Hughes and "Shez".

Guest sheridans_world
Wonder WHY????

John Sheridan - played 144 games scoring 14 goals for latics, even came out of retirement to play for us again during that season. Has been a very high regarded coach at the club before being manager.

Taken latics to the playoff's as manager, finished 8th last season, currently in play-off places now.

Regardless of whether he should be sacked now, John Sheridan is a latics legend. He has given the club ten and a half years of loyal service.

Again, regardless of whether he should be sacked, John Sheridan has earned the respect.

Again, regardless of whether he should be sacked, John Sheridan has earned the respect.

I think you're spot on mate. Personally I think he's probably taken us as far as he can. But by the same token, if he hadn't arrived when we were well and truly in the mire then we'd have been spending the last decade swapping bragging rights with Rochdale or even Altrincham season upon season.

Well done Shez lad, see this season out and if it ain't to be then try your luck elsewhere. Certainly not a "f*** off!" from me.

Loyal Service?, He's ****** useless as a manager!

I think he wanted to be a ******* social worker not a professional football manager,

Working with the elderly, rehabilitating criminals back into society and dealing with dysfunctional people, He has it all in our squad.

I’ve never known such a bunch of misfits and has beens at one club!

We haven’t got a team mentality on the pitch just a ****** NHS waiting list for those needing Therapists!

Its getting that bad Fraser eagle are stopping doing the team coach next year and bloody ring and ride are taking over!

Sheridan take the hint **** off you Frank Gallagher Wannabe!

usual kneejerk reaction

After EVERYTHING that John Sheridan has done for this club, anyone who calls him a "f*****g prick" is a clueless w*nker.

The man is a legend. As a player, coach, and manager (really, we dont have many who have a better record).

Fair enough, that tonight was awful, and as the boss he will take a lot of flak. But also, people who should take a lot of the s**t are the 14 players who "played" in the second half tonight. They were godawful. No passion. Now effort. No movement off the ball. No creativity. No nothing. One bloke behind me shouted "Sheridan, get your boots on!". If he had there would have been a damn sight more effort on that pitch than that set of spineless tossers were showing tonight.

It wasnt good, and we all have a right to be annoyed, but John Sheridan is not a "f*****g prick".

Come on lads, this is no way to speak of one of our best and most loyal managers and coaches.... ever. So we're going through a low patch - albeit brief. All you lot quickly forget the heroic performances we put on display for the nation to see at Leicester!! And, I hope we'll repeat a similar determined performance, (although with a full compliment of players!!), against the scum from Leeds. Maybe we'll miss out on promotion, yet again, and the disappointment will be tangible throughout the town - yes, even the stay-at-home in my comfortable armchair, City/United (call themselves supporters!), brigade secretly want us to do well. But don't let it spill out into recriminations against the boss - I'm sorry, its the players who let us down, possibly disenchanted after playing in the splendid arena at the Walkers Stadium, to be repeatedly confronted by a mere 4000 fans at home, half of whom spend much of the match slagging of their 'victim-of-the-day' player. Get a life, you lot! Remember what persuaded you to support Oldham in the first place? It certainly wasn't guaranteed wins and consistent entertainment from world-class players. Get off Shez's back cos I know he'll be his own worst critic and doesn't need any more rebuffs to his confidence. Its more vital than ever now that we all get behind JS and the lads - make sure they know they've got our FULL support, whatever the outcome of occasional matches like last night.

Come on lads, this is no way to speak of one of our best and most loyal managers and coaches.... ever. So we're going through a low patch - albeit brief. All you lot quickly forget the heroic performances we put on display for the nation to see at Leicester!! And, I hope we'll repeat a similar determined performance, (although with a full compliment of players!!), against the scum from Leeds. Maybe we'll miss out on promotion, yet again, and the disappointment will be tangible throughout the town - yes, even the stay-at-home in my comfortable armchair, City/United (call themselves supporters!), brigade secretly want us to do well. But don't let it spill out into recriminations against the boss - I'm sorry, its the players who let us down, possibly disenchanted after playing in the splendid arena at the Walkers Stadium, to be repeatedly confronted by a mere 4000 fans at home, half of whom spend much of the match slagging of their 'victim-of-the-day' player. Get a life, you lot! Remember what persuaded you to support Oldham in the first place? It certainly wasn't guaranteed wins and consistent entertainment from world-class players. Get off Shez's back cos I know he'll be his own worst critic and doesn't need any more rebuffs to his confidence. Its more vital than ever now that we all get behind JS and the lads - make sure they know they've got our FULL support, whatever the outcome of occasional matches like last night.

Occasional?? Stockport aside, when was the last time we played well at home?

Northampton should have gone away with at least a point, and if Stockport had scored after two minutes instead of missing a sitter things could have been so different there too.

Leicester was the sort of performance a good manager would capitalise on, and use to instill more confidence, but that didn't happen.

Occasional?? Stockport aside, when was the last time we played well at home?

Northampton should have gone away with at least a point, and if Stockport had scored after two minutes instead of missing a sitter things could have been so different there too.

Leicester was the sort of performance a good manager would capitalise on, and use to instill more confidence, but that didn't happen.

not a chance - we murdered them - they were lucky not to go away with a 4-1!!

Last night was poo - but he picked what should've been a half decent that performed like tw*ts

Sure the attitude will change if we put one over Milwall adn Leeds.... as per usual. Our season has obvioulsy collapsed .... were 4th bottom and sliding towards League 2 obscurity

This is what makes me laugh about our fans. No, we're not aliding towards League 2 obscurity, but why accept the mediocre? We've done it for the last 15 years.

How many times have we heard " Sure the attitude will change if we put one over (insert your own)" . WHY? Time after time after time after time.

Consistency is the key said Shez. Well we've been consistently, uninspiringly inconsistent.

Bristol H

Swindon H

Hereford A

Orient H

Brighton H

Yeovil H

Yeovil A

All games where a team who have genuine promotion credentials could realistically expect to pick up the 3 points when you consider the league position of the respective opposition, yet we failed on every occassion.

We hit the woodwork and had 3 cleared off the line - THAT IS WHY WE COULD HAVE WON 4-1 - please !!!
I'm not disputing that - I said NT should have gone away with at least a point. They missed a sitter in injury time, and had us on the back foot for the last 10 minutes.

Last night's game should have been won in the 1st half for us but wasn't, so I aint gonna say we should have won 3-2, but the point I'm making is that the NT game could have been a different outcome if they'd hit the target.