The fallout from the dogs incident SHOULD be...

he may or may not have been involved he may or may not have been splitting a fight up.

we shall have to wait and see

but he is responsible for team discipline on and off the field

i would imagine his job was or is hanging by a thread due to poor performances on the field and his seeming inability to get a good group of players playing as a team.

if the club find that he couldnt control his players on official club outing then he is in breech of his contract,if the club then turn round and say sorry,but you have to go,and they pay his contract up,its nothing to do with the lma

he is gone in the summer anyways i would imagine...so would it be better to get rid now and give someone a chance to rescue the season over the next ten games???

He might be the manager but he cant sit in a corner with a cane in his hand and anyone who steps out of line he bends them over his knee!! i dont buy into were HE is responcable for OTHER peoples behaviour. There is some very experienced players in our squad who have been in the game a long time and are old enough to know better! But i suppose if corney is after an excuse for getting rid then this is it. IMO he wont be going anywere till the summer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been in the "Shez out" camp - quite the opposite.

I've nothing against people having a few beers either, or even a few too many, and any firm or team contains clashing personalities and people who just don't like each other. However, getting :censored:ted on a week night, on the grounds that "we're in a decent position in the league", even though we're not, and then losing on the Saturday to a bunch of bums, is well beyond the pale.

Not Shez out yet, but the tide is turning.

So his "rehabilitation to society" should mean he lives the life of a monk? There's so many contradictions in that idea I'm not sure where to start!

Not getting pissed at an open night for fans does not amount to living like a monk - does that help?

Not getting pissed at an open night for fans does not amount to living like a monk - does that help?

True, and I agree with Coco (*) that the players should have been under no misconceptions about what construed acceptable behaviour for a fans' event.

But that doesn't mean I think his "rehabilitation to society" means he should have to behave any differently to other players.

(* - that's twice in a week now. Somebody help me... :unsure: )

Edited by garcon

I doubt the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Hiddink, Hughes, Wenger, Benitez etc have a load of muppets on messageboards calling for their heads when their players are accused of more serious things like rape, drug abuse or a serious assualt.

To be fair I think managers of that calibre have the sense not to endorse or participate in a massive session two days before a crucial home fixture.

I am against sacking Sheridan mainly because that will cause even more instability at the club but, I do think that the Directors should have a serious word with Shez and attempt to curb the apparent drinking culture that appears to be prevalent at the club.

True, and I agree with Coco (*) that the players should have been under no misconceptions about what construed acceptable behaviour for a fans' event.

But that doesn't mean I think his "rehabilitation to society" means he should have to behave any differently to other players.

(* - that's twice in a week now. Somebody help me... :unsure: )

No help needed lol Fact is that intelligent* responsible* so called athletes should have more sense than to overdo the bevvying (* or is that the problem with some at OAFC)

To be fair I think managers of that calibre have the sense not to endorse or participate in a massive session two days before a crucial home fixture.

I am against sacking Sheridan mainly because that will cause even more instability at the club but, I do think that the Directors should have a serious word with Shez and attempt to curb the apparent drinking culture that appears to be prevalent at the club.

To be fair it was four days before the match, and they weren't training the day (or even 2) afterwards, which although may be a cause for complaint in itself it does excuse a bit of a booze on the Tuesday. Also it's been documented that Gregan and Hughes were the most pissed and they were 2 of the better performers on Saturday.

I kind of agree with your second comment but only if the 'drinking culture' is excessive (all the cliches are coming out around Shez at the mo aren't they :grin:). A drinking in moderation culture is probably a good thing.

"A section of the players have seemingly behaved like animals whilst representing the club"

hang on derek - animals? I think this story is gaining momentum if we're onto the classic tabloid "behaving like animals" line.

One perspective that people often forget is that a lot of footballers are not like the rest of us working in offices, trades or professions. Some of them are seriously thick buggers.

Now imagine the headlines "Punches thrown at Bricklayers social night" - hardly a biggie. And then if the brickies who exhcnaged blows apologised to each other and said "no harm done", would poeple expect a brickie to be sacked?

It's not an exact comparison, but it's not too far off (after all, some brickies are far more intelligent than the average footballer, rather than just a little more!)

Cant be bothered to read 5 pages of this, but can I just point out that The Sun article is in the same tabloid tosh that in a Jade Goody article (linked to from the Hughes article is only bothered about asking:

Do you know the woman caught inside Jade's room? If so call the newsdesk on 0207 7824104
, and has a headline story of another Britney wardrobe mess up!

"A section of the players have seemingly behaved like animals whilst representing the club"

hang on derek - animals? I think this story is gaining momentum if we're onto the classic tabloid "behaving like animals" line.

One perspective that people often forget is that a lot of footballers are not like the rest of us working in offices, trades or professions. Some of them are seriously thick buggers.

Now imagine the headlines "Punches thrown at Bricklayers social night" - hardly a biggie. And then if the brickies who exhcnaged blows apologised to each other and said "no harm done", would poeple expect a brickie to be sacked?

It's not an exact comparison, but it's not too far off (after all, some brickies are far more intelligent than the average footballer, rather than just a little more!)

..and because they are presumably 'seriously thick buggers' it excuses them behaving in a uncivil way?

Fighting with each other and apparently behaving in a lewd manner to female staff members at Belle Vue, where do they even get the idea that they can behave like that in public?

It's not on Nige - lack of education doesn't excuse them behaving like a pack of pissed up dicks.

As for no harm done - judging by performances on the pitch they haven't gotten even close to patching up whatever bugbears they have with each other.

Derek.

Edit: oops spelling.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

So, it would appear that we have:

Brickies - far more intelligent than your average footballer

Footballers - thick buggers

Football Fans (even if we discount those that are too stupid to use a computer) - Errr.... :unsure: