behind Lomax in terms of the outfield players anyway.

I guess it would be a little while before we get to know if we've signed anyone, but I think you've probably got to go with the kid for a single game.

I'm sure that you can sign goalies on an emergency loan so don't believe there is a deadline of midday - just hope that we don't end up with a liability between the sticks :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

Ah right, agreed i dont want to end up with Bell in net, thats why i said i would prefer Windass

On another thread, I heard that Alan Hardy is in London today - this is probably to try and temp Almunia or Cuddicini to come back up North with him.

If he fails in his attempt to get us some keeper coverage, will there be a plea for fans to arrive at the ground tomorrow morning to shovel snow ON TO the pitch before the ref's inspection?

On another thread, I heard that Alan Hardy is in London today - this is probably to try and temp Almunia or Cuddicini to come back up North with him.

If he fails in his attempt to get us some keeper coverage, will there be a plea for fans to arrive at the ground tomorrow morning to shovel snow ON TO the pitch before the ref's inspection?

No because Fleming will be banned for Yeovil

Ah right, agreed i dont want to end up with Bell in net, thats why i said i would prefer Windass

Have you seen the kid Bell to be so against him playing? Granted he has no experience, but he's been receiving top notch training and hes going to have to make the step up at some point. Windass was a brick wall in net against Leicester but that was a mixture of good fortune and adrenaline i expect. He said himself in his blog he didnt have a clue when or when not to come out with corners so to suggest him in net over Bell is strange to say the least.

Have you seen the kid Bell to be so against him playing? Granted he has no experience, but he's been receiving top notch training and hes going to have to make the step up at some point. Windass was a brick wall in net against Leicester but that was a mixture of good fortune and adrenaline i expect. He said himself in his blog he didnt have a clue when or when not to come out with corners so to suggest him in net over Bell is strange to say the least.

I have visions of him being from the same mould as David Miskelly, possibly the worst highly rated keeper there ever was

I have visions of him being from the same mould as David Miskelly, possibly the worst highly rated keeper there ever was

We should be alright then, I doubt Gregan would go down if tackled by Bell like Armstrong did when Miskelly floored him. That was Miskelly wasn't it? Bell will just bounce right off :grin:

Edited by alwaysablue

Give Bell ago... Why the hell not... Great experience for him...

Exactly! I know Shez is a bit prone to the old square peg round hole method of team selection but, if he was to put an outfield player in goal as opposed to Bell, I would be absolutely astonished! And imagine what it would do to young Bell's confidence / development.......

Exactly! I know Shez is a bit prone to the old square peg round hole method of team selection but, if he was to put an outfield player in goal as opposed to Bell, I would be absolutely astonished! And imagine what it would do to young Bell's confidence / development.......

I remember a certain Paul Gerrard making his debut and he had a fine career... Remember similar comments about him being made...

I saw Josh Bell in a few FA Youth Cup games last season and there was nothing from his performances then to suggest that he couldn't handle one league game at this stage of his career. He made a number of good saves and even saved a couple of pens in a shoot-out. With Gregan and Hazell to protect him I don't think it would be a major problem.

I saw Josh Bell in a few FA Youth Cup games last season and there was nothing from his performances then to suggest that he couldn't handle one league game at this stage of his career. He made a number of good saves and even saved a couple of pens in a shoot-out. With Gregan and Hazell to protect him I don't think it would be a major problem.

Some would argue its a perfect opportunity considering the quality in the side...