The fallout from the dogs incident SHOULD be...

Edited because you can no longer have a decent conversation with the retards on this board.

Its time you grew up and removed your tongues from up the backsides of overpaid poor quality 3rd division footballers. Yes, I said it lower league, 3rd division footballers.

Why do you think they should be treated any differently to normal people? I'd love one of you to give me a straight answer.

Oh, and no I dont work in human resources knobhead, I'm just not a blinkered fool.

In normal business, there are employees that can easily be replaced and employees that are key to the success of the company involved. The former are more likely to be sacked than the latter if problems occur.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
You wouldnt get sacked for fighting on a works official appointment in front of the shareholders?

The shareholders in this case are the fans.

You're just annoyed because you got

pwnd.jpg

what does he mean by we cannot discount sacking in this respect?

It means that if the club's investigations (hopefully into what ACTUALLY happened rather than media reports thereof) conclude that any member of staff was guilty of gross misconduct then the appropriate response may be to sack them.

Pretty obvious, surely?

With the results we are getting Shez will be gone by the end of the week. We need Gregan and Hughes to stand any chance of going up so they won't go. Sheridan will take the blame as its his job to make them tow the line.

I can't believe that a man who has played in 2 world cups is given so little respect by divison 3 players. I suppose that says alot about the man.

Here's a question, if you smacked a colleague / verbally abused a colleague / got a colleague aggressively in a headlock / walked around with dangly out in the office.......... would you still have a job????????????????????

Edit: And note how I'm naming no names, not implying anyone is telling porkies or setting myself up in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Jac

Has an eversoslight difference in that sacking the persons involved would mean kissing good by to any hope of the playoffs. But then again the fact that we cannot seem to raise it enough when playing low-grade opposition in front of the morgue has probably done enough to suggest that anyway.

Isn't it just typical Latics though? We raise a team once again who are good enough for promotion, yet things like drinking culture and bad discipline threaten big time to put the mockers on it all? It's just the way we roll, innit?

So be it mate - though in reality our play off ambitions have been falling away for quite a few months.

Time to get the good ship Oldham Athletic back into some sort of disciplined order and if that means we have to dismiss those rocking the boat then dismiss away Messers Hardy, Corney and Blitz.

Whoever may be to blame it is obvious an incident of a very serious nature has taken place and it needs dealing with post haste.

I am appalled by what has come out in the press today ands the lack of discipline has pushed me over the edge as far as Shez's tenure is concerned. A section of the players have seemingly behaved like animals whilst representing the club, and on the pitch are playing exactly how we would expect them to given the lax attitude to discipline and the ever widening fractures that seem to be appearing from week to week.

Time to say good riddance to bad rubbish, if we have to draw a line under this season as a result then those involved in these incidents should hang their heads in shame.

Derek.

beg to differ matt...unless there been yet another incident?

Heyup John, I'm talking about that thing with Hughes over Christmas up at Lydgate. I think the other thing was a misunderstanding of the venue...

Isn't it just typical Latics though? We raise a team once again who are good enough for promotion, yet things like drinking culture and bad discipline threaten big time to put the mockers on it all? It's just the way we roll, innit?

Certainly is. We are becoming nearly men and more often than not shooting ourselves in the foot. THis season after the start we had promotion or at least the playoffs have been there for the taking and at the moment we look like blowing it.

Untill details of the incidents are comfirmed its hard to say what punishments should exacted - im sure fines will probably be all it will amount to if that.

So be it mate - though in reality our play off ambitions have been falling away for quite a few months.

Time to get the good ship Oldham Athletic back into some sort of disciplined order and if that means we have to dismiss those rocking the boat then dismiss away Messers Hardy, Corney and Blitz.

Whoever may be to blame it is obvious an incident of a very serious nature has taken place and it needs dealing with post haste.

I am appalled by what has come out in the press today ands the lack of discipline has pushed me over the edge as far as Shez's tenure is concerned. A section of the players have seemingly behaved like animals whilst representing the club, and on the pitch are playing exactly how we would expect them to given the lax attitude to discipline and the ever widening fractures that seem to be appearing from week to week.

Time to say good riddance to bad rubbish, if we have to draw a line under this season as a result then those involved in these incidents should hang their heads in shame.

Derek.

spot on derek

Does Ashley Cole bring the name of Oldham Athletic into disrepute?

Until he does, let Chelsea deal with him how they see fit, I'm more concerned with what is happening at BP.

Derek.

depends how you view bringing the club into disrepute - he certainly looked a numpty

lets face it footballers - set of muppets

With the results we are getting Shez will be gone by the end of the week. We need Gregan and Hughes to stand any chance of going up so they won't go. Sheridan will take the blame as its his job to make them tow the line.

I can't believe that a man who has played in 2 world cups is given so little respect by divison 3 players. I suppose that says alot about the man.

When I've seen Corney's face after the matches he's looked less than happy, and I think you may be right and this incident may be used as an excuse to get rid.

Back on topic......

To quote the pre edited post

I'll write allegedly to ensure the thread stays up but people know what happened. Whether or not it costs us promotion, this is what SHOULD happen. Footballers have different employment rules though for some reason.

Sheridan sacked - gross misconduct

Gregan sacked - gross misconduct (2nd recent incident)

Hughes sacked - gross misconduct (allegedly walking around the greyhound night with his knob out, alleged SERIOUS incident at a certain Royton pub)

Windass sent back to Hull - gross misconduct (Causing the Taylor incident with Gregan, slagging off the clubs management in national press)

Taylor fined maximum - reacted to taunts and bought the club into disrepute.[/u]

[/i]you dont whats happened and your saying the best prospect Taylor should not be punished as much as the rest??try to find out the truth before putting your point across mate,they all think they are some kind of superstars when in reality they are not doing their jobs on the pitch so they act like children instead who shouldnt drink on empty heads they dont deserve us Oldhamers hard earned money and support because they dont give a :censored: about us fans!!

Assuming what has been reported so far is 100 percent true, and is established as a result of an investigation rather than what has been printed in the papers

Absolutely 100 percent agree with that

Here's a question, if you smacked a colleague / verbally abused a colleague / got a colleague aggressively in a headlock / walked around with dangly out in the office.......... would you still have a job????????????????????

Assuming all things being equal, no previous (and not suggesting the above is what actually happened at Belle Vue) I honestly believe it depends on the circumstances.

In the office/workplace - for violence or indecent exposure, I would expect to be sacked for gross misconduct. For verbal abuse, probably a final written warning.

On an official work function in front of customers - for violence or indecent exposure I certainly wouldn't rule out the sack, but if it's a first offence maybe a final written warning might be appropriate. For verbal abuse, it may depend - I wouldn't rule out the sack if it was at a customer.

On a private work function - for serious or unprovoked violence (particularly against a manager) I'd probably expect the sack, maybe also for indecent exposure (depending on the circumstances), otherwise a formal warning.

Out on the booze with your workmates (i.e. not any kind of work event) - I would only expect any action if convicted of a criminal offence.

In most of the above (apart form the last one) I might expect my wages to be docked to pay for any damage.

Edited to add - the indecent exposure penalties depend quite alot on the curcumstances - on reflection, in front of customers it would be an inevitable sacking, as it would be if it took the form of any kind of sexual harrassment.

Edited by garcon

The editted rant wasn't aimed at eveeryone and there have been some good serious replies, thanks for that.

I guess it all comes down to 1 question;

Would you sacrifice promotion for weeding out the bad apples and keeping Oldham Athletics good name?

Now that's agood question. A moral maze sort of one. If I'm being honest , and it could be guaranteed, I'd take promotion. Partly because, as Corp Jones for once got it right said, there's probably no club needs promotion more than Latics to secure a future.

The editted rant wasn't aimed at eveeryone and there have been some good serious replies, thanks for that.

I guess it all comes down to 1 question;

Would you sacrifice promotion for weeding out the bad apples and keeping Oldham Athletics good name?

Feelings understandably run high - I can take being called a few names on the internet. :wink:

Would I sacrifice promotion? If anyone at the club is guilty of a serious breach of discipline I would expect them to be punished accordingly irrespective of who they are and what impact that might have.

In terms of the club's good name, it needs to be seen to act accordingly, but frankly I don't care less what the papers print, and I think we sometimes overestimate their influence over others.