Pink Shirts to be made as Replicas

:rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to wonder; Why do they bother?

you just cant please everybody all of the time.....but he does have a valid point,how many junior blues are there that are girls??? just think of the money being lost.

this is where the club need to take the innitiative and stock shirts hats scarfs gloves furry dice etc etc all in this pink colour,donating a percentage to the link 4 pink charity.

They listened to the fans :shock:

Hopefully they will raise a lot more money now then they previously would have done. 2000 shirts with £10 going to charity is £20 grand which is a very good start.

You think we'll sell 2,000 shirts?!?!

You think we'll sell 2,000 shirts?!?!

Yeah, why not?

The ladies will most likely get in on the act as well as the blokes. A hardcore fan base of 4000ish (turn up whatever) and then probably around another 4-6000 fair weather fans (turn up when it suits/live miles away (myself included)). So I see no reason why we couldn't sell around 2000 shirts. Plus with it being for charity and a limited edition shirt it makes it even more collectable. I'm glad they are only taking pre-orders though. It would be a shame if we bought a load in and had surplus stock.

Yeah, why not?

The ladies will most likely get in on the act as well as the blokes. A hardcore fan base of 4000ish (turn up whatever) and then probably around another 4-6000 fair weather fans (turn up when it suits/live miles away (myself included)). So I see no reason why we couldn't sell around 2000 shirts. Plus with it being for charity and a limited edition shirt it makes it even more collectable. I'm glad they are only taking pre-orders though. It would be a shame if we bought a load in and had surplus stock.

:lol:

Limited Edition?

Even if you take your (exaggerated in my view) number of potential customers....

2000 shirts

4000 hardcore

6000 fair weather

2000 shirts shared by 10000 people would mean that 20% of these people would have a Limited Edition shirt that is every fifth person!

BTW, there is no way they'll sell that many

Limited Edition?

Even if you take your (exaggerated in my view) number of potential customers....

2000 shirts

4000 hardcore

6000 fair weather

2000 shirts shared by 10000 people would mean that 20% of these people would have a Limited Edition shirt that is every fifth person!

The pink shirts are available in junior sizes priced at £29.99. The site has been amended to reflect this.

However, infant sizes are not available.

Stu

OAFC

The pink shirts are available in junior sizes priced at £29.99. The site has been amended to reflect this.

However, infant sizes are not available.

Stu

OAFC

how many shirts do we usually sell? will the pink ones be going in spindles jd sports?

Limited Edition?

2000 shirts

4000 hardcore

6000 fair weather

Yes it is a limited edition. Why? Because only a limited number will be made, thus making it a limited edition. I didn't think that would have been hard to grasp.

Who's to say that 1 in 5 people (oh and now they have kids shirts as well, so that means I'll get one for me the wife and my daughter) won't buy one. This kit has had a lot of positive feedback for the club and has made news all over the world (New York Times). Even my mum said it would be a nice way of donating some money to charity and she doesn't even like football. When Hudderfield had a pink shirt a few season ago they sold out and had to make extra. Because it is different it caputres peoples imagination and they will want to buy it. Its not like this kit is just another kit, it is a one off and never to be worn again and something that will go down in the history of our club. For all those reason I would expect us to sell around about 2000 shirts.

Yes it is a limited edition. Why? Because only a limited number will be made, thus making it a limited edition. I didn't think that would have been hard to grasp.

Who's to say that 1 in 5 people (oh and now they have kids shirts as well, so that means I'll get one for me the wife and my daughter) won't buy one. This kit has had a lot of positive feedback for the club and has made news all over the world (New York Times). Even my mum said it would be a nice way of donating some money to charity and she doesn't even like football. When Hudderfield had a pink shirt a few season ago they sold out and had to make extra. Because it is different it caputres peoples imagination and they will want to buy it. Its not like this kit is just another kit, it is a one off and never to be worn again and something that will go down in the history of our club. For all those reason I would expect us to sell around about 2000 shirts.

I think you are being very optimistic. However time will tell - and a win tonight is likely to give more sales than a performance that people don't want to remember!

I think you are being very optimistic. However time will tell - and a win tonight is likely to give more sales than a performance that people don't want to remember!

Thats very true. Losing tonight would have an effect on the sales as would winning. So for charity's sake I think Leeds should roll over for us! :D

If they sold 2000 and still had demand then they'd make more so they could make more money for charity.

I am glad that there has been a lot of profile around this and that people want to buy them. I am not one of those people.

If they sold 2000 and still had demand then they'd make more so they could make more money for charity.

I am glad that there has been a lot of profile around this and that people want to buy them. I am not one of those people.

Yes if 2000 people bought a shirt and more wanted one they would make more. But they are making them to order. This is the reason it is a limited edition. They are not making 5000 shirts in the hope that they will sell all of them and being left with surplus stock. Every shirt made will have an owner. There has to be a cut off point with the chairty, they can't be giving cheques for £10 here and £30 there in 18 months time. All the money will likely be donated in a few months in a one off payment. After that there would be no need to make any more pink shirts ever again.

Edit: It would also seem that even Leeds fans appreciate what our club is trying to achieve. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F12777517?thr...588&show=50

Edited by millsy82