ST holders tommorow

part of the point in knocking the stand down though was to save on matchday costs

No bar, only one level etc, would mean a reduction in cost. Also, much of the cost of the Ford stand towards the end of its life was due to maintenance, not staffing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite miffed that it makes me feel like the club think "we are down to our true hardcore fan base. We can do pretty much anything to them and they'll stil keep coming back for more regardless."

Take the Carling Gate Scandal in the RRE - not only are the club selling plastic bottles of out of date Carling, but someone obviously has the job of scratching the Best Before End date off the bottles.

I have not asked for a refund of what I have paid for the ticket in relation to the Season Ticket price, but the club can do without my support tonight, afterall, they seem to apply more value to Leeds fans than they do their own Season Ticket holders.

A supporter [ would be there tonight unless there were genuine difficulties preventing him/her attending. Everything else is defensive self-justification.

Edited by LaticsPete

A supporter [ would be there tonight unless there were genuine difficulties preventing him/her attending. Everything else is defensive self-justification.

I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else. I have travelled the length and breadth of the country and supported Latics (vocally and financially) for over 30 years.

The fact of the matter is that I aint going and I don't feel the love from the club at the moment regarding this issue. It doesn't mean that I am going to stop going altogether, but you know what?

If I don't want to go, I don't have to.

I am quite miffed that it makes me feel like the club think "we are down to our true hardcore fan base. We can do pretty much anything to them and they'll stil keep coming back for more regardless."

I have not asked for a refund of what I have paid for the ticket in relation to the Season Ticket price, but the club can do without my support tonight, afterall, they seem to apply more value to Leeds fans than they do their own Season Ticket holders.

I can understand your frustration Rick, I really can, but I think you are wrong, or taking the wrong course of action. It matters not a jot to the club financially (save for the price of a pie and a couple of beers or whatever - and the club don't make much out of that anyway) whether you turn up or not. You've paid for your ticket, and they can't sell it again so your 'seat' (wherever that may be) stays empty.

However, on a matchday, it's not the 'club' or the owners or Hardy or whoever that benefits from your vocal support, it's the players, and lets face it, the decision to shift the RRE lot into the other 2 stands has nowt to do with them does it?

It's your right to vote with your feet, and as I say I can totally understand your frustration, but the only ones who will ultimately lose out will be the players and yourself. Why not write the club a strong worded letter explaining your grievance and the way you feel. Hell, why not go down and give Hardy the hairdryer treatment, but don't stay away and deny the lads the vocal support that might just be the difference tonight.

Edited by danoafc

I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else. I have travelled the length and breadth of the country and supported Latics (vocally and financially) for over 30 years.

I don't think anyone can deny you that Rick, most certainly not me. But essentially your main beef sounds like you've never truly got over not being able to have a beer at half time in a warm bar, rather than the club mistreating fans.

And this is akin to behaving somewhat childish in my humble opinion. Like you say, it's your ball, and you're taking it home.

Mind you, according to the Chron, there's 1,500 tickets still left unsold, so it seems there's a few more Latics fans taking the stubborn "it's not fair" stance too.

I can understand your frustration Rick, I really can, but I think you are wrong, or taking the wrong course of action. It matters not a jot to the club financially (save for the price of a pie and a couple of beers or whatever - and the club don't make much out of that anyway) whether you turn up or not. You've paid for your ticket, and they can't sell it again so your 'seat' (wherever that may be) stays empty.

However, on a matchday, it's not the 'club' or the owners or Hardy or whoever that benefits from your vocal support, it's the players, and lets face it, the decision to shift the RRE lot into the other 2 stands has nowt to do with them does it?

It's your right to vote with your feet, and as I say I can totally understand your frustration, but the only ones who will ultimately lose out will be the players and yourself. Why not write the club a strong worded letter explaining your grievance and the way you feel. Hell, why not go down and give Hardy the hairdryer treatment, but don't stay away and deny the lads the vocal support that might just be the difference tonight.

Because I can't be arsed :grin:

I don't think anyone can deny you that Rick, most certainly not me. But essentially your main beef sounds like you've never truly got over not being able to have a beer at half time in a warm bar, rather than the club mistreating fans.

And this is akin to behaving somewhat childish in my humble opinion. Like you say, it's your ball, and you're taking it home.

Mind you, according to the Chron, there's 1,500 tickets still left unsold, so it seems there's a few more Latics fans taking the stubborn "it's not fair" stance too.

