ST holders tommorow

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with Leeds getting the whole end. I think that based on sales then the chaddy end has more than enough spare seats for the RRE ST holders. As such the club should have allocated that amount of chaddy end tickets to the RRE ST holders for exchange on the gate. The remaining tickets are for open sale at the ticket office only. I really think it should have been that simple and failure to do so is potentially double selling tickets.

I hope I do get it sorted and some scrote who can't be bothered watching Bristol on Tuesday night isn't holding a ticket I should be holding which is my fault up to a point, but only up to a point.

But it's not that simple. I don't want to sit in the Chaddy so opted for the main stand lower. How do you account for people who want to do that? You can't work out how many tickets you would need to have on the gate.

Yes I signed a contract to be moved and no problem. I didn't sign a contract to have it double sold if I don't visit the ticket office.

The club doesn't have to know and that is weak. This is no different to moving to the small end of the RRE. The only difference is they move us all to the chaddy end spare seats.

I remeber celebration sunday when regulers got stung by freeloaders. This is no different imho.

Edited by Max Damage

Not all want to move to the chaddy though. You've known about this for a few weeks it is easy enough to have sorted in a number of ways if you had just took 5 minutes.

but to be fair - regardless of all this "it takes 5 minutes". If you loyally buy a product of the company you choose and then half way through, you have to 'swop' your purchase, because the company receive a more 'lucrative' offer, you would be quite within your rights to be peed off - regardless of being given notice.

Can you imagine signing up for a 12 month mobile phone contract and then after 3months and 9 months you have to give it back for a week, as a bigger paying customer wants it for the week......it's not on really!

for those who don't want to move to the chaddy. That argument makes no sense. I don't want to move to the small RRE but I have agreed to do when I bought the ticket after haveing a great seat in the old stand now demolished. What I did not agree to is too have it sold on if I don't go to the ticket office wheen the whole RRE is made all away, and especially when there is enough room in the chaddy for all RRE ST holders

The single largest reason I bought 3 season tickets for me and the lads is because getting too the ticket office for match tickets is a nightmare

Edited by Max Damage

for those who don't want to move to the chaddy. That argument makes no sense. I don't want to move to the small RRE but I have agreed to do when I bought the ticket after haveing a great seat in the old stand now demolished. What I did not agree to is too have it sold on if I don't go to the ticket office wheen the whole RRE is made all away, and especially when there is enough room in the chaddy for all RRE ST holders

The single largest reason I bought 3 season tickets for me and the lads is because getting too the ticket office for match tickets is a nightmare

You shouldn't have to justify yourself. You have paid for a product and expect/deserve that to be upheld. When not, the company(OAFC) should do everything to accommodate you with as little expense/inconvenience as possible.

Unfortunately that doesn't happen. A message is posted on the internet or in the rarely wrong and you have to go out of your way to change tickets .....welcome to the world of modern football!!

You shouldn't have to justify yourself. You have paid for a product and expect/deserve that to be upheld. When not, the company(OAFC) should do everything to accommodate you with as little expense/inconvenience as possible.

Unfortunately that doesn't happen. A message is posted on the internet or in the rarely wrong and you have to go out of your way to change tickets .....welcome to the world of modern football!!

He paid for a product and was made fully aware before he handed over his hard earned of the possibilty of having to be relocated.

Jeez...do really begrudge the club trying to generate extra income ???????????????????????????????????

He paid for a product and was made fully aware before he handed over his hard earned of the possibilty of having to be relocated.

Jeez...do really begrudge the club trying to generate extra income ???????????????????????????????????

Not at all. But he has the right in my book, to be a bit peed about it.

As for handing over his hard earned - do the club really do themselves many favours when it comes to people buying s t next season, when fans are inconvenienced for being loyal? All for the sake of an extra few thou whenever they can get it. I think in the long term it's very damaging!

Not at all. But he has the right in my book, to be a bit peed about it.

As for handing over his hard earned - do the club really do themselves many favours when it comes to people buying s t next season, when fans are inconvenienced for being loyal? All for the sake of an extra few thou whenever they can get it. I think in the long term it's very damaging!

Is it feck damaging in the long-term...most Latics fans are pretty reasonable, believe it or not, and would not begrudge the club for making them move stands once or twice a season so they can bring in a bit more cash.

I would understand if it were, say, a team like Stockport, and they were going to bring a couple of hundred more than the big part of the RRE so the club gave them the whole RRE...then I would think it would be a bit of a pisstake for the club to inconvenience fans and make them move to a totally different stand just so they could sell a couple of hundred more tickets BUT this is Leeds who will definitely bring 4,000....you cannot expect OAFC to turn away that sort of extra income.

Is it feck damaging in the long-term...most Latics fans are pretty reasonable, believe it or not, and would not begrudge the club for making them move stands once or twice a season so they can bring in a bit more cash.

I would understand if it were, say, a team like Stockport, and they were going to bring a couple of hundred more than the big part of the RRE so the club gave them the whole RRE...then I would think it would be a bit of a pisstake for the club to inconvenience fans and make them move to a totally different stand just so they could sell a couple of hundred more tickets BUT this is Leeds who will definitely bring 4,000....you cannot expect OAFC to turn away that sort of extra income.

I don't expect anything from OAFC like that - I'm merely saying that i understand his feelings of being peeved with the club and if Latics were doing such a grand job on the ticket front and offering 'value for money', then i'm sure there may be more than 3'500 season ticket holders each year (which despite another promising season, seems unlikely to massively improve next year!)

Yes I signed a contract to be moved and no problem. I didn't sign a contract to have it double sold if I don't visit the ticket office.

The club doesn't have to know and that is weak. This is no different to moving to the small end of the RRE. The only difference is they move us all to the chaddy end spare seats.

I remeber celebration sunday when regulers got stung by freeloaders. This is no different imho.

I missed Celebration Sunday and was pretty pissed off about it, particularly when the result came in! However this is different. I just can't grasp where you're getting this 'double sold' gripe from? You sort of explained it further up the thread by explaining 'double sold' to mean 'twice collected' (I think) but that explanation doesn't seem to quite fit anymore. If you don't go and swop your ST for a replacement match ticket then your potential replacement ticket will be unused and there will be an empty seat which has been paid for just the once (by you).

If you devoted your time spent on this thread to ringing the club about it then I reckon you'd have it sorted by now mate, no danger.

If you aren't happy with having to move then why did you buy a season ticket in the RRE?! You could have had one in the Main Stand or the Chaddy End and not had this problem.

They gave an extra discount on the season ticket and told you might have to move in some games. The Leeds fixture has been advertised for a month.

Perhaps the club could have posted a match ticket out to the season ticket holders inconvenienced? It's then upto the ticket holder to decide what he or she wants to do.

You were told this situation may arise before you purchased a ST for the Rocky.

You've had a month to sort out transferring your ticket.

It's an inconvenience to those with STs in the Rocky, especially if you've got a full-time job and a family and precious little spare time, but surely nobody can begrudge the club trying to maximise income...surely ?!

They told us (without consultation) that we may need to be moved from the Large to the Small section of the RRE, but not that we'd be kicked out of the whole end.

I am watching from the pub.

but to be fair - regardless of all this "it takes 5 minutes". If you loyally buy a product of the company you choose and then half way through, you have to 'swop' your purchase, because the company receive a more 'lucrative' offer, you would be quite within your rights to be peed off - regardless of being given notice.

Can you imagine signing up for a 12 month mobile phone contract and then after 3months and 9 months you have to give it back for a week, as a bigger paying customer wants it for the week......it's not on really!

depends wether the phone contract said 'if a bigger customer wants your phone for a week, you have to give it them'

if it did then youd have no cause for complaint, rather like right now on this subject. :wink:

They told us (without consultation) that we may need to be moved from the Large to the Small section of the RRE, but not that we'd be kicked out of the whole end.

I am watching from the pub.

And that for the games where we move to the smaller side, we don't actually need to go to the club to exchange tickets. I can see how some people are a bit annoyed by that.

And that for the games where we move to the smaller side, we don't actually need to go to the club to exchange tickets. I can see how some people are a bit annoyed by that.

I am quite miffed that it makes me feel like the club think "we are down to our true hardcore fan base. We can do pretty much anything to them and they'll stil keep coming back for more regardless."

Take the Carling Gate Scandal in the RRE - not only are the club selling plastic bottles of out of date Carling, but someone obviously has the job of scratching the Best Before End date off the bottles.

I have not asked for a refund of what I have paid for the ticket in relation to the Season Ticket price, but the club can do without my support tonight, afterall, they seem to apply more value to Leeds fans than they do their own Season Ticket holders.

Get a grip and stop acting like spoilt kids. OK, it wasn't expected that any team would have the entire RRE but it has happened and I think with good reason. There would be more Leeds fans trying to get into home areas (with success I may add) and the club are maximusing potential revenue. There was plenty of notice given and ample opportunity to sort yourselves out. Like some fella pointed out, he lives 70 miles away and sorted it out via post.

The moaning, crying, winging and bleating about all this is to be quite honest, ludicrous. Stop being so fecking precious and get behind the boys tonight.

And I'm certainly not using that poxy 'rant off' emoticon.

Get a grip and stop acting like spoilt kids. OK, it wasn't expected that any team would have the entire RRE but it has happened and I think with good reason. There would be more Leeds fans trying to get into home areas (with success I may add) and the club are maximusing potential revenue. There was plenty of notice given and ample opportunity to sort yourselves out. Like some fella pointed out, he lives 70 miles away and sorted it out via post.

The moaning, crying, winging and bleating about all this is to be quite honest, ludicrous. Stop being so fecking precious and get behind the boys tonight.

Spot on. I really do think that Latics generally do their best, the stories I hear from mates who support Prem league clubs just show how lucky we actually are.

Who is moaning, crying, winging (?) and bleating?

I am not going, simple. It is my voice and I am taking it home. End of story.

It is probably worth letting everyone else know that as you sit in the Main Stand, this doesn't affect you.

Who is moaning, crying, winging (?) and bleating?

I am not going, simple. It is my voice and I am taking it home. End of story.

It is probably worth letting everyone else know that as you sit in the Main Stand, this doesn't affect you.

Which is why I selected the main stand (paddock). Along with preferring to see the offside decisions and being side-on.

But it just looks pathetic, and when people simply accuse the club of devaluing supporters because they aren't deemed to go the extra mile (when in fact they've done what they can) is ridiculous.

When you've stopped being divas about it, let us know.

Which is why I selected the main stand (paddock). Along with preferring to see the offside decisions and being side-on.

But it just looks pathetic, and when people simply accuse the club of devaluing supporters because they aren't deemed to go the extra mile (when in fact they've done what they can) is ridiculous.

When you've stopped being divas about it, let us know.

I also prefer to see side on, and also like to have a beer at half time and sit without wrecking my knees on the back of the seat in front. I don't really have any options that would give me what I used to have in the Ford stand.

Why we didn't set up some temporary seats in what was the paddock (like Blackpool) is beyond me - it is great seeing the opposition get soaked.

temp stand too expensive for one game, or would go unused most of the time

I'd have it there all the time and only move ST holders from large to small section of RRE when necessary taking into account the additional seating in the old paddock