BREAKING NEWS ;O)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed...

Whats the issue here ? If she is good enough why the hell not...

Best women player in the world...I reckon lets have it :D

Its not our decision to make though is it... its the FA's, and in turn UEFA/FIFA...

Its like saying "Oh sod it, lets play 15 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers in the next game" Brilliant, that will be fun, and it might make us better.

Its sodding irrelevant. Its against the rules.

Fifa's executive committee said that "there must be a clear separation between men's and women's football".

WHY ?

This is laid down in league football and in international matches by the existence of gender-specific competitions, and the Laws of the Game and Fifa's regulations do not provide for any exception

Oh, well that really explains why...dont you really mean your sexist pigs...

I think this highlights, not for the first time and not for the last time, the sexism within sport...

It wasn't to be done with the intention of signing her, it was to be done for the TV and no doubt a study, to see if the (a) top woman footballer could compete with her hairier counterparts.

I don't think we would have been turned into a laughing stock and as someone has said, she's got to look better in that pink than mssrs Gregan, windy and Hughes :lol:

Unless of course she slides in for her first challenge and her cock and balls drop out :Thailand:

Its not our decision to make though is it... its the FA's, and in turn UEFA/FIFA...

Its like saying "Oh sod it, lets play 15 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers in the next game" Brilliant, that will be fun, and it might make us better.

Well the rules are wrong... Why you showing respect for rules that are out dated and no doubt illegal if challenged...

Edited by oafc0000

I agree it is unlikely to happen, but the rules are not an issue. They are of an age gone by. I would say they would be overturned in a matter of minutes.

Again, if not, we would make alot of money out of the court proceedings.

Would people really have an issue with one of our best players being a woman, which she would be?

I agree it is unlikely to happen, but the rules are not an issue. They are of an age gone by. I would say they would be overturned in a matter of minutes.

Again, if not, we would make alot of money out of the court proceedings.

Would people really have an issue with one of our best players being a woman, which she would be?

I cant work out whats the fundlemental issue with girls playing with boys ??

Physical ? Bollox...

Strength ? Bollox...

Skill ? Bollox...

The fact she is a women...yes....

Im sorry if that brings me to think its just sexism...

We denie them the oppotunity of earning really good money...in any other industry that would be field day in court...

If girls werent seperated with boys from what is it, 10/11 ?, I firmly think that these girls would continue to progress in the same manner as the boys do...

When you think taht Chris Taylor and Cristiano Ronaldo can't stay on their feet for more than a few seconds at a time, what chance the averagely much shorter and much lighter female player?

It simply isn't going to happen.

What a daft debate. I'm going to the pub.

Well the rules are wrong... Why you showing respect for rules that are out dated and no doubt illegal if challenged...

Because they are still the rules. Simple as.

My take is this. Next pre-season, get FA clearance, and play some women in a game - see if they can cut it. If they can, then lets discuss it.

I am honestly surprised no-one has challeged it - in any aspect of proffessional sport. I'd expect that men can earn massively more than women in most counts (unless you count Mia Hamm), so why hasnt a woman taken this to the high court if they think they are good enough to play?

I have my own thoughts, I would have thought if the women themselves wanted to challenge it, they would have done.

I cant work out whats the fundlemental issue with girls playing with boys ??

Physical ? Bollox...

Strength ? Bollox...

Skill ? Bollox...

The fact she is a women...yes....

Im sorry if that brings me to think its just sexism...

We denie them the oppotunity of earning really good money...in any other industry that would be field day in court...

Admit it-you've got a stiffy, haven't you?

Because they are still the rules. Simple as.

Then maybe we should still not have women sat in the members areas at cricket grounds...

Maybe women shouldnt expect to earn as much as men..

And they can f**k off if they think they are going to vote!

Edited by oafc0000

I know loads of young girls who are angry and upset from being denied the opportunity to play the game!!! What more evidence do you need... Pick up a paper, there are always stories related to the subject...

I know of a girl who is the second best player I have played with/against who would have made a decent chance of making it (in the end she probably wasn't big enough if it had have happened.). Although this is when Ladies football wasn't happening. Used to put a hat on her and play her in Sunday league.

It really is stupid that we are having this discussion at this point.

The term 'common sense' has now been replaced by 'sexism'

I'd have thought it is common sense to believe that girls of 13, 14, 15 and above should not be 'physically competing' at most combatitive sports with male counterparts of a same age, for a numbe of very obvious reasons. However if this is now classed as being sexist, well i guess i must be that then!

Reason for edit; Subtle word changes to lessen my chance of having a couple of the 'warriors' having a pop at me

Edited by futchers briefs

I know of a girl who is the second best player I have played with/against who would have made a decent chance of making it (in the end she probably wasn't big enough if it had have happened.). Although this is when Ladies football wasn't happening. Used to put a hat on her and play her in Sunday league.

It really is stupid that we are having this discussion at this point.

Don't say ladies-it's patronising.

Say girls instead.