Never mind. I am sure you'll get over it

I really fail to see what people can't understand about what maxdamage is saying. The problem isn't the moving, we expected that at the start of the season, albeit only to the small section and not completely out of the stand which to my knowledeg we were never warned about. The problem comes with having to make an unnecessary trip to the ticket office, esepecially for those who don't live near Oldham. Yes, we have had plenty of time to do this, but to be honest I, like many others I guess, had assumed that exchanging the season ticket coupon for an actual ticket in another stand would not be required. I assumed that my season ticket would be valid in the other 2 stands on a first come first serve basis. They could have just said all RRE season tickets had to be used in the Chaddy and set aside the required number of seats to be used by the RRE'ers. Instead we have a situation where people are going to have THEIR seat sold to someone else who has decided to turn up to the biggest game of tyhe season and probably won't be seen again for a year. Now some people who have put themselves on a pedestal may be saying 'well its all money for the club' and bla bla bla, but that's all well and good when it isn't you who is basically getting nothing for the money they have already outlayed in advance out of loyalty to the club.

The RRE ST holders could confortably have fit in the chaddy with a behind the net view like they have already paid for along with the CE ST holders. This could have been done without any messing around exchanging tickets, the problem here is that the club haven't applied logic to the situation.

I've just spoken to the ticket office and if you still haven't exchanged your ticket for the RRE for one in the CHaddy, you can now do so on the turnsitle tonight. I was told the club had been forced to concede on this as so many hadn't exchanged yet. however, having said this they can still sell your ticket on a first come first serve basis regardless of the fact that you have already paid the club to attend this game. I asked about them setting aside the required number to prevent this but unfortunately they have no record of how many ST's have been exchanged, which is ridiculous. Bottom line, get there early and you should get in with your RRE ST on the turnstile.

I really fail to see what people can't understand about what maxdamage is saying...

I understood fully what he was saying. It's the childlike temper tantrum he seemed to throwing which I found a bit pathetic. As for not being able to get to the ticket office, people could have done it via post or before the THREE home games just gone. At the end of the day the club have tried to accomodate by telling S/T holders to get down early and exchange on the turnstile.

Just caught up on this thread and was lsing hope of many actually understanding the issue here so thanks you Leyland Latic and others for spelling it out.

To those who said why did I buy a RRE ticket, the answer is simple. I have 3 ST's. Mine and my 2 sons so the RRE was the only option after the broadway stand getting knocked down.

The club SHOULD HAVE announced all RRE season tickets will be relocated to the chaddy end with exchange available at the turnstyle. Instead they have tried to pull a fast one and double sell RRE season ticket holders tickets and that is how not to win friends and influence people.

My wife left work early today and has now exchanged my tickets as without that I had no chance since I get home at 6pm and my lad does footy training from 6.15pm to 7.30pm which he will have to leave a bit earlier from to get to the ground.

Edited by Max Damage

I understood fully what he was saying. It's the childlike temper tantrum he seemed to throwing which I found a bit pathetic. As for not being able to get to the ticket office, people could have done it via post or before the THREE home games just gone. At the end of the day the club have tried to accomodate by telling S/T holders to get down early and exchange on the turnstile.

Like I have already said though, I assumed the club would have sued common sense and allowed RRE ST holders to use their books on the turnstiles and save alot of unncessary hassle. I didn't hear any announcement that you needed to exchange your ticket at the matches (either because they didn't announce it on teh PA or because you can't hear it in the RRE anyway). The bottom line is, there were obvious ways around this but the club either didn't consider them or decided not to take them. Now we are left with a ridiculous situation where tickets that the loyal fans have already paid for, may be resold to people who turn up once maybe twice a season. I've already been to the ticket office to buy my ticket for this game, I shouldn't have to go again when there is clearly no real need.

The fact of the matter is that I aint going and I don't feel the love from the club at the moment regarding this issue. It doesn't mean that I am going to stop going altogether, but you know what?

If I don't want to go, I don't have to.

Stop moaning you big tart,at least my liver will get a rest for a couple of hours

Hmmmmmm.

Trying to think of a suitable reply.

Got it - idiot!

I will come and sit with you to impart my footballing knowledge you lucky thing.

:wink:

Great! So it's 105 minutes of piss and wind for me tonight then?! At least if Sav gets seats near us there should be some comedy value! :wink: