Simon Corney - G M R

Really the press have exaggerated?! At least this will calm a few on here down a bit... I think that is good work from Mr Corney, obviously recognising the sensationalism and what it's doing to the club and its fans.

No no no! Everybody MUST be sacked and then publicly flogged to within an inch of their lives!

Edited by danoafc

Really the press have exaggerated?! At least this will calm a few on here down a bit... I think that is good work from Mr Corney, obviously recognising the sensationalism and what it's doing to the club and its fans.

or on the other hand it could be construed that if the national press had not got hold of the story,this incident would have been swept under the carpet.

i think it is also good of him to do an interview and state what he thinks....just wish they would put it to bed so to speak.

Of course Corney wants to pour some cold water on this issue. Why wouldn't he?. I'd do exactly the same in his position who (included us fans) wants this coverage of the club. If it is Sean Gregan that's in the spotlight more so than any other could a club like Oldham Athletic do without his services? without jeopardizing our play off chances? Hell even City nor Newcastle would sack the Scouse nutcase cos he cost too much.

Edited by Lags

But wasn't it the club who referred to "strongest action" and "sackings"?

Only in response to the allegations which were made its almost a defence mechanism. If person x has commited act z then we dont want them near the club on the other hand if these allegationa are false then they dont act

Possibly yes, but it's the issue between Hughes and Shez I was thinking of, this is a story that seems to have come from nothing - maybe SC is referring to this?

Just to clarify the interview on GMR - he was actually interviewed about the PRS music dispute but the interviewer ask him about the dogs incident at the end

Which was a pretty standard holding statement that said IF it turned out there had been gross misconduct as the press had reported then the club would take the strongest possible action and could not rule out sackings.

Of course, if it all turns out to be fabricated nonsense, then maybe the "strongest possible action" will be taken against the papers that printed it...

Which was a pretty standard holding statement that said IF it turned out there had been gross misconduct as the press had reported then the club would take the strongest possible action and could not rule out sackings.

Of course, if it all turns out to be fabricated nonsense, then maybe the "strongest possible action" will be taken against the papers that printed it...

well yes....in the event of it is sensationalism,those responsible for blowing it out of all proportion should be brought to book so to speak..made to make a formal apology or if they so wished a donation to the link 4 pink charity.....very doubtfull though isnt it

well yes....in the event of it is sensationalism,those responsible for blowing it out of all proportion should be brought to book so to speak..made to make a formal apology or if they so wished a donation to the link 4 pink charity.....very doubtfull though isnt it

I've heard from someone within the club that it has been blown out of proportion and that Gregan has been fined 2 weeks wages.