ST holders tommorow

hey all, i'm new here :)

anyway - my mate reckons that as a ST holder, i still need to get a ticket from the ticket office for the game tommorow - at no cost, just to have a ticket to hand in.

I've told him he's wrong - surley just the season ticket book is enough?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway - my mate reckons that as a ST holder, i still need to get a ticket from the ticket office for the game tommorow - at no cost, just to have a ticket to hand in.

depends if your season ticket is for rre or chaddy end....

rre had to go to club to exchange for a ticket in the chaddy end..

i would ring the club first thing if i was you just to make sure.

If you are a ST holder in RRE, then you must get a free transfer to other parts of the ground, as the whole of RRE is given over to Leeds fans. So, yes, in that case you do need a separate ticket, and if you don't have one yet, it will be in Chaddy End as the main stand is sold out. But you must go to the ticket office tomorrow - your RRE season ticket book won't get you in. I suggest you get there early to avoid the queue and in case they sell out.

If you're a ST holder in other stands, then of course you can enter with your ST book and occupy your usual seat.

Edited by Fyldelatic

If you are a ST holder in RRE, then you must get a free transfer to other parts of the ground, as the whole of RRE is given over to Leeds fans. So, yes, in that case you do need a separate ticket, and if you don't have one yet, it will be in Chaddy End. But you must go to the ticket office tomorrow - your RRE season ticket book won't get you in. I suggest you get there early to avoid the queue and in case they sell out.

If you're a ST holder in other stands, then of course you can enter with your ST book and occupy your usual seat.

im not 100% but i dont think tickets are on sale tomorrow.

Yes they are, according to Friday's club announcement.

But they can sell out long before ko, and then even RRE season ticket holder can't get one.

I'm in the main stand paddock so i'll be ok.....

i'll kill him for winding me up!

I have a rre season ticket and haven't transferred it. Why the hell should I have to? I should have checked but the clubs has no right to sell more tickets than needed. they know how many season tickets there are and they know the ground capacity so it ain't rocket science. I cannot get to the ticket office tomorrow so if I can't get in I will be seriously hacked off and personally should be owed the match money back

I have a rre season ticket and haven't transferred it. Why the hell should I have to? I should have checked but the clubs has no right to sell more tickets than needed. they know how many season tickets there are and they know the ground capacity so it ain't rocket science. I cannot get to the ticket office tomorrow so if I can't get in I will be seriously hacked off and personally should be owed the match money back

You're not wrong.

I have a rre season ticket and haven't transferred it. Why the hell should I have to?

Because it was sold on the basis that this sort of situation might arise. Leeds could be deemed to be a 'big' game before the season started.

Make a phone call, I'm sure the club will co-operate with you.

But don't blame them for this.

I can understand your frustration. But for your own benefit of not wanting to miss out on a huge game I'd suggest you give them a call first thing tomorrow morning and explain your situation and ask them to put one aside for you to collect upon arrival at the game.

I can't say for 100% they will but I don't see any harm in trying.

Just to put things in perspective, the Club announced its arrangements on 29th January and there have been three home games since then.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/HomeT...1537310,00.html

I'll give them a call but the situation is bull due to the fact that they know the numbers. The fact of the matter is they are trying to double sell match tickets!!!!!!! Once the spare tickets are sold the rest of the seats are for season tickets with the option to transfer it for a numbered seat at the ticket office with the tickets left sent to the chaddy end turnstiles to be given out when ST holders come through. Very simple, very obvious, but no chance of double selling match tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

As for picking tickets up I work full time and my lad who comes with us is at football training from 6.15pm to 7.30pm so I can only get some then.

At the weekends both my lads play Sat and sun league and I coach diving making it very dificult to get there. In fact almost impossible based on the opening times.

Edited by Max Damage

I'll give them a call but the situation is bull due to the fact that they know the numbers. The fact of the matter is they are trying to double sell match tickets!!!!!!! Once the spare tickets are sold the rest of the seats are for season tickets with the option to transfer it for a numbered seat at the ticket office with the tickets left sent to the chaddy end turnstiles to be given out when ST holders come through. Very simple, very obvious, but no chance of double selling match tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

As for picking tickets up I work full time and my lad who comes with us is at football training from 6.15pm to 7.30pm so I can only get some then.

At the weekends both my lads play Sat and sun league and I coach diving making it very dificult to get there. In fact almost impossible based on the opening times.

And I live 70 miles away and sorted it by post. Get a grip!

You were told this situation may arise before you purchased a ST for the Rocky.

You've had a month to sort out transferring your ticket.

It's an inconvenience to those with STs in the Rocky, especially if you've got a full-time job and a family and precious little spare time, but surely nobody can begrudge the club trying to maximise income...surely ?!

Yard Dog Selling tickets beyond the capacity - ST holders is double selling seats. their excuse for doing it is ST holders need to come and sort out a ticket at BP they sorted out 8 months ago which is not good eough imho.

Ground capacity - RRE - ST sales = Available tickets for sale

Ground Capacity - RRE = double selling ST seats

If ST holders can all fit in the small RRE end when Leicester are there then they could all have fit in the chaddy end when Leeds are there and it is on live TV

Yard Dog Selling tickets beyond the capacity - ST holders is double selling seats. their excuse for doing it is ST holders need to come and sort out a ticket at BP they sorted out 8 months ago which is not good eough imho.

Ground capacity - RRE - ST sales = Available tickets for sale

Ground Capacity - RRE = double selling ST seats

If ST holders can all fit in the small RRE end when Leicester are there then they could all have fit in the chaddy end when Leeds are there and it is on live TV

I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't call it 'double selling'.

I understand it's a big inconvenience in your case, but to expect Latics to only give Leeds 2,700 and miss out on revenue from another 1,800 tickets is, erm, for want of a better word, silly - sorry, just my opinion. We know how tight things are at Latics - we need all the income we can get...especially when you have poor attendances like 3,800 creeping in.

I hope you manage to sort out a ticket mate.

I have no issue with Leeds getting the whole end. I think that based on sales then the chaddy end has more than enough spare seats for the RRE ST holders. As such the club should have allocated that amount of chaddy end tickets to the RRE ST holders for exchange on the gate. The remaining tickets are for open sale at the ticket office only. I really think it should have been that simple and failure to do so is potentially double selling tickets.

I hope I do get it sorted and some scrote who can't be bothered watching Bristol on Tuesday night isn't holding a ticket I should be holding which is my fault up to a point, but only up to a point.

Edited by Max Damage

The £20 discount when you bought it?

By buying it, you effectively signed a contract that you'd move when asked, or not attend, and the club gave you a £20 discount, which they didn't have to, but did as a goodwill gesture!

Edited by JoeLatics