floodlights

Is it true the floodlights at Boundary Park use to belong to Man City?

I've been told that when City redeveloped Main Road they sold Latics the floodlights because their new floodlights were built in the stands.

all I know is that they used to have bucket collections in order to help pay for them

Is it true the floodlights at Boundary Park use to belong to Man City?

I've been told that when City redeveloped Main Road they sold Latics the floodlights because their new floodlights were built in the stands.

No. They were brand new when first used against Burnley .

all I know is that they used to have bucket collections in order to help pay for them

Indeed. And before the worries of too much Health & Safety a blanket used to be carried round the pitch at half time and the crowd threw coins in . I remember being hit on the back of the head by one when I was sat on the railing!

(that was when coins had real value....proper shillings and pence ....)

PS We were the last League club in Lancashire to have floodlights. Lack of ambition, going nowhere, Oh my Corp Jones where were you in 1961?

Edited by LaticsPete

Indeed. And before the worries of too much Health & Safety a blanket used to be carried round the pitch at half time and the crowd threw coins in . I remember being hit on the back of the head by one when I was sat on the railing!

(that was when coins had real value....proper shillings and pence ....)

Did you keep it or did you throw it in? :grin: