Sheridan Has Gone & Thank You Shez

Corney said in his World interview that Shez was back in this morning saying goodbye to everyone and the players, telling them to give their all until the end of the season. Corney said it's rare something like that happens and most managers just bugger off without caring. Shows how much of a top guy Shez is.

Agreed. Also shows what a good guy Simon is to give Shez that credit. I hope they can stay friends.

I've been away all weekend, but caught Five Live on Saturday afternoon. The result at MK and the way the game had gone was the final nail in the coffin - I was certain after that that Shez would be gone by today.

Now it's time to look back and acknowledge Shez's role in taking the club another few steps forward, not only as manager in the last three seasons, but also as youth coach bringing through some of the best young players we've had at this club for a very long time.

Thanks for the good times Shez, and good luck for the future. I - and I'm sure lots of other Oldham fans - will always look out for you and wish you well.

Edited by garcon

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Well done Nige, sounds like you're even believing yourself here. 18 months? Really?!? Here's me thinking it started at Stockport away?

Nevermind.

E4e

STORY

Can't be arsed arguing over it. You wanted him out, I thought he should be given a bit more time. He's gone now anyway. Let's draw a line under it.

Onward and upward with BFJ.

I'd like to thank Sheridan for his commitment and hard work to the Latics cause, he remains a Latics legend

I am sure he will have learned a great deal and will be a better manager for his experience, should he choose to get back into the game in the future

I get the feeling however he was running out of ideas in the last few weeks, and I think TTA have made a timely intervention which will inspire the fans and more importantly the players to perform at a level we know they are capable of. Royle was always a great motivater and if this and the enthusiasm of the fans rubs off on the players we should see a much improved attitude from the players

Come on you Blues, the play offs are there for the taking -you can do it !!

Will Shez still be attending ' A question of Latics " ?

The offical answer is .. We dont know yet.

Contact is still trying to be made with him and as it would be appriciated, Shez has had a busy few days to worry about getting back to us :wink:

If shez pulls out, we would understand and I have made contact with another ex player who may fill in

Lazy reporting :grin:

Cheeky bugger Andy. :grin:

Never talked like that when he was here the first time and won't this time either. Joe was at my wedding in 1984 and we have remained firm friends from the day we first met. We always talked football of course and I was a great listener. Even in his very early years, his enthusiasm held your attention. But I am not one of those people who needs to grab the info and then go sprouting it to all and sundry.

Cheers,

Harry

Here here... I am overjoyed at Royle's return but no one should forget the ten years Shez gave this club. At the end of the day he never seperated the coach and manager role and it cost him. I am sure he will learn and go on to succeed. I am sad it won't be with Oldham but really wish him all the best!! I actually E mailed Alan Hardy yesterday to pass on my wishes!! Now here's to the next nine games and let's see Big Joe's barmy army storm into the playoffs and give Leeds the thrashing we deserve to give them in the final!!!

Edited by JWhite101

Spoke to Joe in the last 2 hours welcomed him home and wished him well.

There is nothing else to report on this except to say that he is obviously excited and feels that he has a good base to work from.

One thing he did say was that he was surprised that there hadn't been a break in to redecorate :lol: He still has the same humour.

And before anyone asks, no he didn't mention new players and I wasn't rude enough to ask.

Cheers,

Harry

Only took the OS 3 days. Come on Stu keep up. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

You've finally got your wish and he's gone. So why don't you stop being a cúnt and show a bit of respect for some one who kept us up single-handedly in 1998/99 and virtually crippled himself to save us in 2003/04?

C4e

TW@t

Great point. Im well gutted Shez has left the club. One of my all time faves at Latics. Great player, good coach, and I believe good manager too. We all moan about being in this division for so damn long, but without John Sheridan we would have been relegated out of it long ago. I am really gutted its not worked out for Shez, because there is not one person who I would have rather seen lead us out of this divsion the right way. I would have been fitting.

Good luck in the future Shez, and thank you for absolutely everything (and that is a hell of a lot of things!).

Only heard about this week's events from a barman in Palma. (Wanted Cuba but it cost me less to Majorca...) He was originally from Reading, however.

Desperately sorry for Sheridan. Like most Latics, I think, I really wanted it to be him who'd take us back to where we belong. Having said that, nothing has perked up my interest in the club as much as the return of The Great One in a long time.

Thank you John, for all you did. You were a joy to watch in the darkest days, as was the football your team played from October 2006 to February 2007. I really hope things work out for you elsewhere and that we see you at BP many times in future.