The fallout from the dogs incident SHOULD be...

you dont whats happened and your saying the best prospect Taylor should not be punished as much as the rest??try to find out the truth before putting your point across mate,they all think they are some kind of superstars when in reality they are not doing their jobs on the pitch so they act like children instead who shouldnt drink on empty heads they dont deserve us Oldhamers hard earned money and support because they dont give a :censored: about us fans!!

Hence why I said assuming what has been reported is 100 percent true. But has Taylor been in trouble with the club in the past for drink related incident? not that I know of, whereas it is most definitely not Gregans first drink related incident.

Will be very interesting to see what comes of this, but I think the club will have to make their minds up sharpish re what they are going to do about it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Anyone else get the feeling that this was going to be swept under the carpet until the press got hold of it?? <_<

Gald I'm not the only one.

The Chron seems to be takeing an impartial line, purley reporting the story, unlike the other local embellising not-fit-for-chippy-papper manchester evening news.

Chron: "It’s claimed striker Lee Hughes had manager John Sheridan in a headlock "

MEN: "Lee Hughes grappled with John Sheridan" and "The striker squared up to his boss before putting him in a headlock"

So be it mate - though in reality our play off ambitions have been falling away for quite a few months.

Time to get the good ship Oldham Athletic back into some sort of disciplined order and if that means we have to dismiss those rocking the boat then dismiss away Messers Hardy, Corney and Blitz.

Whoever may be to blame it is obvious an incident of a very serious nature has taken place and it needs dealing with post haste.

I am appalled by what has come out in the press today ands the lack of discipline has pushed me over the edge as far as Shez's tenure is concerned. A section of the players have seemingly behaved like animals whilst representing the club, and on the pitch are playing exactly how we would expect them to given the lax attitude to discipline and the ever widening fractures that seem to be appearing from week to week.

Time to say good riddance to bad rubbish, if we have to draw a line under this season as a result then those involved in these incidents should hang their heads in shame.

Derek.

Innocent until proven gulty eh? !!! :wink:

Seriously Derek, I know you wanted to make sure that any arguments were fair and balanced, and we still don't know what has happened. I think, like you, we know more or less what went on, because there must have been quite a few witnesses.

It's probably not exactly right, but the general gist.

For me, the decision of what to do has been taken out of Shez's hands anyway. It is likely that nothing could be done whilst under investigation anyway.

My criticism of SHez would be to not abandon the night before things got to lairy. Depends what happened, not sure we will every know the truth of "BelleVuegate". but I would be annoyed if two of my staff got into a fight whilst on the lash and I got the sack whether I was there or not. They are responsible for their own actions, they are adults not two year olds.

Edited by singe

Innocent until proven gulty eh? !!! :wink:

I really wanted it to be a message board rumour Singe, alas it is now not the case.

I don't know who was involved (hence lack of naming names from myself), but whoever it was should in my mind be dealt with in an appropriate fashion.

As for Shez - he's completely lost it. If he can't even instill the importance of good behaviour on a night out in front of paying customers into the players......well I don't know what to say.

The performances on the pitch reflect such shabby off the pitch discipline and he even admits continually that he can't get them to listen to him. As far as I'm concerned he has lost them and they are just getting to do what they want on and off the pitch.

Derek.

People seem to be treating the newspaper reports as gospel truth. Frankly I can't believe anyone would be that naive.

Yes, SOMETHING happened, but until the club announces its actions I'm afraid we won't know WHAT happened - and even then we'll have to guess based on the punishments. (And that's the way it should be).

Players are human and are going to have drink fans dont have a problem with that. But bringing the club name into shame is what his going on here.

A few people said the players where on the booze night before Hereford game? personally the players need to wake up and smell the coffee, if your going out on the lash fine but at weekends not before important vital games.

Although i wonder if the right between Taylor and Gregan had anything to do with him missing from Saturdays team?

People seem to be treating the newspaper reports as gospel truth. Frankly I can't believe anyone would be that naive.

Yes, SOMETHING happened, but until the club announces its actions I'm afraid we won't know WHAT happened - and even then we'll have to guess based on the punishments. (And that's the way it should be).

Rather than believe the press i will go off what people have posted on here (who were actually there), gregan and taylor had a set to, shez and hughes got involved to break it up

No, turned out he was carrying a calf strain in the Leeds game from what I heard.

