The fallout from the dogs incident SHOULD be...

Edited because you can no longer have a decent conversation with the retards on this board.

Its time you grew up and removed your tongues from up the backsides of overpaid poor quality 3rd division footballers. Yes, I said it lower league, 3rd division footballers.

Why do you think they should be treated any differently to normal people? I'd love one of you to give me a straight answer.

Oh, and no I dont work in human resources knobhead, I'm just not a blinkered fool.

Edited by BeckfordsRightFoot

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll write allegedly to ensure the thread stays up but people know what happened. Whether or not it costs us promotion, this is what SHOULD happen. Footballers have different employment rules though for some reason.

Sheridan sacked - gross misconduct

Gregan sacked - gross misconduct (2nd recent incident)

Hughes sacked - gross misconduct (allegedly walking around the greyhound night with his knob out, alleged SERIOUS incident at a certain Royton pub)

Windass sent back to Hull - gross misconduct (Causing the Taylor incident with Gregan, slagging off the clubs management in national press)

Taylor fined maximum - reacted to taunts and bought the club into disrepute.

Putting alleged doesn't protect you from defamation action. That is such a myth! Neither does it protect OWTB.

I'll write allegedly to ensure the thread stays up but people know what happened. Whether or not it costs us promotion, this is what SHOULD happen. Footballers have different employment rules though for some reason.

Hughes sacked - gross misconduct (allegedly walking around the greyhound night with his knob out, alleged SERIOUS incident at a certain Royton pub)

Windass sent back to Hull - gross misconduct (Causing the Taylor incident with Gregan, slagging off the clubs management in national press)

Taylor fined maximum - reacted to taunts and bought the club into disrepute.

The fallout from the dogs incident SHOULD be...........

Considered inhouse once the facts are determined.

I for one hope this doesn't end up with us sacking two of our three best players and heavily fining the other :wink:

Back on topic......

To quote the pre edited post

Taylor fined maximum - reacted to taunts and bought the club into disrepute.[/u]

[/i]

Assuming what has been reported so far is 100 percent true, and is established as a result of an investigation rather than what has been printed in the papers

Absolutely 100 percent agree with that

Still no answer to my question.

Your both just gonna ignore me I take it. Surprise surprise.

Ok, to answer your question, even if all the rumours are true, your suggested fallout is a huge over-reaction - and would be in most normal work-places too.

You wouldnt get sacked for fighting on a works official appointment in front of the shareholders?

The shareholders in this case are the fans.

Would a firm in any industry sack its key employees though, or would they maybe turned a blind eye?

I am sure an accountancy firm may turned a blind eye if its top accountant was to do this, give him another a chance etc, whereas they may sack the guy that makes the teas and coffees straight away. Anyway I am sure there is employment laws in regards to warnings etc.

Like it or not these guys are talented footballers, working in a cut throat industry which craves instant success. There are not many people in the world who can do their jobs as well as they can. Hence why they probably get more chances etc. The club is striving to get into the championship in order to become more financially stable, it is unlikely to sack 2 of its key players.

You wouldnt get sacked for fighting on a works official appointment in front of the shareholders paying customers?

Absolutely everywhere that I have worked; no ifs, buts or maybes, an incident that was percieved to be gross misconduct in front of a customer would have had me out on my arse before you had time to think.

Are things that lax nowadays at BP that this isn't considered to be as serious an offence to warrant sacking - whoever it may affect?????

Derek.

Are things that lax nowadays at BP that this isn't considered to be as serious an offence to warrant sacking - whoever it may affect?????

Derek.

Has an eversoslight difference in that sacking the persons involved would mean kissing good by to any hope of the playoffs. But then again the fact that we cannot seem to raise it enough when playing low-grade opposition in front of the morgue has probably done enough to suggest that anyway.

Isn't it just typical Latics though? We raise a team once again who are good enough for promotion, yet things like drinking culture and bad discipline threaten big time to put the mockers on it all? It's just the way we roll, innit?