BREAKING NEWS ;O)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt there a docy drama once about the first women to play in the mens leagues...finctional of course... or did I just dream it ?

I'd imagine it was the Perugia antics - the chairman who tried to sign a woman, plus colonel Ghedaffi (sorry Sp) son?

mentioned here - Fifa bans women from playing with men*

*EDIT: Ooo-er!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Women should be able to play...

If they are good enough and hard enough then why not... Rather look at some sweet arse than Gregans arse any how :D

2009 and we are still a bunch of sexist t**ts..
Which post were you being sarcastic in? :wink:

This story has to be a wind-up,surely? As tacky gimmicks go it's pretty imaginative,but Corney must have known it'd breach FA regulations,so it'd never happen.

speak for yourself you big girl

Well this thread don't look pretty. Alot of people talking about stuff they haven't seen and making nothing short of stupid judgements from what they haven't looked at. I would love our club to be the forward thinkers on this project. I think it would be nothing short of the best thing we have ever done.

Well this thread don't look pretty. Alot of people talking about stuff they haven't seen and making nothing short of stupid judgements from what they haven't looked at. I would love our club to be the forward thinkers on this project. I think it would be nothing short of the best thing we have ever done.

As you say, lots of things we dont know the full story to.

There is one missing step and I may agree with you - Contact the FA, make it legit, and get their full backing.

If it at all happened of course.

Edited by BigfinLatic

i forgot the winky thing, i would like the club to be forward thinkers but.......

i do think this we would go abit far.

if marta did play and a big centre half went through the back of her (leave it)

and she broke her leg, do we need that publicity???????

Wasnt there a docy drama once about the first women to play in the mens leagues...finctional of course... or did I just dream it ?

BBC play starting off with a scout watching parks footy when he sees a girl scoring a bagful. gets her a trial at Premier club and she wins them the league or something like that whilst sleeping with the chairman. Bit predictable but i still enjoyed it. Roxy of the Rangers possibly? Sure they played in blue and white hoops

I\m not against womens football, infact i think that it should get much more publicity. But this couldve dumped us straight in it. Fines, point deductions etc. couldve stopped any chance of promotion.

on a side note, does latics still have a ladies team? if so, areey any good?

I\m not against womens football, infact i think that it should get much more publicity. But this couldve dumped us straight in it. Fines, point deductions etc. couldve stopped any chance of promotion.

on a side note, does latics still have a ladies team? if so, areey any good?

I don't think we have a ladies team (although I stand to be corrected), but again, there is no way we would be punished for this. We, as well as the woman in question, would make millions from the discrimination case.

I don't think we have a ladies team (although I stand to be corrected), but again, there is no way we would be punished for this. We, as well as the woman in question, would make millions from the discrimination case.

Now that is an interesting question. Football (and sport in general) does seem to be exempt from normal employment law, however if this went to court (which it never would) could the case be defended by the FA to prevent women playing? It would effect the wole professional sport as we know it.

Firmly convinced it would never, ever happen.... however interesting.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I prefered the days when this club generated publicity by being...good at football.

I doubted this day would ever come :wink: but I am 100% with you Corp. Never has a truer word been spoken.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Putting some of your petty 'tittle tattle' to one side, i think the title of the topic sums this up..."You couldn't make it up"

Absolutely brilliant story.... after a week where 200 goal scorer Dean Windass, keeps a clean sheet for us at the runaway leaders...next comes the news that we are going to play one of our fiercest, heated rivals, Dirty Leeds in PINK and whilst live on SKY...and to end the week...we were nearly producing a tv programme, where we were going to 'disguise a brazilian bride as a bloke and stick her up front!! :ohno: Classic Latics.

BTW well done Mr Hardy :wink:

It could have been up there with an episode of Shameless!!

I'll have to take the odd deep breath here.

This is an incredilbly poor thread in that people are depending upon what they say ten years ago. I don't care if it is a publicity gimick. Lets face it, Lee Hughes was something along those lines and he's turned out alright. IF we sign the best female player in the World I would be delighted. This would be the biggest step forward our club has made. I just can't see why people are looking at this in a bad way. Plus the player would be better than Wolfy, Alice (and I'm a big fan of his), and a few others we currently have.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'll have to take the odd deep breath here.

This is an incredilbly poor thread in that people are depending upon what they say ten years ago. I don't care if it is a publicity gimick. Lets face it, Lee Hughes was something along those lines and he's tunrned out alrigh. IF we sign the best female player in the World I would be delighted. This would be the biggest step forward our club has made. I just can't see why people are looking at this in a bad way. Plus the player would be better than Wolfy, Alice (and I'm a big fan of his), and a few others we currently have.

Agreed...

Whats the issue here ? If she is good enough why the hell not...

Best women player in the world...I reckon lets have it :D