On the OS before the Colchester game he was out with a calf strain, but today he is a doubt for MK Dons with a thigh strain!! :shock:

Rather than believe the press I will go off what people have posted on here (who were actually there), gregan and taylor had a set to, shez and hughes got involved to break it up

I'll go with that too.

So sack Gregan and Taylor? Sod the £1M we'll lose? As if.

NB. Who organised and set the parameters (i.e go along and have a drink with the fans) for this whole thing anyway? Complete lunacy from the very first.

Anyone else get the feeling that this was going to be swept under the carpet until the press got hold of it?? <_<

spot on,i was told by someone who was there that someone had gone for the manager and taylor ended up in tears,he didn,t name names when i asked what is going to be done about it he said nothing they have sorted it,they put it down to beer and now its sorted.

but can you really put something like that behind you so quickly,i,m not so sure,on os it mentions cctv hopefully this wil show what happened

I really wanted it to be a message board rumour Singe, alas it is now not the case.

I don't know who was involved (hence lack of naming names from myself), but whoever it was should in my mind be dealt with in an appropriate fashion.

As for Shez - he's completely lost it. If he can't even instill the importance of good behaviour on a night out in front of paying customers into the players......well I don't know what to say.

The performances on the pitch reflect such shabby off the pitch discipline and he even admits continually that he can't get them to listen to him. As far as I'm concerned he has lost them and they are just getting to do what they want on and off the pitch.

Derek.

Honestly Derek, It was . I know you can't get it across on a messageboard, but I did receive the message and wanted to return it in the manner intended. ( Idid puit the winky think there too!)

I think things have reached a very low ebb.

But that if a player (s) get pretty lairy front of the boss, and even possibly grab them in a headlock it says more about the people involved. Shez has a chance to sort it, and may even be put on afinal, but hard to sack him for that specifically.

That said it'll take a few weeks to hear the case I would expect.

By some accoutns Shez seems to be very angry about it, not casual about it.

Edited by singe

I'll go with that too.

So sack Gregan and Taylor? Sod the £1M we'll lose? As if.

NB. Who organised and set the parameters (i.e go along and have a drink with the fans) for this whole thing anyway? Complete lunacy from the very first.

IMO nobody will be getting sacked for this - handbags thats it (according to people who whitnessed it)

And a meet the fans night i cant see the problem with that, what was wrong with drinking soft drinks? Why do pro sportsmen need to get bladdered? but i guess i could be 'the drinking culture' within the club

IMO nobody will be getting sacked for this - handbags thats it (according to people who whitnessed it)

And a meet the fans night i cant see the problem with that, what was wrong with drinking soft drinks? Why do pro sportsmen need to get bladdered? but i guess i could be 'the drinking culture' within the club

heads are going to roll

if the club has lost patience with the manager and our inept performances,then this is exactly what they have been waiting for and can get rid citing various reasons ultimately concluding that the manager is in breech of his contract and obligations,which are far more than training and managing the team.

Been struggling to make my mind up on recent events, but they don't inspire confidence to say the least.

I am still angry at being had for a mug by paying £20 to watch that sh*te on Saturday and it rubs salt into the wound to find out that allegedly there has been drunkenness amongst the playing staff during a 2/3 match week. Did it not occur to anyone that when fans are present the players & staff should set exemplary standards of behaviour and sobriety, and that is leaving aside the fact they are supoosed to be professional athletes.

Conclusion - Realistically only option is Shez in for now but on the strict understanding that behaviour & discipline is addressed. Appropriate bollockings issued by the club behind closed doors. Then review at season end.

heads are going to roll

if the club has lost patience with the manager and our inept performances,then this is exactly what they have been waiting for and can get rid citing various reasons ultimately concluding that the manager is in breech of his contract and obligations,which are far more than training and managing the team.

if these allegations are found to be true all those involved should go this drinking culture has to stop its not setting a very good example to the younger players

Been struggling to make my mind up on recent events, but they don't inspire confidence to say the least.

I am still angry at being had for a mug by paying £20 to watch that sh*te on Saturday and it rubs salt into the wound to find out that allegedly there has been drunkenness amongst the playing staff during a 2/3 match week. Did it not occur to anyone that when fans are present the players & staff should set exemplary standards of behaviour and sobriety, and that is leaving aside the fact they are supoosed to be professional athletes.

