BREAKING NEWS ;O)

The daily mail have a large article on us thismorning.

It states we were to sign and play the best woman footballer in the world but disguise her as a man.

She was from brasil, and was going to fly over soon, but for Alan Hardy putting a stop to the scheme when he finally conceeded that "it might bring ridicule to the club and the league". Apparently it was going to involve channel 4.

Theres a banner with a headline on the back page so i presume they consider it 'big news'

what a load of balls.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it April 1st ??

It quite funny really...mad...but funny...

We wouldnt of just ridicule the club and the legaue wouldnt it of broke rules and that would of added up to the brown stuff ? Isnt it against the rules for women to play ?

Edited by oafc0000

If this is true - and I sincerely hope it isnt, Mr Corney - you should be ashamed of yourself. Well done to Alan for putting a stop to it.

So... is this an explanation for the famous C4 documentary about us that never happened? Supposedly about the behind the scenes running of a lower league football club... actually about trying to find a club stupid enough to make themselves look like idiots on national TV?

Brilliant - if this is the type of :censored: that Shez has to put up with, then I have massive sympathy for him, and well done for all he has achieved in the face of it...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Is it?? So getting hit with and FA charge for bringing the game into disrepute, for a scheme against the wishes of Shez and Hardy, the brainchild of a PR Moron, is a good idea?

Rubbish. Think about it for once.

getting a bit upright about something that never happened :shock:

womans world cup, she was more skillful than anyone on our books :wink:

Is it?? So getting hit with and FA charge for bringing the game into disrepute, for a scheme against the wishes of Shez and Hardy, the brainchild of a PR Moron, is a good idea?

Would it really have come to that, in a meaningless preseason friendly? We've had clubs who have registered their 50 year old owners as players and brought them on in league games.

It would have made a interesting show and create alot of publicity, alas it didn't happen so stop getting upset about it.

Would it really have come to that, in a meaningless preseason friendly? We've had clubs who have registered their 50 year old owners as players and brought them on in league games.

It would have made a interesting show and create alot of publicity, alas it didn't happen so stop getting upset about it.

I agree - get off your high horse, BigFin.

Any game is still covered by FA regulations..... if someone headbutted someone you still get suspended, and if you field a girl you would still be bringing the game into disreptute. Registering a 50 year old is different, as long at they have testicles it is fine.

As you say - thank god it didnt happen. Answers a few questions about the mysterios documentary though... and also the fact that Mr Corney (god love him) still does not get what this game is all about, and how much taking the piss isnt really a good idea.

I agree - get off your high horse, BigFin.

Agree to disagree then? I'd bet you would be the first one to attack ou 'management' if we ended up with a point deduction or a fine?

Edited by BigfinLatic

Hold on. I'm going to agree with Coco for once. You are talking about the best female football player in the World. She isn't rubbish. It would get us media coverage in the right way for once and playing a player that is about the standard we already have. If not better.

I've watched a bit of the birds football and it isn't up front where they struggle (guffaw), it's at the back.

I would fully back this if it happened.

It does seem a story made up about nothing though.

If this is true - and I sincerely hope it isnt, Mr Corney - you should be ashamed of yourself. Well done to Alan for putting a stop to it.

So... is this an explanation for the famous C4 documentary about us that never happened? Supposedly about the behind the scenes running of a lower league football club... actually about trying to find a club stupid enough to make themselves look like idiots on national TV?

Brilliant - if this is the type of :censored: that Shez has to put up with, then I have massive sympathy for him, and well done for all he has achieved in the face of it...

Overreaction of the year ??

Overreaction of the year ??

Possibly. But the sentiment is still there. Fair enough,TTA want publicity, but I just cant see how stunts like this are the way. hey always make the club look like a bunch of tossers.

Brilliant. The club who are :censored:e enough a girl can play for them. Oh, and they now wear pink* :wink:

*which i fully support before someone take that the wrong way

Sorry, but I think it was all a load of balls, and never actually happened.

As much as Corney is innovative, he's not rediculously stupid.

Right. let's get a couple fo things straight.

The ladies football outside of goalkeeping is not poor. It is of a standard which we watch (when you are talking about the best players going).

Secondly, if the game went upon the disrepute way the lady in question would make millions out of the court proceedings.