Guest sheridans_world

There might not be anything in it but in an interview he was asked why he turned down the Brighton job - Brighton were offering him £20k more than his Stockport wage. He said his wife didnt want to move down there.

When asked if he was hanging around for the Oldham job he said "no comment"

As I say, there might not be anything in it...

He doesn't state it here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7910379.stm

But he doesn't sound very confident of his position, I know this was a couple of weeks back. I reckon he'd join us, with the stability and squad he'd inherit I think we could lure him. I'm still unsure about him, but what he's done with Stockport speaks for itself...

A place for debate.

I think Latics would be better for having Gannon.

Those who say "please God no" have other views. But they don't appear to have been stated.

Please can you back up your objections with reasons.

His managerial record impresses me. His ability to get the best out of players impresses me. His improving his team each season of the 4 he's been at Edgeley Park impresses me. His winning a play-off final impresses me. His nurturing of youth impresses me. His side being the first to beat Latics this season impresses me.

What bothers you about him? I think there's a reasonable chance of a dismissal and an appointment before Saturday (no source, just a gut feeling, so could be a million miles off).

It really is the time to quantify who you want/don't want with a clarity of reason.

Edited by opinions4u

I've heard rumours that you lot are after gannon too as he has been seen talking to one of your owners doubt he will leave Stockport though or he would have gone to brighton

He dint want to go to brighton because his wife did not want to move down there , hes a good manager and there will be a post to fill at boundary park inh the near future with every thing what going on at our club at the momnet.

I've heard rumours that you lot are after gannon too as he has been seen talking to one of your owners doubt he will leave Stockport though or he would have gone to brighton

he went for the interview and didnt like what he saw..

his problems at county are he isnt getting the financial backing to take the club to the next level,all things considered he has done a magnificent job with the funds available.

would he jump at the chance to manage a team with fantastic owners who back managers to the hilt.....i think he would

he has a problem of foot in mouth syndrome and stating his mind,its either black or white..not a bad thing at times

if sheridan goes today would he come to bp now....

tough one for him to decide,especially with stockport on the fringes of playoffs,so not sure....would he come in the summer if county dont make it.....yes i think he would.

Stockport could likely nick our place in the playoffs despite selling their best players and having a very small budget. They are also very close to going into admin.

If we don't get promoted I expect that he will be Oldhams manager come next season and will be quite happy for it.

Stockport could likely nick our place in the playoffs despite selling their best players and having a very small budget. They are also very close to going into admin.

If we don't get promoted I expect that he will be Oldhams manager come next season and will be quite happy for it.

There are one or two flies in the ointment.

Our own budget WILL be cut if we stay inth e division, where is the attraction to move to a team tht sold its best players ina budget cut to a team that is having its budget cut.

If he does get County near or in the play offs, other teams from higher up/bigger budget clubs will go knocking at the County door.

Those who say "please God no" have other views. But they don't appear to have been stated.

Wait... there are people who wouldn't want Gannon as manager? Who are these people and what is wrong with them?

I was led to believe at weekend that we've tried a couple of times in the past to get him here.

There are one or two flies in the ointment.

Our own budget WILL be cut if we stay inth e division, where is the attraction to move to a team tht sold its best players ina budget cut to a team that is having its budget cut.

If he does get County near or in the play offs, other teams from higher up/bigger budget clubs will go knocking at the County door.

but his wife doesnt want to move out of the area,so he wont want to upset his wife will he.

also,no disrespect to county,there budget must be miniscule....even if our budget does get cut it would more than likely be higher than countys currently is..

people have to look long and hard at the situation and come to the conclusion,the longer we stay in this :censored: division the more chance of going under,crowds dropping away and an atmoshpher akin to a library....

withing reason i dont really care who is or manager,as long as they get us out of this :censored: hole of a division.

Should we make the mistake of sacking Shez I wouldn't want Jim Gannon, the reason being I would prefer, wait for it, Stitch.

:imnotworthy::imnotworthy::imnotworthy:

you cant just say i dont want him i want stitch....what happened to giving a balanced view on both options of preffered choice of future manager

also explain why it would be a mistake to sack shez??

you cant just say i dont want him i want stitch....what happened to giving a balanced view on both options of preffered choice of future manager

A balanced view?!? That's coming from you?!? :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Anyway, I can state a preference without publically assessing the merits of the considerations. But for your sake, Gannon may look an attractive proposition to the remaining hardcore who have taken note of his impressive record, but our current numero uno problemo is the lapsed fan base. Jim Gannon won't catch the imagination - Talbot and Moores apointments didn't and they both came with a similarly decent record (and were :censored:e). Andy Ritchies appointment would catch the imagination, and if I'm wrong and it didn't then we might as well all pack up and go home anyway.

To summarise I'd rather watch us play under the legend infront of 6k than under a County legend infront of 4k. Ritchie would care more and has a lot more experience than last time he was here as a novice(and did ok). Also he has gotten out of this league before being sacked for NOT spending money. Gannon hasn't gotten out of this league, and wants to jump ship because there is no money to spend. My preference is a no-brainer to me.

also explain why it would be a mistake to sack shez??

Ed, I could never explain it to you. :lol: