he is a young apprentis learning his trade...headless chicken my arse..he has the makings of a fine wingeer GIVEN TIME

his performance yesterday,was akin to his first proper start a few months ago,yes he may have looked like a headless chicken but what exactly did he have to aim for in the box,where was the movement in and around the penalty area for him to thread a ball through for someone.

on the whole he has been a revalation this season,finally proving most of his doubters wrong,and justifying if you choose to believe it the 250k price tag someone alledgedly offered...

he has a very good future in front of him if he is handled correctly and given the proper instruction and training methods.

The lad looked like our only threat on the pitch for the whole of the colchester game and most of the leeds game and he comes in for a slating. It's embarassing how bad he makes liddle look.

Keep going deane, you're a breath of fresh air to watch this season.

Runs around like a headless chicken and makes the worng decisions at the vital moments.

IMO he has huge potential but has alot to learn.

the lads young first proper season for him if u spent more time getting behind him instead of slating him may have more confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lad looked like our only threat on the pitch for the whole of the colchester game and most of the leeds game and he comes in for a slating. [b]It's embarassing how bad he makes liddle look. [/b] :)

:chubb:

Spot on. One of the few players at the moment who actually look like they want to win football matches. He literally is our only threat at the moment. The only player who looks to commit players, and one of the only players who even look like scoring at the moment.

First name on the teamsheet at the moment for me, and if he carries on playing like he has done for the past 6 games - he will be my player of the season.

The lad looked like our only threat on the pitch for the whole of the colchester game and most of the leeds game and he comes in for a slating. It's embarassing how bad he makes liddle look.

Liddell's delivery yesterday was a different class to what anyone else in the squad can deliver. There were 2 crosses in particular in the second half that were put just where you'd want them but there was no one commiting themselves to get into the box. If Smalley becomes half the player Liddell was he'll be lucky

Liddell's delivery yesterday was a different class to what anyone else in the squad can deliver. There were 2 crosses in particular in the second half that were put just where you'd want them but there was no one commiting themselves to get into the box. If Smalley becomes half the player Liddell was he'll be lucky

So, when Taylor's back next week you would pick Liddell ahead of smalley?

Perhaps I'd might actually enjoy that. Seeing him stood still as MK rip him to shreds might actually mean he gives up and does us all a favour.

The problem with Liddell, is that Smalley works his bollocks off for the whole game, defensively and attacking wise, covers the full backs, tracks his markers, and commits defenders.... and 90% of the fans dont notice him doing it.... because they are waiting for him to produce 2 pretty balls a game which you just admit went to Mr Invisible, whilst the rest of the team have to cover for his :censored:e positioning, lack of pace and sod-all involvement in the game. Bollocks. That isnt a justification for him being in the side. We need goal-threat, not powder-pufff captain pathetic.

But hey ho... I've lost any expectancy that shez will pick anywhere near to the best side available to him. 10 games left of Andy Liddell max - I can live with that. If we dont make the playoff the only bonus will be that Liddell will never bring his bilge to this team ever again, and w emigt actually make some progress into an exciting attacking football team.

DEANNNNOOOOO!

Smalley doesn't cause much of a goal threat. You'll now say he hit the post yeaterday, I will say he missed the target from 8 yards out.

I would pick Smalley above Liddell next week but the criticism Liddell gets is ridiculous. I thought he had a good game yesterday and provided more than Smalley

Smalley doesn't cause much of a goal threat. You'll now say he hit the post yeaterday, I will say he missed the target from 8 yards out.

I would pick Smalley above Liddell next week but the criticism Liddell gets is ridiculous. I thought he had a good game yesterday and provided more than Smalley

I presume you dont go to away games, or you have a very short memory. Last time I checked he scored against Millwall and Yeovil. Ans stockport before that. No goal threat. Yeah, totally agree on that one.

As for picking smalley - at least we agree on something. :) On the other hand I think the fact that some people defend Liddell is ridiculous. We should be embarrassed to see him on the teamsheet. Every single other promotion chasing side would be.

A lot of people have stated on here in the past that Liddell looks after the ball and never gives it away and now he puts the ball in the box where nobody was!!!

So if nothing came from these crosses, does the fault lie with:

Liddell for not looking at where his forwards where positioned?

or

The forwards for not seeing at that instance that Liddell was going to drop the ball in a free space devoid of blue shirts?

Edited by mikejh45

I reckon long term he might make it as a striker

Agreed Smalley will make a fine striker, he is good in air, mobile, has the pace to scare central defenders and strikes the ball well.

He just needs to add a little composure to his game and this should come with experience.

Edited by BP1960

Runs around like a headless chicken and makes the worng decisions at the vital moments.

IMO he has huge potential but has alot to learn.

The original poster, IMO, makes a good point. Smalley's got bags of potential but, due to inexperience, he often takes the wrong option at crucial times.

I presume you dont go to away games, or you have a very short memory. Last time I checked he scored against Millwall and Yeovil. Ans stockport before that. No goal threat. Yeah, totally agree on that one.

As for picking smalley - at least we agree on something. :) On the other hand I think the fact that some people defend Liddell is ridiculous. We should be embarrassed to see him on the teamsheet. Every single other promotion chasing side would be.

He is hardly prolific. Not sure on the correct stats but isn't liddell something like the joint top in our assists? Considering he hasn't played so much that is a good achievement.

My problem with Smalley is that he often runs down dead ends. He needs to learn, and I know that may take time but he seems to be the same player now as he was at the start of the season. I personally think people just like his pace.