Conclusion - Realistically only option is Shez in for now but on the strict understanding that behaviour & discipline is addressed. Appropriate bollockings issued by the club behind closed doors. Then review at season end.

the stage has already been set this morning by alan hardy claiming that sacking anyone who brings the club into disrepute cannot be ruled out.

therefor in my opinion,we are just waiting to know who or how many exactly have been sacked.

there has been a drinking culture at this club the whole of sheridans reign so far,there were reports of this in his first season and last season...so it would seem it has carried on into this season..

shez cannot be held accountable for the club choosing to do a meet and greet at the dogs...however if he felt uneasy with it ir felt he couldnt control his players and there actions,he should of stayed away,or even gone as has been said to huddersfield to check up on colchester foir the weekends game.

he didnt and this is where we are now.

heads are going to roll

in breach if his contract and obligations in what way? witnesses on here have said he was splitting a fight up!! or is he in breach of his contract for footballing reasons? i want shez out but sacking a manager when we are 5th the LMA will have a field day! and make us look even more stupid than we already do!

in breach if his contract and obligations in what way? witnesses on here have said he was splitting a fight up!! or is he in breach of his contract for footballing reasons? i want shez out but sacking a manager when we are 5th the LMA will have a field day! and make us look even more stupid than we already do!

he may or may not have been involved he may or may not have been splitting a fight up.

we shall have to wait and see

but he is responsible for team discipline on and off the field

i would imagine his job was or is hanging by a thread due to poor performances on the field and his seeming inability to get a good group of players playing as a team.

if the club find that he couldnt control his players on official club outing then he is in breech of his contract,if the club then turn round and say sorry,but you have to go,and they pay his contract up,its nothing to do with the lma

he is gone in the summer anyways i would imagine...so would it be better to get rid now and give someone a chance to rescue the season over the next ten games???

the stage has already been set this morning by alan hardy claiming that sacking anyone who brings the club into disrepute cannot be ruled out.

therefor in my opinion,we are just waiting to know who or how many exactly have been sacked.

there has been a drinking culture at this club the whole of sheridans reign so far,there were reports of this in his first season and last season...so it would seem it has carried on into this season..

shez cannot be held accountable for the club choosing to do a meet and greet at the dogs...however if he felt uneasy with it ir felt he couldnt control his players and there actions,he should of stayed away,or even gone as has been said to huddersfield to check up on colchester foir the weekends game.

he didnt and this is where we are now.

There is a distinction between "reports" and "facts". I wasn't at the dogs night, but some who were have posted that the involvement of Shez was secondary to the main incident. Where do the reports of a "drinking culture" originate and is there any substance to them? Thats why at the moment I am sitting on the fence. But I agree that the whole thing is potentially damaging to the club. In particular if Hughes was "bladdered" as alleged, it makes a mockery of the "rehabilitation" to society claim

I think you're jumping the gun, Ed.

At this stage I don't think we should read anything more into "sackings cannot be ruled out" than exactly what it says, pending the conclusion of the club's internal investigations.

Edited by garcon

There is a distinction between "reports" and "facts". I wasn't at the dogs night, but some who were have posted that the involvement of Shez was secondary to the main incident. Where do the reports of a "drinking culture" originate and is there any substance to them? Thats why at the moment I am sitting on the fence. But I agree that the whole thing is potentially damaging to the club. In particular if Hughes was "bladdered" as alleged, it makes a mockery of the "rehabilitation" to society claim

Theres your answer as to whether hughes was bladdered, 2nd time he speaks to the camera looks completely arse-holed, slurring his speech big time and can barely put two words together

http://www.channelm.co.uk/programmes/index...tball_show.html

Edited by Lookers_Carl
forgot to post link

I reckon whoever came on here reporting this the very same night, and was ridiculed due to it being his first post, deserves an apology! :grin:

I can't believe some of the reaction to this. Myself I couldn't really give a monkeys if the players have a few beers and there were some handbags midweek.........if we had won on Saturday then I suspect most others wouldn't either. Best part is it is reported they have fallen out whilst disecting football matters, and the 'members of staff' involved are probably the four most passionate blokes at the club! If you ask me it's not necessarily a bad sign......and if Hughes and Gregan were the most pissed then I wish the others would drink more considering the performances of those two on Saturday.

I also think it's unfair that some people seem to think Shez should guarantee the players behaviour. His remit is football matters - why is not call for Corneys head on the back of Sheridans alledged behaviour? Because a bloke is responsible for his own actions....

I doubt the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Hiddink, Hughes, Wenger, Benitez etc have a load of muppets on messageboards calling for their heads when their players are accused of more serious things like rape, drug abuse or a serious assualt.